Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

Fuzz

So here's what I came up with so far, it's hosted on a friend's server, that's why it has a weird url.

I've been testing it and everything works fine so if you want to use it feel free.

http://pieter.pixelbright.co.za/dos/

Here it is for those without a Twitter account or those reluctant to log in with Twitter, I understand ;)

OMG, that is awesome! Thank you! :runaround:

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I started hanging a few Dos! flyers around my town :woot:

681767788.jpg

681769432.jpg

And Flo that gif is fucking amazing!!! :o

OMG, that is awesome! Thank you! :runaround:

It fits great on your picture, awesome :D cool to see it in use.

¡DOS! Ads incoming - First wave contains 6x45 Second videos, each featuring one of the promotional wallpapers at the beginning, followed by clips from the Stay the Night video, re-cut and a preview of the song featured. Should be uploaded within the hour, and I'll post them here as soon as they are.

Well, I already did some flyers, and I shared some pictures on my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram... I'm trying to find more things to do. :happy:

By the way, this promotion is such a great idea! :dance:

TV Spot 4 - Lady Cobra

http://vimeo.com/52762880

Quick bit of info, YouTube appears to be auto-blocking some of my Ads, so if anyone knows of alternative video sharing site that aren't so tough on 45-second snippets of songs, I'd appreciate it.

At my little exhibition last night at school a bunch of people came up to me and asked what song (stray heart) I had playing in the backround of my "how I made this shit -->" video. I was even asked to turn up the volume a few times :D Success!

You guys are reaallyyy awesome. I suck at being creative and doing this kind of stuff but I so love what's hapening here. My facebook page is filled with Green Day stuff and my facebook friends are so not done with me posting Green Day stuff!!! I'm gonna get them brainwashed and they will automatically buy the album when the time will come! Well y'know... its my own way to help you guys!!! :D :D

At my little exhibition last night at school a bunch of people came up to me and asked what song (stray heart) I had playing in the backround of my "how I made this shit -->" video. I was even asked to turn up the volume a few times :D Success!

Nice :) Subtly including Green Day in things you make to make people wonder "Where have I heard/seen this before?" or "Who is that?" is a good way to promote too.

Generally the more people are exposed to music the more they'll start to like it, and the more people are aware of a brand/promotion going on the more they'll gain interest in it over time and feel like checking it out.

I used that cool app you made :) it should have options to tweet like different shoutouts to ¡Dos! or put the 'Green Day ¡Dos!' text at the left of the avatar, maybe some people want it better (I personally don't).

Just to show you guys how bad a t photoshop I am, I made a bookmark. Great sly way of telling casual fans there's an album coming out.

dos-2x7_bookmark_1382.jpg

I used that cool app you made :) it should have options to tweet like different shoutouts to ¡Dos! or put the 'Green Day ¡Dos!' text at the left of the avatar, maybe some people want it better (I personally don't).

I could pretty easily give more avatar options but for every image the server has to use more processing power so I can't really go overboard and give dozens :P

The tweet it sends out is previewed in a text area because it's editable, so if someone wants to change it they can (maybe I need to make that clear?).

I could do some extra work to give you multiple predefined options or the option to write your own but I don't know if it's necessary.

Edit: I've added the bottom left versions.

Just to show you guys how bad at photoshop I am, I made a bookmark. Great sly way of telling casual fans there's an album coming out.

Haha, Tré's looking from behind the Dos cover like "what are you doing there?"

I could pretty easily give more avatar options but for every image the server has to use more processing power so I can't really go overboard and give dozens :P

The tweet it sends out is previewed in a text area because it's editable, so if someone wants to change it they can (maybe I need to make that clear?).

I could do some extra work to give you multiple predefined options or the option to write your own but I don't know if it's necessary.

Edit: I've added the bottom left versions.

Haha, Tré's looking from behind the Dos cover like "what are you doing there?"

I don't know how difficult it would be but a Facebook version would be awesome too!

So here's what I came up with so far, it's hosted on a friend's server, that's why it has a weird url.

I've been testing it and everything works fine so if you want to use it feel free.

http://pieter.pixelbright.co.za/dos/

Here it is for those without a Twitter account or those reluctant to log in with Twitter, I understand ;)

1KKXD.png

This is great! Just changed mine. :D

Well, totday I heard Stray Heart the first time in a german radio :D

that's pretty fucking awesome^^

Well, totday I heard Stray Heart the first time in a german radio :D

that's pretty fucking awesome^^

Which one? :woot:

This is so great!! I love how Green Day bring people together, it just warms the cockles of my heart! :D I'm totally going around my town with posters and I am on my local radio station and I mention Green Day every time I'm on and try and advertise the trilogy as it is so I will bombard them even more with Green Day! It is what I do best :lol:

Started a Promo thing for ¡Dos!, I think I am going to have to one for ¡Uno! ad ¡Tre! as well -.-

IMG_0015.jpg

I heard it on WDR 2 Oo weird..but that doesn't matter:D

Ah damn, I don't listen to WDR2 :P

Archived