Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

Fuzz

Yeah but ultimately it's Green Day - people will know and people will buy it. They have a massive fan base.

That said, the aim is to try and get people outside the fan base a bit more aware. I didn't think it would be possible to bring in more young fans with these albums but i'm seeing people popping up with the new songs as their usernames, converted by tracks off Uno, so it can be done :)

I don't know, I don't see the fanbase so massive. Did they advertise ¡Dos! in their facebook page at least? A shout out to 25k million is never bad :lol: But I've been wondering, how many idiots are there supposed to be? Because my belieber friend keeps telling me the number of beliebers out there when she emphasizes that there is none in our city.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, I don't see the fanbase so massive. Did they advertise ¡Dos! in their facebook page at least? A shout out to 25k million is never bad :lol: But I've been wondering, how many idiots are there supposed to be? Because my belieber friend keeps telling me the number of beliebers out there when she emphasizes that there is none in our city.

Well Uno got zero promotion here and that went into the charts at number two :) that's not a bad thing, not in these times. As for Dos, i'd say most people who knew Uno was coming out with knew Dos is too, even if it doesn't do quite as well (which would be understandable given the fact it's the second album of the three and all that).

They have a massive fan base. It goes beyond the people we see online, in the communities. If they didn't there's no way the band would be able to book stadiums! I'm sure it varies from country to country but still. As for Justin Bieber well he doesn't really count does he XD

Well Uno got zero promotion here and that went into the charts at number two :) that's not a bad thing, not in these times. As for Dos, i'd say most people who knew Uno was coming out with knew Dos is too, even if it doesn't do quite as well (which would be understandable given the fact it's the second album of the three and all that).

They have a massive fan base. It goes beyond the people we see online, in the communities. If they didn't there's no way the band would be able to book stadiums! I'm sure it varies from country to country but still. As for Justin Bieber well he doesn't really count does he XD

I don't know, I don't like Bieber but I must admit he's big. I wanted to know if there are more idiots that beliebers. But yeah, I know it's stupid anyway xD

And I think Oh Love got a lot of airplay and that helped ¡Uno! sell better. But people are saying Stray Heart is released next week? I thought it was already out!

51c3c9fa492177e72b8b0a869037f265-d5jslfc.jpg

This is a quick promo drawing I did at work for DOS. Spread the word, y'all! Feel free to use this, if you like... It's why I made it.

Kelly :wub:

Can someone please make this image without the "November 13 featuring Stray Heart"? So I can write it in spanish for my Green Day fan page on Facebook. I'm not good with Photoshop :P

http://i.imgur.com/iLsdR.jpg

Here you are :happy:

9WbS7.png

I'm a sucker for DIY stuff, I'll totally be printing out some flyers and sticking them around my college campus on Monday!

This is really reminiscent of their early days when the only way to hear about the band was word of mouth, except this time it's word of Internet (and a crazy fanbase :lol: )

I'm a sucker for DIY stuff, I'll totally be printing out some flyers and sticking them around my college campus on Monday!

This is really reminiscent of their early days when everything was word of mouth, except this time it's word of Internet (and a crazy fanbase :lol: )

I was thinking it'd be really cool to make a really dirt cheap looking flyer, like back in the day, people would definitely take notice then!

I was thinking it'd be really cool to make a really dirt cheap looking flyer, like back in the day, people would definitely take notice then!

That's what I was thinking, make some old fashioned cheap black and white flyers and stapling them all over downtown!

That's what I was thinking, make some old fashioned cheap black and white flyers and stapling them all over downtown!

Like black and white, but with pink x's anyway :D that would be really cool! Maybe some live pic of them with x's and the new logo?

Okay I made a couple cheap looking flyers, trying to base them on how their old flyers used to look back in the day. I didn't use the new logo nor did I use the album cover; probably should have, but oh well. I wanted them to look as cheap and home made as possible

qf8XL.jpg

Xn2J8.jpg

What's the size for a twitter header? :runaround:

"Recommended dimensions of 1252×626

Maximum file size of 5MB"

:D

Okay I made a couple cheap looking flyers, trying to base them on how their old flyers used to look back in the day. I didn't use the new logo nor did I use the album cover; probably should have, but oh well. I wanted them to look as cheap and home made as possible

qf8XL.jpg

Xn2J8.jpg

That was so epic! It could only get better with the new logo in white :D

It's not related to Dos! but yesterday I went to a music store and when I saw some Uno! CDs I grabbed them and put them all on the front (in different places) so everybody can see them :P it felt good, honestly.

hahah it's funny, every time I go to a music store I do the same with the GD cds =D

Kerrang Radio just played Stray Heart :D Kill the DJ is also their number one on air favourite, i don't know what that means but think it might be most requested or something still pretty awesome tho :D

found out Radio One has a request show on Sundays at 7pm too, could try get Stray Heart requested there too :)

It's not related to Dos! but yesterday I went to a music store and when I saw some Uno! CDs I grabbed them and put them all on the front (in different places) so everybody can see them :P it felt good, honestly.

Well done! :3 we should all do that with ¡Dos! when it's out

Along the lines of achin' to be's flyers:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

The hit Nightlife? But it's not a single :lol: You should better mention Stray Heart there

The hit Nightlife? But it's not a single :lol: You should better mention Stray Heart there

I put it in there because of the collaboration with Lady Cobra, like maybe fans of Mystic Knights of the Cobra would see that they did a song with her :)

I put it in there because of the collaboration with Lady Cobra, like maybe fans of Mystic Knights of the Cobra would see that they did a song with her :)

Oh, good idea :) also maybe we should make flyers that say that there are songs about sex in it. It might call some people's attention well.

Lol all over my facebook page is just DOS promos.....

lol like the past week of my posts have been all about DOS

Lol all over my facebook page is just DOS promos.....

lol like the past week of my posts have been all about DOS

So if you don't buy ¡Dos! you're gonna die kid :P

Today I put all the UNO CDs clearly on display in HMV and wore my trilogy tour shirt with the three album covers on! Also, around town me and my friend made a clear point to loudly say 'The new Green Day albums come out soon'...

They're actually really good! :thumbsup:

Won a bet with my friend, so I made him wear a shirt written, "GREEN DAY NEW ALBUM DOS NOVEMBER 13th!" with a crudely drawn Mike Dirnt face

Archived