Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andres

Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

499 posts in this topic

Nice idea! I'd be happy to make the images :)

3 people like this

wahey! great idea, would it be enough to just put the text "COMING NOVEMBER 13th" over the album cover?

1 person likes this

wahey! great idea, would it be enough to just put the text "COMING NOVEMBER 13th" over the album cover?

Sure!

Oooooo I like this idea. I have to see if I can think of anything our find time to design something.

1 person likes this

Now that's a good idea! :D

Great idea! :woot:

I'm gonna make some designs too!

3 people like this

Awesome idea. I want to do this

Maybe someone could put together a promotional video and try and get that shared about

Plus tumblr would be a great way of sharing photos, adverts, all directing people to iTunes or to greenday.com

1 person likes this

I want to help but I don't know how, I guess I'm going to retweet and share a lot of stuff :P

That is a great idea! Plus, if some of us don't live in a country which the first language isn't English, we should something as well, right?

4 people like this

We should make flyers to hand out on school campuses like a small indie band would :D

Well, I'm not in school any longer, but I can hand them out on a street corner near my office if you'd like! :lol:

2 people like this

I love you! This is a great idea and a wonderful way to support the band and their trilogy!!

Imagine how happy Billie, Mike, and Tré would be if we were able to really get the word out there and help Dos do well. :wub:

No ideas yet, but whatever we do needs to be consistent and frequent - don't let anyone miss it, and make sure it's something people will see often enough that it sticks in their heads and influences them to actually check out the new music.

1 person likes this

Maybe someone can sneak around some active punk/rock forums and make some threads there? I'm not suggesting spamming, this is bad, but if there's GD related thread, it's a good thing to bring some action there. And if there isn't, it's also a good reason to start one.

Maybe someone could put together a promotional video and try and get that shared about

Plus tumblr would be a great way of sharing photos, adverts, all directing people to iTunes or to greenday.com

a collab video would be awesome!

Maybe someone can sneak around some active punk/rock forums and make some threads there? I'm not suggesting spamming, this is bad, but if there's GD related thread, it's a good thing to bring some action there. And if there isn't, it's also a good reason to start one.

Yeah we definitely don't want to spam. I just brought up the idea with GDA editors of us writing up a story with the top reasons we're excited for Dos. Maybe something like that could be shared in relevant places.

if somebody could make an eye-catching gif

We need Flo

We could just spam the big radio stations (such as Radio 1) twitter and facebook accounts requesting Stray Heart :eyebrows:

4 people like this

If there is an image I can share online, I'll definitely share it. I could probably print some off and put them downtown too.

We could just spam the big radio stations (such as Radio 1) twitter and facebook accounts requesting Stray Heart :eyebrows:

We should definitely try to reach out to the big stations and request Stray Heart. KROQ, Radio One, ... that's all I know.

1 person likes this

Anybody trick-or-treating tonight? I would hand out flyers door-to-door, but my printer wont work

1 person likes this

Flo or someone really good at making gifs should try doing something like this where only a small part of the image moves. It's eye-catching.

sydKo.jpg

More

http://www.reddit.com/r/cinemagraphs

That's really amazing idea! :happy: It's really so eye-catching!!!!! :runaround: