Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Star Wars: Episode VII

- - - - - Movie

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

CheckerboardAndroid

CheckerboardAndroid
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2010
  • 881 rep

This thread is not a joke. George Lucas just sold Lucasfilm Ltd., IL&M, and Skywalker sound to Disney and they have revealed plans to continue the Star Wars film franchise. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers," Lucas said in a statement. "I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime". So what are your thoughts and reactions?

http://www.theverge....isode-7-in-2015
http://www.ign.com/a...ii-set-for-2015

EDIT: well it looks like I have been beaten to it in an existing thread. I'm sure there's a mod somewhere sensing a disturbance in the force and is coming to shut down this Rebel station.

Roy in Charge

Roy in Charge
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined Sep 12, 2012
  • 31 rep
SHIT! Disney will fuck these films up like they with everything. There is no more story to tell so why make another? That's what George Lucas said a while a ago

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,100 rep
This is depressing, yet unsurprising. Which is even more depressing!

StrayHeart93

StrayHeart93
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Joined Apr 12, 2012
  • 374 rep
How can star wars possibly continue .... The empire is destoryed and the republic is restored nothing more to add to that.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • http://ask.fm/ceadog

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep
I was just about to start a thread for this, haha.

I'm going to wait until some plot details leak. If it's based on the Extended Universe it should be okay, but if it's a completely new plot, I may lose my shit, and not in a good way.

How can star wars possibly continue .... The empire is destoryed and the republic is restored nothing more to add to that.

Oh, you poor innocent innocent little child.

RevDrFunk

RevDrFunk
  • Grandmaster Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,515 rep
Yeah, I threw this in le old Star Wars thread since that covers everything. But I'm still sorting out my feels about this. Most of me is optimistic actually.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep
I think this is big enough news to warrant it's own thread, at least for now.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,100 rep
The only reason Disney are doing this is for the $$$ , I can see them focusing on how big a spectacle they can make this rather than how good a movie they can do.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep

The only reason Disney are doing this is for the $$$ , I can see them focusing on how big a spectacle they can make this rather than how good a movie they can do.

How is that any different from anything Lucas would do? *COUGH*ALLTHREEOFTHEPREQUELS*COUGH*

Heisenberg

Heisenberg
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2008
  • 375 rep
I don't see how anything could be as bad as the prequel trilogy but I have had my expectations lowered before.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep

I don't see how anything could be as bad as the prequel trilogy but I have had my expectations lowered before.

The Motherfucking Star Wars Motherfucking Christmas Motherfucking Special.

Heisenberg

Heisenberg
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2008
  • 375 rep

The Motherfucking Star Wars Motherfucking Christmas Motherfucking Special.

lol I always forget that thing exists. I guess I just try to block it out my mind. At least Lucas admits himself to the shittyness of that movie.

drugstore hooligan

drugstore hooligan
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2010
  • 139 rep
NO NOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Ill stick with the original trilogy thanks, cos something tells me this will be even worse than the prequels (if thats possible) :lol:

Cori

Cori
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2011
  • 564 rep
I'm most worried about the existing EU stories. As long as Mara Jade exists in some shape, I'll be okay. :)

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Arse Doctor. PhD/Bloodqueef McOral (and Hitler)

• 14,482 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,836 rep
Damn.. George Lucas needs to be restrained for his own good.

Advertising

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep

lol I always forget that thing exists. I guess I just try to block it out my mind. At least Lucas admits himself to the shittyness of that movie.

Cocaine is a helluva drug
Posted Image

I'm most worried about the existing EU stories. As long as Mara Jade exists in some shape, I'll be okay. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I want Thrawn.

Damn.. George Lucas needs to be restrained for his own good.

Lucas isn't even head of Lucasfilm anymore. I doubt he had much involvement.

Tman684

Tman684
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 10,088 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,438 rep
I sense a disturbance in the force. George has said he will not do anymore sequels, yet he is still on the creative board for the new movies? and they're planning on going past 9? WHAT THE FUCK? This will be shit. Star Wars is forever ruined. FUCK THE WORLD. This has to be a hoax, right??

Cori

Cori
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2011
  • 564 rep
I would really like to be happy about this and be like "HECK YEAH, MORE STAR WARS MOVIES!" but there's something holding me back. Well, maybe I'll be more excited in 2015. It's too early to tell now.

I want Thrawn.

Thrawn would be nice, too. But I'm not my getting my hopes up too far.

Brigister

Brigister
  • I'm a mess and you're a work of art

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Joined Aug 30, 2011
  • 1,192 rep
Posted Image

Nor on any of Star Wars planets.

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,088 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,438 rep
Now that the EVIL corporation of Disney owns Star Wars, what can us loyal fans expect? No violence? No sex? No thrill? This will be shit, like the first 3 Spiderman movies. Fuck. I'm going to go smash my head in the wall. I'm so pissed now. Awww.....Fuck! FUCK ME! Someone prove me wrong. George can't be completely confident. No more Kenner action figs? No more Lego Star Wars? Everything is shitty shit shit. awww.....Fuck. Please, if they do do 7,8,9, please may Mark, Carrie, and Harrison be in them. Even if Harrison doesn't like Star Wars, and I hope he doesn't die in the next 7 years. Oh Fuck

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep

Thrawn would be nice, too. But I'm not my getting my hopes up too far.

Best case scenario: adaptation of Heir to the Empire series.

Worst case scenario (and most likely): completely new story arc that absolutely rapes the Extended Universe canon.

Now that the EVIL corporation of Disney owns Star Wars, what can us loyal fans expect? No violence? No sex? No thrill? This will be shit, like the first 3 Spiderman movies. Fuck. I'm going to go smash my head in the wall. I'm so pissed now. Awww.....Fuck! FUCK ME! Someone prove me wrong. George can't be completely confident. No more Kenner action figs? No more Lego Star Wars? Everything is shitty shit shit. awww.....Fuck. Please, if they do do 7,8,9, please may Mark, Carrie, and Harrison be in them. Even if Harrison doesn't like Star Wars, and I hope he doesn't die in the next 7 years. Oh Fuck

Wasn't the Avengers Disney?

I doubt the original cast will return, especially Harrison.

Cori

Cori
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Joined Aug 10, 2011
  • 564 rep

Best case scenario: adaptation of Heir to the Empire series.

Worst case scenario (and most likely): completely new story arc that absolutely rapes the Extended Universe canon.

Actually, it would be awesome if they could set it in the future and have it be about a 20 year old Ben Skywalker. His story really hasn't been told yet, so honestly they could do whatever they want there (within reason).

I hope it doesn't totally mess up EU canon. I don't even have feelings to describe how that would make me feel.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,166 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,100 rep

How is that any different from anything Lucas would do? *COUGH*ALLTHREEOFTHEPREQUELS*COUGH*

They were blockbusters in terms of budget and media hype but they tried to stick to the original story in parts at least, and there were some bits thrown in to satisfy the hardcore fans. Lucas had his reputation to consider when making the prequels. Disney don't care so much, they know we'll all hate them for doing this, but they also know how to make an insane amount of money from a film and that's what they'll do if this goes ahead.

The last good Star Wars thing was the Family Guy versions, and now they're going to ruin that.

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan by the way, I just hate Disney!

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,088 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,438 rep
BRING BACK BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized this, we (should) be getting more Boba Fett!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH! (Damn, my feelings are mixed. I'm so confused)

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep

Actually, it would be awesome if they could set it in the future and have it be about a 20 year old Ben Skywalker. His story really hasn't been told yet, so honestly they could do whatever they want there (within reason).

I hope it doesn't totally mess up EU canon. I don't even have feelings to describe how that would make me feel.

Lucas clearly has no problem fucking with canon. He destroyed Boba Fett's backstory in the prequels, and the Mandalorians and IG-88 with the fucktarded Ahsoka Tano shitfest of The Clone Wars. I'm really worried that the entire canon will get thrown aside for some directors shitty power trip.

Unless Kevin Smith directs it. Please God let that happen.

They were blockbusters in terms of budget and media hype but they tried to stick to the original story in parts at least, and there were some bits thrown in to satisfy the hardcore fans. Lucas had his reputation to consider when making the prequels. Disney don't care so much, they know we'll all hate them for doing this, but they also know how to make an insane amount of money from a film and that's what they'll do if this goes ahead.

The last good Star Wars thing was the Family Guy versions, and now they're going to ruin that.

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan by the way, I just hate Disney!

Like I said, they did a good job with The Avengers.

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,088 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,438 rep
But seriously, I hope they get a really cute chick for Jaina. I have a huge crush on her (wtf is wrong with me?). Please be a not-famous actress or some slutty whore or something. Don't ruin my imaginary girlfriend.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,610 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,269 rep

BRING BACK BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized this, we (should) be getting more Boba Fett!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH! (Damn, my feelings are mixed. I'm so confused)

He already fucked him up once. He'd do it again without any hesitation.

But seriously, I hope they get a really cute chick for Jaina. I have a huge crush on her (wtf is wrong with me?). Please be a not-famous actress or some slutty whore or something. Don't ruin my imaginary girlfriend.

Don't get your hopes up, she might not be in it.

Or Megan Fox could play her :P

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I make great reservations!

• 20,861 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,342 rep
First Pixar, now LucasFilms. Why does Disney need to own, and ruin, everything good? :(

alien97

alien97
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 136 rep
so there's the 3d versions of the 2/3/4/5/6 films and a 7th :)

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• 17,058 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,151 rep

POPULAR

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users