Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Take as long as you need, Billie. We'll still be here...

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed for the American fans though. But bright side is we get Tre a month earlier but really hoping the band would come up for a little promotion.

I'm a little disappointed, but glad to hear that Billie is doing better.

So no word yet as to when the new dates will be?

Any guesses when they might postpone the US tour to? April-June perhaps, before going to Europe?

I'm disappointed but glad that they're doing the right thing. Like achin' to be said, proper rehab is a much longer process, and if he's going to do it right, he needs several months off.

The tour doesn't affect me since I'm in Australia (sorry to those who it does).

But I wish Tre got pushed back rather than forward. I wish there was more of a gap between releases, mainly because I love Uno so much that I don't want too much of a good thing in such a short period (better to space it out to give me something to look forward too).

But as someone mentioned, it will probably be better sales-wise since it's just before Xmas.

I hate to be a selfish fuck but what about my tickets I ordered?

They explained in that press release that you'll be refunded if it's a club show and postponed and honored for 2013 dates.

I'm guessing all the American and Canadian dates that have been postponed will be moved up to the summer of 2013 and will therefore delay the European shows ... All that matters is Billie's health but i'm devastated!

Shame but no surprise. I could always see this happening. Can anyone remember anything this major disrupting Green Day before this?

Shame but no surprise. I could always see this happening. Can anyone remember anything this major disrupting Green Day before this?

Didn't they cancel a tour once during the Insomniac era?

If they re-schedule the tour for before the Europe shows as people suggest, that's one hectic long schedule for next year. Plus the fact they haven't announced dates for countries such as Australia yet.

well this puts a damper on my day. got a hurricane coming my way and now gd canceling shows. :sad:

Can't say I'm surprised, but Billie's health needs to comes first. After that, there's all the time in the world for those tour dates.

But super glad to hear that he's getting better.

Anybody else get the feeling that when these shows finally do happen, the band is going to come ROARING out of the gate?

I'm guessing all the American and Canadian dates that have been postponed will be moved up to the summer of 2013 and will therefore delay the European shows ... All that matters is Billie's health but i'm devastated!

That wouldn't make any sense at all because they'd have to cancel the European shows then as well... (=more costs etc.)

My guess is that they'll do the January/February shows after the European Tour.

Well anyway, that news isn't a surprise. This whole trilogy thing turns out to be a flop..

I'm not American so FUCK YEA, TRE A MONTH EARLIER :runaround:

This only adds to how fucking happy (and lucky) I was with the decision to take that flight and see them at Shepard's Bush. Only god (and with that I mean no one) knows when they'll come to Europe again. But for now I feel sorry for the ones who had bought tickets to the cancelled and postponed shows. Had tickets gone on sale for all the shows yet, or was damage minimalized?

If they re-schedule the tour for before the Europe shows as people suggest, that's one hectic long schedule for next year. Plus the fact they haven't announced dates for countries such as Australia yet.

They were supposed to tour Australia between the American and European tour. The shows never got announced because of this.

I'd say it's very unlikely that they'll cancel any European shows, but you never know. American dates will probably be postponed to either just before or just after the European tour.

I think we all knew in the back of our minds that this was coming...BUT I'd rather have Billie take his time to get ready than have to be pressured to be ready by these tour dates. AND at least all the guys get to spend ALL of the holidays with their families! :) And I think that is absolutely wonderful! They deserve it!!

Terrible shame for all the US fans. I'm glad we will get the album a month earlier but it is probably the most worrying indication yet that this trilogy idea really didn't take off the way they probably envisaged.

Wow. Canceling a whole leg of a tour is pretty huge. I fully expected Billie to be back for the start of the tour. I'm glad he's taking his rehab so seriously though. Getting Tré a month earlier than expected is cool, but I wish we were getting it earlier under better circumstances.

This era really is a mess, but the main priority definitely is and should be Billie Joe getting better. I hope everything works out.

Damn, can't say I'm surprised but I'm sorry to everyone who had tickets and was looking forward to these shows. More reason for you to join me in London now. :shifty:

Also, I'm not sure if I believe the whole releasing Tré early to "make up for cancelled tour dates". I think Warner just wants to get the trilogy over and done with, but maybe that's just me.

Anyways, I wish Billie the best of luck recovering since this is apparently more serious than we all thought, and look forward to seeing him and the others perform whenever he's ready. :)

Archived