Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

I completely understand and Billie's health is the main concern here. It's best for him to take the time he needs now so they'll be able to have a great future.

My only sadness is that my shows in January were perfect because I don't have classes that month. Now there's a chance I might have a midterm or something on the day of a show when I have to get there super early. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Please please get well soon Billie. We're all here for you. Rage & Love.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now instead of being 1 of 2800 people, ill have to be 1 of 16,000. Fuck

Hate to say it, guy, but this ain't about you.

That's not TOO bad... I don't fully agree with the idea of releasing Tre earlier, I think it's good to be able to anticipate something like that, but hey, more Green Day!

It makes me wonder if the band realized Billie was on some sort of substance during the recording, or the short live tour...? I just wonder when he began, and when the band became aware.

I think after he gets out, he'll be in a way healthier state of mind as well. As in, I don't think this sort of thing will happen again. So that's good!

And IF they move the Seattle date to a larger venue then I MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO GET TICKETS. Who knows? That would be AMAZING.

As far as I can tell he seemed pretty "normal" at the show I attended. =/ But that's of course just the way he appeared to the public. We don't know what happened 'backstage' (aka his and their personal lives)

Well daaaamn. And honestly, I'm not really sure that I'm happy that Tre is being moved up. I liked the idea that it was coming out after all the Christmas hype was over/ post Christmas depression sets in.

Billie :(

I know everything's been speculated, but his problem which I'm thinking is pills + alcohol takes a while to recover from. We're lucky he didn't hit rock bottom first though, that's usually what it takes. Also, maybe he wrote Amy because he sees similarities in her that he has and it kinda shook him up. It all makes sense.

EDIT: Also, in the uno book one of the pages says Take the pills and fuck the something I don't have it in front of me.

I have a strong feeling that Warner is done with Green Day. They can't afford a band which isn't able to do the amount of promo that major label artists have to. Thinking of another album in a few years, when they have to do a lot of promo again, there's probably the same thing happening with Billie...

I hate to be selfish but when it says "tickets will be honored at the rescheduled show" does it mean they will give me the tickets I had at the postponed show? Or do I have to reorder them?

I'm sorry for all the american fans who have bought the tickets to see the shows.

Anyways, Billie's health comes first, and is good to hear that he's doing well, he needs to take all the time he needs to come back.

And I must say that I'm glad to get Tré earlier, it is a nice gesture to counter this difficult situation

I hate to be selfish but when it says "tickets will be honored at the rescheduled show" does it mean they will give me the tickets I had at the postponed show? Or do I have to reorder them?

I think it means you will be able to use the tickets you received or ordered for the rescheduled show. Mostly so the venue doesn't have to re-print new tickets.

My sympathy to anyone who was going to stuff that's cancelled or postponed, it must be disappointing. However I'm really really pleased that they've got a plan, they're doing things sensibly, and that they've told us what's going on so clearly. They're doing the right thing for Billie, the band, and the fans :). It's great to hear from Mike and Tre themselves that Billie's doing OK and having Tre early to fill in the gap sounds good to me!

Happy about this cause at the end of the day it means the more time Billie Joe has off, the more time he has to get better! And hey! We get Tre early! Get Better Soon Billie!

Guys , we should care about Billie joe health more !

Mike said that Billie's doing well so I think it's okay to discuss about other things.

I think it means you will be able to use the tickets you received or ordered for the rescheduled show. Mostly so the venue doesn't have to re-print new tickets.

Thanks. I was just confused by what that meant.

I have a strong feeling that Warner is done with Green Day. They can't afford a band which isn't able to do the amount of promo that major label artists have to. Thinking of another album in a few years, when they have to do a lot of promo again, there's probably the same thing happening with Billie...

i'm agree

I can only speak for myself, but I know that my disappointment over this is not meant as a way to blame or be angry at Billie. While Billie's issues may have lead to all of this, that doesn't mean that I am mad at Billie, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm sure the band is bummed about canceling and postponing these dates, so it's unreasonable to expect that we aren't upset, either. But, expressing our disappointment doesn't mean that we're angry at Billie and the band. I can be angry about my show being postponed while also wishing for the best for Billie. So, please don't act like we're horrible people for being upset. Now, if I said something like "BILLIE JOE SUCKS HE'S MAKING ME MISS A SHOW!" then, yeah, that's dickish. But please don't hold it against us for being upset about this, no matter why it came about. Some of us are more upset than others, but that doesn't mean we're trying to lessen Billie's issues.

The cancellations and postponements are obviously disappointing, but we have to consider that treatment for substance abuse isn't something that can be rushed. Billie Joe couldn't jump right into a strenuous tour if he wasn't 100% in time or the results could be catastrophic. We want him to get better so he can keep on moving forward, not regress. So yeah it sucks, but it's for the best.

On the other hand, I'm excited to have the whole trilogy this year. It got me even more excited for tre just knowing it's right around the corner.

The news scared me, to be honest. I know that this is probably overreacting, but still they canceled many shows and postponed the whole tour leg, that's huge. I'm sure that guys feel bad about it, they put so much effort in trilogy and now it turns out into a mess, but I think they will come back after all this shit even stronger and even more awesome then ever.

I can only speak for myself, but I know that my disappointment over this is not meant as a way to blame or be angry at Billie. While Billie's issues may have lead to all of this, that doesn't mean that I am mad at Billie, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm sure the band is bummed about canceling and postponing these dates, so it's unreasonable to expect that we aren't upset, either. But, expressing our disappointment doesn't mean that we're angry at Billie and the band. I can be angry about my show being postponed while also wishing for the best for Billie. So, please don't act like we're horrible people for being upset. Now, if I said something like "BILLIE JOE SUCKS HE'S MAKING ME MISS A SHOW!" then, yeah, that's dickish. But please don't hold it against us for being upset about this, no matter why it came about. Some of us are more upset than others, but that doesn't mean we're trying to lessen Billie's issues.

Well said, I don't think it's unreasonable to feel that way at all.

Come on guys, let's be excited for Tre!

We are getting Tre early! Its the most epic one from the Trilogy. :runaround:

Be happy. There are downsides but they gave us a reason to be happy too.

Wow, I didn't think it would come to this. They're obviously taking Billie's recovery very seriously, which is a good thing. He can have as much time as he needs to get everything sorted out, and we'll all still be here. It's really sad how this trilogy panned out, but after this dark period ends I suspect we'll see a very renewed and positive Billie Joe/band.

moving Tre earlier...to the date of all my assignment hand ins....not sure if I'm overjoyed or angry.

Same here, but then again after handing in all the stuff it will be quite relaxing to listen to new Green Day music

This must be hitting hard on the guys, knowing they usually wouldn't easily cancel shows and now they have no other choice but to cancel a whole bunch.

But I'm sure that, as soon as Billie's fully back, they will return with such a great explosion that we might need wheelchairs to handle the entire tour which they might be planning to do.

I just hope both the fans and the guys can see the positive aspect in this slightly disappointing news. Calm before the storm

Archived