Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

i'm sort of disappointed :ermm:

i had already gotten tickets, so now i automatically have the tickets for whenever they reschedule the show?

i just hope billie gets better asap!!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else get the feeling that when these shows finally do happen, the band is going to come ROARING out of the gate?

That thought has been in the back of my head for a long time now. :happy:

Anybody else get the feeling that when these shows finally do happen, the band is going to come ROARING out of the gate?

Oh totally. You know that when they come back, they're going to bring down the house with ther live shows.

I'd much rather have my show postponed and Billie get completely better, than to have him skip out on treatment early and relapse (or worse).

i'm sort of disappointed :ermm:

i had already gotten tickets, so now i automatically have the tickets for whenever they reschedule the show?

i just hope billie gets better asap!!

If its for one of the rescheduled dates then yeah, they'll announce those soon :)

Glad to hear Billie's recovery process is going well. A little sad that they postponed the Madison concert on February 2 that I was going to, but on the positive side at least they'll hopefully postpone it by a couple months so I don't have to worry about my mom and I getting stuck in a blizzard for the hour and a half drive on the way down.

I was supossed to see them January 18th for the first time ever. That really sucks man...oh well, i guess i'll be able to see them later on next year.

Glad to hear Billie's recovery process is going well. A little sad that they postponed the Madison concert on February 2 that I was going to, but on the positive side at least they'll hopefully postpone it by a couple months so I don't have to worry about my mom and I getting stuck in a blizzard for the hour and a half drive on the way down.

Yeah, that too. I'm actually relieved that I probably won't have to drive through snow and ice now. Anything for Green Day, but the thought was really starting to freak me out.

That wouldn't make any sense at all because they'd have to cancel the European shows then as well... (=more costs etc.)

My guess is that they'll do the January/February shows after the European Tour.

Yes, that could potentially mean they'll start with Europe for once!

Not that it's really under the brightest of circumstances...

Also, I'm not sure if I believe the whole releasing Tré early to "make up for cancelled tour dates". I think Warner just wants to get the trilogy over and done with, but maybe that's just me.

Nah, you're not the only one thinking it. The trilogy has turned into a PR disaster. I'm disappointed, not for the cancelled tour (I know we'll get our shows someday), but for the fact that this trilogy was so hyped, and they seemed so happy, and now... this. The trilogy era will unfortunately be partially characterized by all this stuff going on surrounding it instead of the awesome music and all their hard work. It's a shame.

American dates will probably be postponed to either just before or just after the European tour.

Yep, and then they'll tour Australia after the European dates, like they always do...

it sucks though, I'm not even excited about Tré now =/

I'd rather they left the release of Tre in January. It's always nice to have something to look forward to in such a miserable month. Also, need enough time to digest Dos.

This only adds to how fucking happy (and lucky) I was with the decision to take that flight and see them at Shepard's Bush. Only god (and with that I mean no one) knows when they'll come to Europe again. But for now I feel sorry for the ones who had bought tickets to the cancelled and postponed shows. Had tickets gone on sale for all the shows yet, or was damage minimalized?

The tickets have been on sale for all the shows if I'm not mistaking.

Anyway, after what Rob Cavallo said, I had a feeling it will happen. At least, it shows that they're taking this seriously and I'm sure they'll come back (whenever is the right time) full of energy.

So sorry for you guys who happened to be booked for a 2012 date. I'm upset enough at my date being rescheduled, especially if I can't make it to the new date for whatever reason (based on projections for my grandma's health, depending on when they reschedule that date ... yeah.). But to you guys who lost a date altogether? Damn.

It sucks that everything relating to this project is falling apart (please note, I'm not placing blame or anything, just saying).

Nah, you're not the only one thinking it. The trilogy has turned into a PR disaster. I'm disappointed, not for the cancelled tour (I know we'll get our shows someday), but for the fact that this trilogy was so hyped, and they seemed so happy, and now... this. The trilogy era will unfortunately be partially characterized by all this stuff going on surrounding it instead of the awesome music and all their hard work. It's a shame.

Exactly. The trilogy thing faded away quickly it seems.

I am sure things would have been different if they got to promote Dos and Tre like they promoted Uno. They were everywhere when Uno came out.

Wow, this is such a weird feeling. I move to Philly January 28th, so I would've missed the Philly show, but since it's postponed now, maybe I can still make it... but the reason sucks ofcourse. I don't know if I should feel sad that the shows are postponed, or happy about the fact that they're taking it seriously, and that I could go to the postponed Philly show...

It sucks that they are not around for promotions for the rest of the albums. I miss the random Tv interviews and radio interviews. Those were really fun times!

The only thing we can do as fans is to continue to show our support and well wishes for the band and Billie during this time. It's an awesome gesture that they're releasing TRE early, whether it was a move by Warner or not. The main thing is Billie's well being as Mike said and that's more important.

i hope the new dates are convenient...

the perk is that there's a less likely chance of snow and stuff

i feel really bad for the band because i know this isn't the way they wanted to put out their records =/

I really don't know if I believe Tre's statement that they're giving it to us a month early just to make up for the canceled dates. Did that decision really just come from the band or was it something Warner wanted to do? Hmm.

This is not the news I wanted to wake up to today; last night I had a feeling that we were going to get some sort of news today, so I was kind of right?

I support and understand Billie Joe's situation 100%, but I still can't help from feeling a little burned by this, you know? I have tickets to the December 4th show, it was going to be my first concert and now I don't even know what.

It also sucks that I'm going to have to deal with stupid distributors so I can get my $200 back. Oh well, its good to know that Billie is doing fine at least, so maybe some better news will stop dropping soon.

I really don't know if I believe Tre's statement that they're giving it to us a month early just to make up for the canceled dates. Did that decision really just come from the band or was it something Warner wanted to do? Hmm.

Probably a mix of both. The sales are gonna probably be pretty bad anyway, but waiting till January (dead zone) with no promo coulda been a disaster even more. So I can see it being a strategic move on both ends.

I think it's sad that they seemed so proud about this trilogy, but that they can't promote it the way they would have normally because of the circumstances. I know that Billie's health is way more important than promoting albums, but I would have like to see them succeed with this project. Sometimes, a song or an album can become popular a long time after it's release, so I hope something like that will happen (there was a band called Mes Aieux in Quebec who had a song that was being played a lot on the radio, but it was released 2-3 years before; I know it isn't a band as big as Green Day).

That's not TOO bad... I don't fully agree with the idea of releasing Tre earlier, I think it's good to be able to anticipate something like that, but hey, more Green Day!

It makes me wonder if the band realized Billie was on some sort of substance during the recording, or the short live tour...? I just wonder when he began, and when the band became aware.

I think after he gets out, he'll be in a way healthier state of mind as well. As in, I don't think this sort of thing will happen again. So that's good!

And IF they move the Seattle date to a larger venue then I MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO GET TICKETS. Who knows? That would be AMAZING.

I'm disappointed about my show postponed, but I want Billie to be okay. But it's great that we have Tré! earlier.

Archived