Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

I love how they said they were gonna announce this in a couple weeks and now it's been a month and a half. I'm starting to get nervous.

They didn't say a time, they just said 'shortly'

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm repeating myself, I know, but it really hasn't been that long since the dates were postponed, but it sure feels like it! :lol: I assumed that the announcement would have been made quickly because some venues have said spring and I feel like Best Coast still being able to open means they have an idea when not to book their own dates, but I guess I was wrong!

I'd just like to know before I have to panic about changing or cancelling my flights. I'm so afraid I'm going to forget about it and lose everything.

I hope my show here in NY won't be changed to a date when I'm at my dad's house in NJ. That would suck. I'm already not going to his house for Christmas, so having to skip spring break too would suck!

I think it JUST hit me how truly sad I am that I won't be seeing them next month. Because I'm listening to Tre, currently have 99 Revs blasting in my ears, and just picturing the band performing it and going crazy and being so happy together, and it's not happening any time soon. It will eventually, and I know there are people who have never had the chance to see them at all and may never get that chance where they live, but this cancellation/postponement just doubled in disappointing for me after listening to Tre, because I really DO love that album significantly more than the previous two, and I'm now LIVING to hear some of these songs performed live. Very different than the 21CB tour when I was hoping they wouldn't play much of the new stuff :P (Though that had more to do with me never having seen them live and wanting to hear the hits.)

I think it JUST hit me how truly sad I am that I won't be seeing them next month. Because I'm listening to Tre, currently have 99 Revs blasting in my ears, and just picturing the band performing it and going crazy and being so happy together, and it's not happening any time soon. It will eventually, and I know there are people who have never had the chance to see them at all and may never get that chance where they live, but this cancellation/postponement just doubled in disappointing for me after listening to Tre, because I really DO love that album significantly more than the previous two, and I'm now LIVING to hear some of these songs performed live. Very different than the 21CB tour when I was hoping they wouldn't play much of the new stuff :P (Though that had more to do with me never having seen them live and wanting to hear the hits.)

I was just thinking how I was supposed to see them in February (my first time) and that is getting kind of close. It made me realize how just how much I want to see them so badly. Don't get me wrong, I hope and pray Billie is doing better, his health and well being is certinally first and formost, but I want want want to see Green Day so badly.... :sad:

My first GD concert was going to be on 1/13. Now I guess I have to wait :(

Same thing here, but I'm just thinking whenever they reschedule the shows it'll probably so kick ass because Green Day will be hungry to get back on stage and they'll perform like they have something to prove.

Knowing Green Day, when they come back they will do something extra for the fans. They will probably play better than they have in a long time I'm guessing, they will want to make them being gone for a while up to the fans.

I really wish they'd release new dates. I don't care if it's far away - they can take as long as they need, they're worth waiting for. :happy: But I'd hate for the dates to be at a time when I'm going on vacation. That's my only worry.

I was just thinking how I was supposed to see them in February (my first time) and that is getting kind of close. It made me realize how just how much I want to see them so badly. Don't get me wrong, I hope and pray Billie is doing better, his health and well being is certinally first and formost, but I want want want to see Green Day so badly.... :sad:

I know exactly what you mean... what was supposed to be my first concert date is coming up (Jan. 30) and it just really sucks knowing how close I was to actually seeing them live, especially after listening to all this awesome music on ¡Tré!. Not that it's not going to happen, but the uncertainty is killing me. Like you guys, I just worry something in my schedule will conflict with being able to go to the concert.

• 3 weeks later...
I know exactly what you mean... what was supposed to be my first concert date is coming up (Jan. 30) and it just really sucks knowing how close I was to actually seeing them live, especially after listening to all this awesome music on ¡Tré!. Not that it's not going to happen, but the uncertainty is killing me. Like you guys, I just worry something in my schedule will conflict with being able to go to the concert.

I just got tickets to the delayed concert in Cleveland, and the suspense is killing me. I don't care what I have planned, if i have conflict I'm canceling it. Especially when this may be one of Green Day's last tours. I just want to see Tre in person!!!

I just got tickets to the delayed concert in Cleveland, and the suspense is killing me. I don't care what I have planned, if i have conflict I'm canceling it. Especially when this may be one of Green Day's last tours. I just want to see Tre in person!!!

What makes you say that? I think Green Day are going to be like The Rolling Stones. Still playing when they are old.

Archived