Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is all part of jason whites evil plan to slowly get billie out of the way and take over as head of the band, clearly!

this is all part of jason whites evil plan to slowly get billie out of the way and take over as head of the band, clearly!

:lol:

Beating out thousands of others for a chance at tix...to a theater show...in California. That's the part that hurts the most. This chance may never come again.

Oh my God, absolutely. That isn't an easy feat, I know those tickets went in a flash, and now, who knows if you'll get that lucky again? Totally understand that frustration.

I'm in Australia so we didn't have any tour dates, so all i've gotten out of this is Tre a month early! :dance:

Oh my God, absolutely. That isn't an easy feat, I know those tickets went in a flash, and now, who knows if you'll get that lucky again? Totally understand that frustration.

Exactly. That's where most of my anger is coming from right now as well. If I was guaranteed a ticket in the next year or two, then fine. I'm perfectly ok waiting a bit longer. But the fact that I was practically holding the tickets in my hands and now it will never happen is just depressing. I had three computers in front of me to get those. I'm never lucky so I'm fucked the next time around...

And I could really care less about the early release of Tre.

Why do you guys think they decided to cancel all of the club shows, but only postponed the Jan./Feb. shows?

That's what I was wondering too. It seemed a bit odd. I wonder if they'll seek more "club" shows in the future? I guess smaller shows = less revenue lost? Who knows. I'm not an expert on this stuff. But like a few have you have said, it hurts even more to lose tickets to such a once in a lifetime opportunity. I really feel bad for you guys. I can't even imagine what type of mixed emotions you're feeling.

I don't want Billie to be sober. I hope he comes back to the stage making fun of the whole thing. I was already missing the Geek Stink Breath-style that they had back in the day. I don't want him to come back like some weird sober responsible has-been. Have we ever really known a sober Billie? Say all you want about how he could have died but let's get real. The kid took drugs for most of his life and never had a meltdown. So he got drunk in Vegas, big fucking deal. Since he seemed totally fine before, I still get the impression that Warner or ClearChannel or whoever are behind this whole thing. He was an alcoholic back in the Insomniac days and he didn't seem like the type to volunteer for rehab. I don't know. From what we were seeing, he seemed like he was happier than ever. His family and everything seem almost too good to be true. There's such a stark difference between what his problems were back in the day to recently, so I have a hard time believing that he's having a crisis now.

Tre coming out early makes me sad because it WILL be a flop. That means there will be virtually ZERO promo for any of the albums. And think of how long it'll be until they make a new album, for real. At least we'll get it before the apocalypse XD but I may just wait until January to listen to it. I'm not sad about my concert being moved, I just hope I don't have to wait a whole year. I wish we could get a statement from Billie because right now, watching this whole trilogy thing fall apart piece-by-piece is just tragic. They were off to such a good start.

This post reeks of sheer ignorance, and you're an idiot.

I don't even know where the fuck to begin with you.

Billie is 40. He's not 18, 19, 20. TRUST ME when you get old, your body can't handle the shit it used to be able to 20 years ago, especially not if it's substances that are raising hell with you. "Back in the day" he was on speed, his body could handle it, and everybody got a good laugh out of that wired jackass making a fool of himself on stage. "He seemed like he was happier than ever?" Look into his fucking eyes toward the end of the recent Irving Plaza show, man. Those ain't happy eyes, that's Sid Vicious wasted on at least alcohol and God knows what else -- maybe even cocaine or heroin. Whatever he was juiced on when the show started (notice how everyone else in the band was looking like "whew, looks like Billie is OK tonight"?) began to wear off maybe around midway through the show -- and you see him then going sidestage, chugging beer after beer trying to get himself buzzed again. By the end, you've got a half-crazed, half-drunk, half-stoned looking man staggering around on stage, forgetting his lyrics, stumbling through his guitar riffs, climbing speakers and falling into the crowd, doing whirling dervishes and silly dances on stage (what an early childhood development professional would call "sensory-seeking behavior") just doing whatever he could to grind himself through the rest of the set. That is not the Billie Joe Armstrong I came to know and respect during the last two tour cycles. That's not the "controlled explosion" that's made Green Day one of the best live acts around. That's going off the fucking rails, right in front of your eyes, letting your bandmates down in the process, and it's sad. Really, really sad. And just a week later he went ape-shit at iHeart. You could see it coming if you were looking closely. For about the last year and a half Billie's falling off the wagon again has been covered up and excused by everyone around him, and finally it hit the point where nobody could cover for him anymore. "Seeming totally fine before" doesn't mean anything when it was all a facade to begin with, and you know the old saying -- when things seem too good to be true, they probably aren't.

Have we ever known a sober Billie? Yes, between 2003 and 2009 (between after his DUI citation and before AIOB wrapped up in New York). I like him and respect him a lot more that way, and he needs to be sober in order to keep giving his kids something he didn't have for himself growing up: a stable life with an involved father present in it. Your post makes it sound like he somehow owes you something, so let me be perfectly clear: All he owes, he owes to himself, his family, his bandmates and business partners, and maybe a few of his closest friends outside that circle. He doesn't owe you -- or me -- jack shit.

And you're fucking amazing.

Exactly. That's where most of my anger is coming from right now as well. If I was guaranteed a ticket in the next year or two, then fine. I'm perfectly ok waiting a bit longer. But the fact that I was practically holding the tickets in my hands and now it will never happen is just depressing. I had three computers in front of me to get those. I'm never lucky so I'm fucked the next time around...

And I could really care less about the early release of Tre.

Damn. I'm so sorry to hear that. I agree -- it's really difficult to even be happy about getting Tré early due to all of this. It just doesn't seem right to celebrate it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling that way.

I care extremely deeply about Billie, Mike, and Tre, and I know why it was cancelled, and i'm not gonna bitch about it. I will admit though that I am so fucking depressed by this. I mean, it was gonna be my first Green Day concert ever in a small Reno venue that only hold 1,800 people. You don't get chances like that very often. I mean, I have been waiting for this forever. Green Day is the only thing that puts a smile on my face anymore. I know that Billies health is the most important thing right now, and yes I feel horrible for being upset about it, but I just can't help it.

I know that I am 100% behind this band. Billie's health and healing process is the most important thing at this time. I know that him and the band owe me absolutely nothing. I am not going to ignore my feelings though, and I admit that I am dissapointed that the show I was goioing to got flat out cancelled. I am just hoping that they eventually reschedule that show at a later time, although I am not counting on it. I just hope that all of this doesn't have too much of a negative impact on the trilogy. I feel bad for the band, the fans, and the trilogy. They will bounce back, and I know that I will be behind them when that time comes.

Some people don't even know what to post so they are ending up writing shit,

I would know I quoted one (yours)

So what happens to those who bought the tickets to one of the shows in 2013?

Will we get an email from Ticketmaster or where ever saying about how to get these tickets for the new dates?

from ticketmaster website

Canceled or Rescheduled Events

In either case, we'll alert you ASAP.

Canceled Events - If your event was canceled, in most cases you won't need to do a thing: we'll inform you of the cancellation and refund the amount you paid for your tickets, including all fees (except UPS and retail pickup, and fees on certain Major League Baseball purchases) on the same payment method used for purchase. If you bought your tickets at a retail outlet, please return them at the same location.

Rescheduled Events - If your event was rescheduled, we'll contact you with the new date and time ASAP. Can't make it? The decision to issue refunds for rescheduled/postponed events is up to the individual artist, team, venue, or promoter, but we'll do everything we can to help! Just click here to contact us.

tickets.com (sacramento and seattle shows)

Event Cancellations / Postponements

The venue or the event’s promoter determines policies relating to the cancellation of an event. These policies can vary, but generally, such policies provide for a refund of the ticket price. If an event is cancelled, we will attempt to contact you and advise you on the venue or promoter's policy for obtaining a refund to that event.

When we issue a refund to you, we will refund the price that you paid for your ticket. Service fees, processing fees and any other fees, such as delivery fees, are not refundable.

Hopefully they will still come to Australia if them touring AUS was true...

Event Cancellations / Postponements

The venue or the event’s promoter determines policies relating to the cancellation of an event. These policies can vary, but generally, such policies provide for a refund of the ticket price. If an event is cancelled, we will attempt to contact you and advise you on the venue or promoter's policy for obtaining a refund to that event.

When we issue a refund to you, we will refund the price that you paid for your ticket. Service fees, processing fees and any other fees, such as delivery fees, are not refundable.

Well that last part is pretty shitty, because you basically still have to pay the tax/credit card processing fee for the original purchase. :dry: Sleazy Ticketmaster still makes a profit, the band does not (when neither should).

Well that last part is pretty shitty, because you basically still have to pay the tax/credit card processing fee for the original purchase. :dry: Sleazy Ticketmaster still makes a profit, the band does not (when neither should).

that is the tickets.com policy, ticketmaster refunds all fees except ups and retail pickup.

Hopefully they will still come to Australia if them touring AUS was true...

They always come here, it'll just be a bit later at the worst hopefully :)

Although it sucks that shows have been cancelled for many people in the US and obviously many people are disappointed at this, it's all for Billie's sake, and just like everyone else out there, we all want him to get better and for him to do what ever he can do to do so. If that means postponing and cancelling shows, so be it. I'll always be behind Billie and the band 100% and I hope he's better soon so he can bounce back and play an awesome tour :)

Well, I think we all kind of knew this was inevitable. But still... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I suppose it's really a good thing, though, in the long run. Billie will be back to his old self and able to perform at the top of his game if he gets this time to recover and rest so the tour may be even better than ever. The concerts that were cancelled will be rescheduled for sure right? Seattle was the first one. =/ And at the same venues? Maybe I won't be forced to pay $300 for a ticket this time around. That would be nice. I save money and Billie gets all the time he needs to get better. It's a win-win if you look at it that way I guess.

The tour will just happen later but it will happen. We just have to be patient, which is hard I know! But Billie's health is the priority! The guys will only come out stronger and bigger from this!!

I'm not worried about my show in portland being postponed (Actually giving Billies condition I could see how a trip to the Old port could be a bad thing having the most bars in the U.S. and all) The worst thing that could happen is (if it get's canceled) my dad won't get a refund for the tickets. I Wish Billie good luck.

Billie is 40. He's not 18, 19, 20. TRUST ME when you get old, your body can't handle the shit it used to be able to 20 years ago, especially not if it's substances that are raising hell with you. "Back in the day" he was on speed, his body could handle it, and everybody got a good laugh out of that wired jackass making a fool of himself on stage. "He seemed like he was happier than ever?" Look into his fucking eyes toward the end of the recent Irving Plaza show, man. Those ain't happy eyes, that's Sid Vicious wasted on at least alcohol and God knows what else -- maybe even cocaine or heroin. Whatever he was juiced on when the show started (notice how everyone else in the band was looking like "whew, looks like Billie is OK tonight"?) began to wear off maybe around midway through the show -- and you see him then going sidestage, chugging beer after beer trying to get himself buzzed again. By the end, you've got a half-crazed, half-drunk, half-stoned looking man staggering around on stage, forgetting his lyrics, stumbling through his guitar riffs, climbing speakers and falling into the crowd, doing whirling dervishes and silly dances on stage (what an early childhood development professional would call "sensory-seeking behavior") just doing whatever he could to grind himself through the rest of the set. That is not the Billie Joe Armstrong I came to know and respect during the last two tour cycles. That's not the "controlled explosion" that's made Green Day one of the best live acts around. That's going off the fucking rails, right in front of your eyes, letting your bandmates down in the process, and it's sad. Really, really sad. And just a week later he went ape-shit at iHeart. You could see it coming if you were looking closely. For about the last year and a half Billie's falling off the wagon again has been covered up and excused by everyone around him, and finally it hit the point where nobody could cover for him anymore. "Seeming totally fine before" doesn't mean anything when it was all a facade to begin with, and you know the old saying -- when things seem too good to be true, they probably aren't.

Have we ever known a sober Billie? Yes, between 2003 and 2009 (between after his DUI citation and before AIOB wrapped up in New York). I like him and respect him a lot more that way, and he needs to be sober in order to keep giving his kids something he didn't have for himself growing up: a stable life with an involved father present in it. Your post makes it sound like he instead somehow owes you something, like he's here only for your amusement. "Entertain me, motherfucker, and I don't care what it costs you, even if it costs you your goddamn life." -- is that what you're saying?? Let me be perfectly clear: All that he owes, he owes to himself, his family, his bandmates and business partners, and maybe a few of his closest friends outside that circle. He doesn't owe you -- or me -- jack shit.

I haven't actually watched all of the Irving Plaza videos, because the bits I have seen, you could tell something was 'different', in fact since the cancelled show in Italy, where they were being very vague about Billie's illness (even Mike and Tre), I was getting a bad feeling. Whilst it is a shame that the tour dates have been cancelled/postponed, but I think most of us saw that coming. Everyone wants Billie to get better in time for this/that or the next thing, but that's not likely to happen to a timed-schedule. It takes as long as it takes (and will he ever be fully recovered ?). I remember watching the documentary on Take That last Christmas, when Progress was released, and at least one of them, or possibly even two of them categorically stated that "If they ever touched alcohol again, they would be dead". Which does make you wonder how this is going to end up. It also brings to mind the interview parts on Bullet in A Bible, where Billie talks about 'the struggle to not party' whilst on tour, and 'using touring as an escape from day to day problems'.

And you mentioned similarities to Sid Vicious, which is kinda strange, I had thought some of the pics of Billie in Uno! (deluxe edition book), reminded me of Sid Vicious, which freaked me out a bit.

Have we ever known a sober Billie? Yes, between 2003 and 2009 (between after his DUI citation and before AIOB wrapped up in New York). I like him and respect him a lot more that way, and he needs to be sober in order to keep giving his kids something he didn't have for himself growing up: a stable life with an involved father present in it. Your post makes it sound like he instead somehow owes you something, like he's here only for your amusement. "Entertain me, motherfucker, and I don't care what it costs you, even if it costs you your goddamn life." -- is that what you're saying?? Let me be perfectly clear: All that he owes, he owes to himself, his family, his bandmates and business partners, and maybe a few of his closest friends outside that circle. He doesn't owe you -- or me -- jack shit.

I kind of think you're pretty wrong about this. I watched all of the Irving Plaza footage and I definitely noticed that he wasn't really himself, but you take it way too far. He wasn't making a fool of himself and I don't remember him forgetting many lyrics. He only drank a little bit of beer which, given the situation was probably a stupid thing to do, but he wasn't acting "half-crazed" or "half-stoned". That's overly critical. And yes. Billie isn't as young as he used to be, but he looks pretty damn good for 40 and that shows he has taken care of himself well over the years. If he hadn't it would show way more. This is a tragic thing to happen to him at this time, but we can't go and treat it like the end of the world and like we haven't seen him sober in forever. I've watched a lot of concert footage from the 21CB tour and he sure seemed like the same old Billie we all know and love. There as nothing wrong with his performances then. If he was having problems since then, he's done a fantastic job of hiding it, because it hasn't showed until now.

All that matters now is that he is working to fix this problem and getting the help he needs.

I kind of think you're pretty wrong about this. I watched all of the Irving Plaza footage and I definitely noticed that he wasn't really himself, but you take it way too far. He wasn't making a fool of himself and I don't remember him forgetting many lyrics. He only drank a little bit of beer which, given the situation was probably a stupid thing to do, but he wasn't acting "half-crazed" or "half-stoned". That's overly critical. And yes. Billie isn't as young as he used to be, but he looks pretty damn good for 40 and that shows he has taken care of himself well over the years. If he hadn't it would show way more. This is a tragic thing to happen to him at this time, but we can't go and treat it like the end of the world and like we haven't seen him sober in forever. I've watched a lot of concert footage from the 21CB tour and he sure seemed like the same old Billie we all know and love. There as nothing wrong with his performances then. If he was having problems since then, he's done a fantastic job of hiding it, because it hasn't showed until now.

All that matters now is that he is working to fix this problem and getting the help he needs.

he was staggering and puking onstage during irving plaza... you can bet that the "little bit of beer" he drank onstage wasnt his only juice for the night. And saying that age has nothing to do with it because he looks 40 is kind of dumb. its like saying the twilight guy isnt a pedophile ( :lol: ). yes he seemed fine during the 21st century breakdown tour because he probably was, this thing has been progressing and its been painful to watch. Look back on the footage of Green day playing oh love on that Japanese tv show. It's more subtle but billies definitely out of it. I swear when they walk out he leans over a smells one of the girls... i swear! anyway this comment probably wasnt necessary but i really stand behind bastard of 1967' comment.

I don't know why and it's probably not related with the current situation, but some performances from Irving Plaza make me think of Jesus of Suburbia in Rio de Janeiro and the rant in Peru. I may be completely wrong, but there's a feeling or vibe that's similar between both.

I hope Billie will get better. I'm still really sad though! I thought they would reschedule AZ, but their not idk when they will come here :cry: . I'm glad Tre' is coming out early though!

I don't know why and it's probably not related with the current situation, but some performances from Irving Plaza make me think of Jesus of Suburbia in Argentina and the rant in Peru. I may be completely wrong, but there's a feeling or vibe that's similar between both.

What happened in Argentina?

Archived