Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

jtdscape

GREEN DAY CANCEL REMAINING 2012 APPEARANCES

DATES SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY AND FEBRUARY 2013 TO BE POSTPONED

GREEN DAY ¡TRÉ! RELEASE DATE MOVED UP TO DECEMBER 11, 2012

Los Angeles, CA – October 29, 2012 – Green Day announced today they will cancel their club tour that was due to launch in Seattle at the Paramount Theatre on September 26th and wind down in Tempe, AZ at the Marquee Theatre on December 10th. Tickets for these clubs shows will be refunded at point of purchase. Additionally, Green Day will postpone all scheduled appearances for the months of January and February 2013. New dates for these rescheduled shows will be announced shortly and previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new dates.

“Obviously the timing for this isn’t ideal, but Billie Joe’s well-being is our main concern,” said Mike Dirnt. “We are happy to say that Billie Joe is doing well, and we want to thank you all for the outpouring of support and well wishes that we have received, and we can’t wait to see you all again soon.

Green Day also announced they would move up the release date of Green Day ¡Tré! to December 11, 2012 from its original date of January 15, 2013.

“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned,” said Tré Cool. “If we couldn’t be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing.”

COMPLETE LIST OF CANCELED 2012 TOUR DATES

SEPTEMBER

28th San Francisco, CA The Fillmore

OCTOBER

27th New Orleans, LA Voodoo Music Experience

NOVEMBER

26th Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre

27th Kennewick, WA Toyota Center

29th Salem, OR Salem Armory Auditorium

DECEMBER

1st Sacramento, CA Memorial Auditorium

2nd Reno, NV Grand Sierra Resort - Grand Theatre

4th Santa Cruz, CA Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium

10th Tempe, AZ Marquee Theatre

LIST OF POSTPONED 2013 TOUR DATES

JANUARY

7th Green Bay, WI Resch Center

8th Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena

10th Wilkes-Barre, PA Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza

11th University Park, PA Bryce Jordan Center

13th Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena

14th Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center

16th Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center

18th Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena

19th Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

21st Fairfax, VA Patriot Center

22nd Philadelphia, PA The Liacouras Center

24th Providence, RI Dunkin’ Donuts Center

25th Portland, ME Cumberland Co. Civic Center

27th Quebec City, CQ Quebec Colisee Pepsi

29th Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

30th Cleveland, OH Wolstein Ctr. / Cleveland St. Univ.

FEBRUARY

1st Moline, IL I Wireless Center

2nd Madison, WI Alliant Energy Center Mem. Coliseum

4th Omaha, NE CenturyLink Center Omaha

6th Broomfield, CO 1st Bank Center

8th Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised....but damn...I feel bad for the guys and everyone that was involved with marketing this album...this definitely had to throw everything for a loop.

i'm sorry, but i need to get this out- NOO!!

on that note however, i hope billie is doing well, he deserves as much time as needed to recover. i'm happy to know that it was the band's idea to move tre up though, not being a warner marketing plan. when they're ready to be back, they will be, and better than ever.

shit got too serious :/ on the one hand its cool that we will get TRÉ 1 month earlier..but on the other hand the whole thing just sucks in a way..

Wow, pretty cool that they released a statement about it. It sucks, but again, Billie's health comes above all.

The main thing is that BJ gets better, which it sounds like he's doing which is a relief. It's good to know the Tre thing is on the bands terms though, and not Warner abandoning them :) Obviously it's disappointing for those with tickets, but overall I'd say this is pretty positive.

A tad dissapointed. However, later dates mean no blizzards or sub-zero temps! Also glad to hear Billie is doing well.

I hope everything is alright and Billie gets better soon.

Well let's celebrate that we're getting Tre early. :D

This is very sad news, my thoughts are with all the band at this time, especially Billie Joe.

I feel sorry for all the US fans who won't get to see them this winter. Here's to hoping they reschedule the dates soon!

This is what I thought might happen, and have thought since September. There was no way he could go from two months treatment to being out on tour - it'd have undone everything he did in getting better. This is good news, and i'm happy that it was the guys' idea to bring the album release forward.

moving Tre earlier...to the date of all my assignment hand ins....not sure if I'm overjoyed or angry.

First time ever I'm glad to not live in the US. I'm sorry for y'all.

Sure I'm disappointed but not really surprised after all that's happened (or not happened) in the last couple of months.

Whenever they decide to reschedule my show, I'll be there. :)

I'm happy that the album is coming out a bit earlier than planned but I'm really sad in a way, y'know? I mean I am reallly really happy that they have moved Tre's release date, but sad for the US fans which have to miss out on their shows.

In my opinion this announcement was just a matter of time after what Rob Cavallo said recently, about not being sure if we would see Billie again before or after christmas, aswell as Mike stating that it was about his friends sheer life.

The main concern is Billie getting well, not necessarily soon but with all the time he needs. I am sure they will make up for all the cancelled dates, they're Green Day, after all! They just need their time.

Oh, I guess this definitely sucks for all the American fans who already planned eveything for the US tour :(

We could expect something like this though...happy to hear Mike saying that Billie is doing well :happy:

Also, excuse my lack of excitement for Trè right now, but this means I have to find more money in time for December instead of January, just after Dos :ermm:

I don't know what to say.This trilogy is not going as planned.But glad to know billie is doing well.They will come back stronger for the follow up to the trilogy.I AM FUCKING SURE

ya, focusing on the sales, TRÉ will probably sell more units in Dec (pre-christmas, twilight) than in early january

but im sure billie (mike and tré) dont want us fans to be sad about this whole thing, so we should go on and be thankful to get these 37 new songs :D

Sucks about cancelled dates :/ But its a nice idea to bring Tre forward to make up for it, and its nice to hear that Billie's doing well and that he's getting better!

fuck...I didn't think they would postpone even next year's concerts

It's cool they're releasing ¡Tre! early to make it up to us. They're so thoughtful.

Archived