Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Press Release: December tour canceled; Jan & Feb dates postponed

370 posts in this topic

Posted

Not surprised....but damn...I feel bad for the guys and everyone that was involved with marketing this album...this definitely had to throw everything for a loop.

3 people like this

Posted

Confirmation of what I'd already guessed. Sucks for people in the US.

Us Europeans will be pretty relieved :P

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i'm sorry, but i need to get this out- NOO!!

on that note however, i hope billie is doing well, he deserves as much time as needed to recover. i'm happy to know that it was the band's idea to move tre up though, not being a warner marketing plan. when they're ready to be back, they will be, and better than ever.

Edited by tresrocknrollgf

Posted

shit got too serious :/ on the one hand its cool that we will get TRÉ 1 month earlier..but on the other hand the whole thing just sucks in a way..

2 people like this

Posted

Wow, pretty cool that they released a statement about it. It sucks, but again, Billie's health comes above all.

1 person likes this

Posted

The main thing is that BJ gets better, which it sounds like he's doing which is a relief. It's good to know the Tre thing is on the bands terms though, and not Warner abandoning them :) Obviously it's disappointing for those with tickets, but overall I'd say this is pretty positive.

2 people like this

Posted

Well fuck.

2 people like this

Posted

I hope everything is alright and Billie gets better soon.

Well let's celebrate that we're getting Tre early. :D

Posted

This is very sad news, my thoughts are with all the band at this time, especially Billie Joe.

I feel sorry for all the US fans who won't get to see them this winter. Here's to hoping they reschedule the dates soon!

1 person likes this

Posted

moving Tre earlier...to the date of all my assignment hand ins....not sure if I'm overjoyed or angry.

Posted

First time ever I'm glad to not live in the US. I'm sorry for y'all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sure I'm disappointed but not really surprised after all that's happened (or not happened) in the last couple of months.

Whenever they decide to reschedule my show, I'll be there. :)

3 people like this

Posted

I'm happy that the album is coming out a bit earlier than planned but I'm really sad in a way, y'know? I mean I am reallly really happy that they have moved Tre's release date, but sad for the US fans which have to miss out on their shows.

1 person likes this

Posted

No real surprises here, but wow.

Posted

In my opinion this announcement was just a matter of time after what Rob Cavallo said recently, about not being sure if we would see Billie again before or after christmas, aswell as Mike stating that it was about his friends sheer life.

The main concern is Billie getting well, not necessarily soon but with all the time he needs. I am sure they will make up for all the cancelled dates, they're Green Day, after all! They just need their time.

Posted

Oh, I guess this definitely sucks for all the American fans who already planned eveything for the US tour :(

We could expect something like this though...happy to hear Mike saying that Billie is doing well :happy:

Also, excuse my lack of excitement for Trè right now, but this means I have to find more money in time for December instead of January, just after Dos :ermm:

1 person likes this

Posted

Not surprised, but Billies health comes first.

Posted

I don't know what to say.This trilogy is not going as planned.But glad to know billie is doing well.They will come back stronger for the follow up to the trilogy.I AM FUCKING SURE

Posted

ya, focusing on the sales, TRÉ will probably sell more units in Dec (pre-christmas, twilight) than in early january

but im sure billie (mike and tré) dont want us fans to be sad about this whole thing, so we should go on and be thankful to get these 37 new songs :D

Posted

Sucks about cancelled dates :/ But its a nice idea to bring Tre forward to make up for it, and its nice to hear that Billie's doing well and that he's getting better!

Posted

fuck...I didn't think they would postpone even next year's concerts

1 person likes this

Posted

It's cool they're releasing ¡Tre! early to make it up to us. They're so thoughtful.