Metallica Covers Green Day

Travis

http://youtu.be/BBeCgiPPxzw

It wasn't long, but they played a little bit of American Idiot tonight. They also spoke about playing for them and how the world needs for them to get better. He even said Metallica needs for them to get better. Pretty awesome!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the shittiest cover yet. I mean they played it well, but all half-assed.

Still, they're not exactly very similar to Green Day - so it's cool they did anything.

"we are green day , but taller" :lol:

And I remember a while back at one of the secret shows billie said " we are metallica , I mean we are green day" :lol: coincidence

That was the shittiest cover yet. I mean they played it well, but all half-assed.

Clearly you haven't been forced to sit through a video of Avril Lavigne doing AI.

Ahhh nooo no metallica burn to hell escp lars and james...

Kirk cool he can live but burn james and lars

Ahhh nooo no metallica burn to hell escp lars and james...

Kirk cool he can live but burn james and lars

Are you drunk?

James is the fucking man. Lars isn't even that bad anymore.

this was actually pretty funny.

Like, Metallica are friends with Green Day but apparently they aren't very much into Green Day music.

Clearly you haven't been forced to sit through a video of Avril Lavigne doing AI.

Well, at least she gave singing a shot.

ha! Very cool. This definitely goes under the file of "Things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime". The audience seems so thoroughly confused :lol:

If anyone finds a video of them speaking about Green Day too, could you post it, please?

During one of Kirks solos he played Basket Case as well. They dedicated another song to Billie. Ill have to search back through my videos to find out which one. I think it wasn't meant to sound perfect. He did say that's all he learned of it lol

ha! Very cool. This definitely goes under the file of "Things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime". The audience seems so thoroughly confused :lol:

If anyone finds a video of them speaking about Green Day too, could you post it, please?

The crowd were confused :lol: I mean when green day perform AI live we know billie means for us to sing the 1st verse ..... This crowd is like " ok ... Wtf ... Do we have to sing it or something " ? :)

Are you drunk?

James is the fucking man. Lars isn't even that bad anymore.

Fucks James and Lars sorry they're egotisical who lack reapect

My thing with em are (im a huge Nirvana fanatic) at a show a few months after Kurts death and were being real disreapectful i just dont like that shit dont like the person just shut the fuck up bout it

I wouldn't expect Metallica to learn any more of a Green Day song than Green Day would learn of a Metallica song. Billie plays, what, the first 20 seconds of Master of Puppets?

Fucks James and Lars sorry they're egotisical who lack reapect

My thing with em are (im a huge Nirvana fanatic) at a show a few months after Kurts death and were being real disreapectful i just dont like that shit dont like the person just shut the fuck up bout it

Yeah, so back in fucking 1994 they were dicks, big deal. Doesn't mean they are anymore.

They dedicated one of the encore songs. "This is for Billie" or something like that. Don't ask me what song it was, I don't know.

Seriously the fact that Green Day got so much support by other artists is so fucking amazing.

(I think the cover of basket case was brilliant and beautiful) and it's very nice from Metallica to take the time to learn a part of American Idiot just for a little shoutout!! It means a lot I think!

Yeah, so back in fucking 1994 they were dicks, big deal. Doesn't mean they are anymore.

My thing is dont disrespect the dead no matter what the cause

Plus the napster shit bootleggin wasnt an issue in the early days but now yall milloniares now its an issue?

Archived