Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
The results of the Bobo Awards are now available here! Didn't get to vote? Go support our boys by voting for them here. I know we can beat Paramore this time.

Photo

Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,333 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,522 rep

Got a windows 8 laptop recently. I have had no problems wit it at all. I like the App set up on the Start screen, it's quite similar to the Xbox screen. Anyway I do like it and don't understand the objections to it. People just seem to dislike change.

Okay I have not tried the system, so explain something to me. If I'm on my computer and have google chrome open with a few tabs, Steam, Frostwire, and the Start button on the taskbar, and all I have to do to switch between them on 7 is click the icon on the taskbar, and all I have to do to see the desktop is click the icon on the taskbar of the program I'm currently using, how could no longer having that taskbar possibly be anything but an annoyance? 

Nothing can be simpler, faster, or easier than a single click. A single click is literally the most convenient possible way to do anything on a computer. Who in their right mind would change this? 

Also, I have an xbox. I'd love to have a taskbar on the screen. 

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée/Savior of Lives/Arse Doctor

• 15,973 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,004 rep
It's shit.

Guest_As Good As It Gets_*

Guest_As Good As It Gets_*
  • Joined --
  • 0 rep

I concur, it does look wank

I can't wait for the day everyone gets sick of computers

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,895 rep

Okay I have not tried the system, so explain something to me. If I'm on my computer and have google chrome open with a few tabs, Steam, Frostwire, and the Start button on the taskbar, and all I have to do to switch between them on 7 is click the icon on the taskbar, and all I have to do to see the desktop is click the icon on the taskbar of the program I'm currently using, how could no longer having that taskbar possibly be anything but an annoyance? 

Nothing can be simpler, faster, or easier than a single click. A single click is literally the most convenient possible way to do anything on a computer. Who in their right mind would change this? 

But W8 does have a taskbar?

Spoiler

Yes, there is no start button, but anything that was accessible from the start button can be moved to the task bar quite easily. And the search function is pretty fast. That's a thing I like better on W8 than the XP.

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,333 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,522 rep

But W8 does have a taskbar?

Yes, there is no start button, but anything that was accessible from the start button can be moved to the task bar quite easily. And the search function is pretty fast. That's a thing I like better on W8 than the XP.

The review video I watched showed the browser covering the entire screen, again, I haven't tried it so IDK. 

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • kitten mittons

• 21,370 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,396 rep

The review video I watched showed the browser covering the entire screen, again, I haven't tried it so IDK. 

If you download the browser from the windows store as an "app" or whatever then it takes up the whole screen and is annoying as fuck, but you can just get the normal Firefox or chrome or whatever browser and it looks exactly the same as it does on windows 7 with the taskbar at the bottom and everything.

Alan86

Alan86
  • It's Ok, Im a Limo Driver

• 4,894 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,975 rep

Windows 8 does have a taskbar so that is completely false info that you have got.
As far as the Xbox not having a taskbar. It's just an Xbox and not my primary source to access the Internet. The Xbox isn't designed for browsing with many tabs but its a game console so I don't really expect it to be set up for browsing through many tabs.

Mike of Suburbia

Mike of Suburbia
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Joined Feb 03, 2012
  • 69 rep

The lack of a start button messed with my head for the first couple weeks but besides that it's not bad, task manager is more detailed, and the only software incompatibilities i've had was the driver for my 4 year old wireless card which I kind of expected to be honest. 

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• 4,788 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,602 rep

So, resuming Windows 8 is good?

Yes or No

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,066 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,895 rep

Okay, I was just making sure if I had the correct definition of a taskbar or not. :P

So, resuming Windows 8 is good?

Yes or No

It's not totally shit, but if you have XP or W7 I recommend staying with that as long as possible. There's just too many bugs and compatibility issues right now.

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• 4,788 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,602 rep

Okay, I was just making sure if I had the correct definition of a taskbar or not. :P

It's not totally shit, but if you have XP or W7 I recommend staying with that as long as possible. There's just too many bugs and compatibility issues right now.

Ok Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users