Green Day Nominated for People's Choice Award - on CBS tonight at 9pm

No Rhyme Or Reason

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted for everything that Green Day could possibly get multiple times. Including Idiots for fan following and Billie Joe Armstrong for best male singer, Kill The DJ for best music video, Oh Love for best song, and of course ¡Uno! for best album.

I voted for favourite band and wrote in album Uno, song Stray Heart, video Kill The DJ & country artist Tré Cool.

I know this doesn't have to do with GD but for favorite Crime Dramam I wrote in 21 Jumpstreet and I meant the show from the 80s :lol:

You guys know that you can vote more than 5 times on this right? At least I have been voting for over an hour and it hasn't said you have reached your limit or anything. I hope I haven't been waisting my time if only 5 votes are counted. :)

I know this doesn't have to do with GD but for favorite Crime Dramam I wrote in 21 Jumpstreet and I meant the show from the 80s :lol:

I LOVE 21 Jumpstreet :)

Oh and of course I voted :)

Guys, Green Day haven't actuallly been nominated for anything: These are the ballots *for* the nominees.

So, yes, vote for Green Day in the Favorite Band category, but also make sure to write them in to as many other categories as possible, so they (and we, in the case of the Fan Following category) get nominated for a bunch of shit :toocool:

Guys, Green Day haven't actuallly been nominated for anything: These are the ballots *for* the nominees.

So, yes, vote for Green Day in the Favorite Band category, but also make sure to write them in to as many other categories as possible, so they (and we, in the case of the Fan Following category) get nominated for a bunch of shit :toocool:

Thanks for the clarification - I guess I completely overlooked that part.

Yep, we need to get Green Day nominated for all the categories, and then ever better, get them to win those categories!

Would it be good to organize what song and video we all write in? So there's a better chance of one actually being nominated?

Maybe Oh Love for favorite song and Kill The DJ for favorite video. (Oh Love did well on the rock charts; songs like Stray Heart and The Forgotten are too late for this year's nominations.)

Yep, we need to get Green Day nominated for all the categories, and then ever better, get them to win those categories!

Would it be good to organize what song and video we all write in? So there's a better chance of one actually being nominated?

Maybe Oh Love for favorite song and Kill The DJ for favorite video. (Oh Love did well on the rock charts; songs like Stray Heart and The Forgotten are too late for this year's nominations.)

I agree. Since Kill the DJ is UK only, "Oh Love" and "Let Yourself Go" seem like the only feasible options for song choice, and I feel like, if we manage the write-in, Oh Love has a better chance of getting outside votes than LYG. But then, LYG has been used in a lot of promo spots...

Thank you. It's misleading to say they've been nominated for a People's Choice Award... they are being CONSIDERED for a nomination. The GDA post isn't really right in that regard, they haven't been nominated and they might not be. This is like Newt Gingrich primary stuff.

Yeah, I think it would make sense to centralize all of our votes for one thing, that way we're not splitting them up.

I've voted - I hope they win something but I won't be shocked if they don't.

Bands like Mumford & Sons come and go, and will likely win the award this year. Green Day always win by outlasting these bands for more than 20 years and still kicking ass! :)

ps. Chris Brown fan following? really? people admit to that?

what are they sponsored by Stella Artois or something?

• 3 weeks later...

Now they are officially nominated for Favorite Band - vote now!

http://www.peoplesch...pca/votenow.jsp

This deserves more emphasis than just a new post in an old thread about them maybe being nominated. I think the title should BE ***NOW OFFICIALLY NOMINATED GO VOTE DUMBASSES*** but that's just me.

This deserves more emphasis than just a new post in an old thread about them maybe being nominated. I think the title should BE ***NOW OFFICIALLY NOMINATED GO VOTE DUMBASSES*** but that's just me.

Haha, maybe I'll change it then :)

Since they didn't win anything at the EMA's, they definitely deservers to win this! Lets vote like we do when it's MTV March Madness

GDA needs to post about this on both twitter and facebook!

Since they didn't win anything at the EMA's, they definitely deservers to win this! Lets vote like we do when it's MTV March Madness

GDA needs to post about this on both twitter and facebook!

I was just thinking that! We get really into March Madness, but this seems way more important than that (Heck, I bet they still never picked up their trophy :P ). VOTE EVERYONE!!!

Archived