Favourite Green Day Moment (That You've Seen Live)

Hawx

During EJN, Billie pulled this llittle kid up onstage:

Billie: [jokingly] What do you for a living?

Kid: Uhhh.....PENNSYLVANIA!!

Billie: You do Pennsylvania for a living? :lol:

Holy shit I was there! Jiffy Lube Live, 8/11/10 right?

I also remember that kid saying something like, "Can I have a guitar pick?" and BJ said "Fine, yes, always wanting shit." haha

Then when the kid left he was like, "Get the fuck out of here, you little shit!" It was hilarious.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the 6 concerts I have been to the bit I remember about all of them with the most clarity is just when the band runs on to the stage. That my favourite moment because that's when you realise its actually them there infront of you in the flesh, this is what you have been waiting for and its all just about to kick off :D

My favourite of those shows would be "Shepherds Bush" cause it was a Tré solo effort :)

When I saw them in 2009 in Pittsburgh, they were playing "She" and Billie stopped in the middle of the song and is like "Hey! Stop!" Secruity goes over and he's like, "No, it's ok. I've got this!" He said, "Stop fighting! Punching little girls is not a sport! Now, where was I?" It was funny.

Glasgow 2009 when they played Going To Pasalacqua which I would never have expected, and even a few rows from the front it seemed just me and my brother actually knew the words. Or as before mentioned, the Holiday pyrotechnics which I knew about beforehand but forgot all about in the "heat of the moment" during the actual show and got the same surprise all over again when they actually did them.

During EJN, Billie pulled this llittle kid up onstage:

Billie: [jokingly] What do you for a living?

Kid: Uhhh.....PENNSYLVANIA!!

Billie: You do Pennsylvania for a living? :lol:

I think he said Philadelphia. And then Billie goes "nothing haha...it's a movie...never mind :ninja: " :lol:

I think he said Philadelphia. And then Billie goes "nothing haha...it's a movie...never mind :ninja: " :lol:

Yup, that was it. My memory sucks. :lol:

At the concert i attended. during "East Jesus Nowhere" Billie pointed toward the crowd and asked for someone to be "saved", he chose this little girl that looked about 4. she was near the front, witch i thought was fair enough, he asked where she was from and put the mic to her, she replayed in the strongest American accent "Im from the USA!" most of the crowd boo'ed, because it being a world cup year. and having just lost to the US i think? not sure. Don't follow football. all you could here was Tre going: "throw her back in Billie!" Billie laughed and asked what state, she replied with "Chicago!" the crowd went ballistic. and i saw Mike screaming towards the air. Billie was in tears. Tre looked pissed. the guys next to me were laughing like no tomorrow. i couldn't stop laughing

shit was amazing

:D :D :D :D :D

where was that show? are there youtube videos?

Rock En Seine festival 2012.

Green Day was playing King For A Day and then they started a medley of a few songs, one of them was Hey Jude by The Beatles. Billie Joe started singing it, then he started the "Na na na" part and whole crowd just started singing it. Billie Joe was laughing because he tried to sing "Judey, Judey..." like Paul McCartney xD, and when we were singing I thought "Wow! that's really beautiful, the whole crowd singing Hey Jude in peace". I was really amazed, it was really moving.

My favorite moment is when they come out and start plying, it gets me every time.

Other than that, at the 2010 show in Munich I was standing right next to the catwalk, and in King for a Day, when Tré was about to do his crazy screaming part and he came back to Billie from running over the catwalk in his weird Tré style, Billie wasn't done yet, and Tré hat that "just gimme the goddamn mic" look on his face so he bent over and pulled down his pants a little, as if to show Billie his dick. That moment of wtf on Billies face was hilarious.

Well, my favorite Green Day moment was when they played in Chile in 2010. It was during "Shout" intro, when all the members of the band sing the first part of that song. At the moment when Tré started his show, he screamed his usual "Yeah yeah yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah" and at the end he said:

Tré: ¡Te gusta mi poto! (In Chilean Spanish means: You like my ass!)

Then, a boy from the audience said: ¡Me encanta conchetumare! (That means: I love it mother f*cker!")

That was so hilarious, I laughed so hard!!

This happened EXACTLY 2 YEARS AGO!! I'm sure Chilean fans here will remember that moment.

Green Day Live@Chicago 1994 :eyebrows:

You worryYou worryYou worryYou worryYou worryYou worryYou worryYou worryYou worryYou worry? :lol:

A friend of mine who was okay about Green Day but not a die hard got on stage during 2000 Light Years Away... he didn't know the words to the song but he was rocking out with Green Day... the video of that performance is still on You Tube... by the end of the show he walked away with a t-shirt...Awesome times man!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-YwQqadB4

Every moment of the Foxboro Hot Tubs show in 2009. But my favourite bit of it has to be when the Rev sang while looking into my eyes for a few moments as I sang back, and then noticing the can of beer in his hand I stopped singing and opened my mouth and he poured the whole thing in my mouth/over my head with a smirk. Totally surreal, magical and funny moment that I'll never forget.

Tre opening Shepherd's Bush for me

he jokingly said Billie could'nt play as he had tonsillitis and for a split second i genuinely believed him!!

This is up there too!

I would have to say that my favorite moment would have to be when Billie wore my fugly ass beat to shit long jean jacket in 1997 during the Nimrod tour. It was a small venue and I was forced to be on the floor because I wasn't 21 at the time, and so the seating was only for 21 and over. Anywho, it was during a pre-Dookie song (I don't remember which one), and Billie said something along the lines of "Shit, it's cold in here. Someone hand me jacket". So peopel started throwing shirts, pants (yes pants haha), sweaters, scarves, etc. He just kept piling everything that he could fit on. Then I see my ripped up long jean jacket go flying up there. I was hysterically laughing at that point because Billie resembled a fat pidgeon. After he put my jacket on, he replied "nice jacket, I think I'll keep it." I still have that fugly jacket hanging up in the closet to this day haha. A close second would have to be again juring the nimrod tour, but at a different venue. My dad, a couple of friends, and I went to a radio festival where they played. During King For A Day, the whole stripping down to a leather thong thing happened. I was standing right next to my dad when Billie did that. Oh God, I though I was going to die of embarrassment. My only reaction was to point and laugh, as I had no idea what the fuck to do. When we got home after the show, my dad told my mom about it. Both of them still give me shit about it to this day.

I would have to say that my favorite moment would have to be when Billie wore my fugly ass beat to shit long jean jacket in 1997 during the Nimrod tour. It was a small venue and I was forced to be on the floor because I wasn't 21 at the time, and so the seating was only for 21 and over. Anywho, it was during a pre-Dookie song (I don't remember which one), and Billie said something along the lines of "Shit, it's cold in here. Someone hand me jacket". So peopel started throwing shirts, pants (yes pants haha), sweaters, scarves, etc. He just kept piling everything that he could fit on. Then I see my ripped up long jean jacket go flying up there. I was hysterically laughing at that point because Billie resembled a fat pidgeon. After he put my jacket on, he replied "nice jacket, I think I'll keep it." I still have that fugly jacket hanging up in the closet to this day haha. A close second would have to be again juring the nimrod tour, but at a different venue. My dad, a couple of friends, and I went to a radio festival where they played. During King For A Day, the whole stripping down to a leather thong thing happened. I was standing right next to my dad when Billie did that. Oh God, I though I was going to die of embarrassment. My only reaction was to point and laugh, as I had no idea what the fuck to do. When we got home after the show, my dad told my mom about it. Both of them still give me shit about it to this day.

Oh my god. I really hope they stop playing king for a day. I would die

I've only seen them live once so :L during EJN he pulled this old guy up called William and Billie said "Your new name is now Billie, because William is close to Billie" or something along those lines :lol:

When he was introducing the band during Minority and he got to Jason White and said "Jason's been with us since 2000!" No wait 1999, his first show in Glasgow was in 2000. So it's a 9 year anniversery for Mr Jason White. I'm not good with numbers..." only reason i know this word for word it because its on the audio i've got :ermm:

One of my favourite moments of all three Green Day shows I've been to (and all the ones I'll ever go to) is the moment in the last chorus of BOBD when Billie always sings "the only thing that's beating" with the "beating" different/lower than usual. He's been doing that as long as they've been playing it live so my sister and I think he probably wishes he'd done it like that on the album and find that amusing. So at every show when he does it we turn to each other and laugh :lol:

At the Fillmore show in 1997, the one that's all over YouTube....when the kid goes up to play guitar on Knowledge and then he asks to play Disappearing Boy and then nails that one too.

I've only been to one Green Day concert so far, but it was a show in Pittsburgh.

Someone was holding up a sign that said "Let's Go Pens!" (Pittsburgh Penguins is the city's hockey team) and Billie says "Let's Go Penis?!" trying to read the sign.

Then when he brings a small boy up to 'be saved' he asks the boy if he wants to say anything. The boy says "Let's Go Pens" and Billie says "Get the fuck off my stage!" while laughing.

Later in the show, a girl was apparently being hit near a mosh pit and Billie stops the show in the middle of a song and yells at the people around her that are doing it. He tells them "punching little girls is not a sport".

Guess that's more than one moment, but it was all one night. Haha.

• 2 months later...

my fovourite moment is from the first green day concert I went on, in Berlin August 30th 2012. When they played BOBD and the audience were singing the song and Billie just played his guitar, it was such a macigal moment and I need to cry every time I see it.. :)

Here is a video from this beautiful moment : http://m.youtube.com/watch?hl=de_DE&client=mv-google&gl=DE&v=qoBQ3FsPKog

Archived