Favourite Green Day Moment (That You've Seen Live)

Hawx

Seeing Letterbomb for the first time was a pretty surreal moment, since it's always been my favorite GD song since AI came out. BJA gave a crazy speech, and me and my best friend just realized life was amazing in that moment. Never will forget that moment.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four memories from different eras stand out:

1. Billie getting naked during the encore in Worcester during the Insomniac tour. I was 15 or so and with my dad. Hilarious. He had always been a Who fan and liked Green Day alot due to the similarities. He basically said "great bands push the envelope- I always thought the Who were nuts, but now I've seen it all".

2. At a club gig during the Nimrod tour I was in the front row and Mike sprayed a beer on me and gave me a high five. I was 17 and that was pretty cool.

3. I saw them again in Worcester the night after the Red Sox finally won the World Series. Green Day's encore song was "We Are the Champions" which Billie performed in a Red Sox jersey. It was my two favorite things coming together in a very touching moment. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only fan shedding a few tears.

4. My wife and I got married in May 2009 and our wedding song was Last Night on Earth. A month and a half later we were staying in the same hotel as the band in Albany prior to their show (Crowne Plaza Albany). We ended up being very lucky and meeting the band. Naturally, we requested Last Night on Earth as it was our wedding song. They had only played it once on tour to that point and Jason and Tre were flattered but managed our expectations by letting us know they never played it. However, Billie said, "sure, I'll play it for you guys, that's awesome"!. The encore that night was Last Night on Earth. It was a beautiful memory that will stay with me forever.

this doesnt count cause it wont be me until they come around my area again... but the first time billie plays after his recent stint out of the performing world will be someones favorite green day moment live

4. My wife and I got married in May 2009 and our wedding song was Last Night on Earth. A month and a half later we were staying in the same hotel as the band in Albany prior to their show (Crowne Plaza Albany). We ended up being very lucky and meeting the band. Naturally, we requested Last Night on Earth as it was our wedding song. They had only played it once on tour to that point and Jason and Tre were flattered but managed our expectations by letting us know they never played it. However, Billie said, "sure, I'll play it for you guys, that's awesome"!. The encore that night was Last Night on Earth. It was a beautiful memory that will stay with me forever.

Absolutely incredible. That must have been an amazing feeling :)

Absolutely incredible. That must have been an amazing feeling :)

It was- now the challenge is meeting them again so I can thank them properly!

I remember back at the Houston concert I attended back in 2005, Jimmy Eat World had already finished performing their show. While we were all waiting for Green Day to hit the stage, someone dressed as a bunny (most likely Billie :P ) ran on stage and was throwing stuff out in the crowd. I couldn't make out what the bunny was throwing, but it was funny to me. It kept us all entertained while waiting for Green Day to arrive to blow our fucking brains. :P

When I saw them at DTE Amphitheater in Clarkston, Michigan back in 2010 it was the best night of my life. We had good seats, Row O, I believe, and during the part in 21st Century Breakdown right before the "We are the class of the class of 13" line, Billie demanded he wanted to see everyone dancing in the fucking aisles. He then ordered everyone to come rush up to the front. My friends and I attempted to run up front, but an usher blocked our way. Billie noticed the usher and said, "Excuse me mister in the blue shirt, get the fuck out of the way!" The usher moved, we were in the pit and about five feet from the stage. Best night of my life. It's right at the 4:10 mark in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WOG9QREgoA

Archived