Favourite Green Day Moment (That You've Seen Live)

Hawx

Just wondering if anyone has a favourite time at a concert that they've been to. Mine was probably when I was lucky enough to see them Halloween 2009 in Manchester. After the warmup band Primadonna played, they came on as Foxboro Hot Tubs and played a three song set. It was brilliant! I Had to explain to my dad what was going on at the time because he had no idea who Foxboro were.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the concert i attended. during "East Jesus Nowhere" Billie pointed toward the crowd and asked for someone to be "saved", he chose this little girl that looked about 4. she was near the front, witch i thought was fair enough, he asked where she was from and put the mic to her, she replayed in the strongest American accent "Im from the USA!" most of the crowd boo'ed, because it being a world cup year. and having just lost to the US i think? not sure. Don't follow football. all you could here was Tre going: "throw her back in Billie!" Billie laughed and asked what state, she replied with "Chicago!" the crowd went ballistic. and i saw Mike screaming towards the air. Billie was in tears. Tre looked pissed. the guys next to me were laughing like no tomorrow. i couldn't stop laughing

shit was amazing

Lollapalooza 1994.

Seeing this opening band called "Green Day" was what I had to do until the bands I really wanted to see (Beastie Boys and Smashing Pumpkins) were on hours later.

Three kids, not much older than me, walked out on stage. One of them had blue hair, one of them had green hair, and one of them looked and acted like the hyper active kid that I always saw in class at school. There was no real introduction to them and they had no stage presence about them. The one with blue hair had an old beat up blue guitar with stickers plastered haphazardly all over it and had the letters "BJ" in big bold red letters on the pickguard.

After pacing back and forth with long strides, the one with blue hair started pounding on his guitar in sort of a jackhammer style, producing chords that went right through me. As the drummer came in with his kick drum beats, the entire crowd, that I had just minutes before been sitting with while enjoying the smell of their joints, became a gigantic mosh pit. I watched as my girlfriend was bumped into and tossed around like a rag doll. I turned to see my other friends getting lost in the mix, and when I turned back around to check on my girlfriend, she was gone. I turned back around to see my other two friends. They were gone. Here I was, ten feet away from the stage getting my ass kicked as this band, "Green Day", was telling me to "Welcome to Paradise". That's where I truly was and I wasn't going anywhere....

This is an excerpt from my book "My Green Days: the story of a fan & a band" http://www.amazon.com/My-Green-Days-Story-Band/dp/1105745775/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1351006622&sr=8-4&keywords=daphne+blue+guitar (not to promote or anything :D )and it's just one of MANY favorite live Green Day moments I've had in the past 2 decades....

Rock am See 2012 (was my first GD show)

Billie ran out almost naked after Good Riddance :D that was very funny

Rock am See 2012 (was my first GD show)

Billie ran out almost naked after Good Riddance :D that was very funny

I watched a video of it and it looks really funny! Unfortunately I didn't go to that show, but I decided to go to show in Bologna (which was canceled). =/

But my favourite Green Day moment was actually the whole my first Green Day concert in Munich in 2010! :runaround:

Going to have to go with singing screeching Longview at Pinkpop. And being a total imbecile.

I've seen Green Day only once in Mönchengladbach. It was soo awesome! :wub: But I think my favorite Moment was at King For A Day when Tré was singing "Yeahyeahyeahyeeaaaah". I laughed so hard like I never did at a concert. And I had to laugh even harder when Mike sang the "Yeahyeayeaah" part. It was soo funny. :lol:

Easily when I saw them in Detroit in 2009 and Billie came out to wrap up the show. Usually this means that you are going to hear Good Riddance and that's it, but he played Macy's Day Parade first! Absolutely, terrific moment. Here is some footage that someone shot of that performance.

Manchester Halloween 2009. For reasons obvious in my Sig :)

Aww.. I totally understand why was this your favourite moment! That would be definetly my favourite moment (not ''just'' Green Day), but FAVOURITE MOMENT OF MY LIFE. :happy:

I've never actually been able to see the band live, but the Holiday pyrotechnics from Awesome as Fuck are insane.

Aww.. I totally understand why was this your favourite moment! That would be definetly my favourite moment (not ''just'' Green Day), but FAVOURITE MOMENT OF MY LIFE. :happy:

yeah, I think it might hit the top spot! :happy:

yeah, I think it might hit the top spot! :happy:

You only think that? You should know that! :P

Manchester 2010 when Billie shouted 'any old school Green Day fans out there?' it was like, yes, this is what we came for as they launched into Nice Guys Finish Last. It just felt like Green Day had truly arrived, and the hour after that was awesome!

First and only show in Mönchengladbach when Billie told the crowd that "they're now from Deutschland" during Boulevard Of Broken Dreams because I liked that part in BIAB so much :P But the pulling faces contest with Tre was, of course, my personal highlight of the concert.

Getting into the golden circle at Wembley Stadium was special for me, and then hearing Waiting and Nice Guys Finish Last.

Wembley Arena they played Letterbomb and Scattered, really unexpected.

Also being a massive Blink 182 fan, when Billie dedicated 'Going to Pasalacqua' to Tom Delonge in Berlin this year was a nice touch.

mine would have to be getting billie to play murder city during the houston stop of the 21cb tour and him gesturing to me during the solo that 'this is for YOU'....

ALWAYS carry a sharpie to concerts kids. they can come in handy.

During EJN, Billie pulled this llittle kid up onstage:

Billie: [jokingly] What do you for a living?

Kid: Uhhh.....PENNSYLVANIA!!

Billie: You do Pennsylvania for a living? :lol:

Seeing Billie cut a guy's hair off on stage at my first show was brilliant, also Tre opening the show at Shepherds Bush with All By Myself was pretty special.

Tre opening Shepherd's Bush for me

he jokingly said Billie could'nt play as he had tonsillitis and for a split second i genuinely believed him!!

Also, i don't know if this counts but in Detroit 2010, me and my uncle bought fraud tickets from a fake site to it and we got to will call and they told us they had nothing in our name. I was so devastated i didn't even know what to do. AFI was almost done with their set and i just was so down i didn't wanna do anything but leave. Next thing i know my uncle starts walking in a fast pace towards will call. He wasn't going to let it end like this so he went up and asked for the best tickets available. The woman asked how much and he said he didn't care. Turns out they had FRONT ROW SEATS left and we claimed them for only 175$ compared to our 400$ seats in section 800! It was the greatest moment in my life and i will never forget it. Nothing will ever beat the happiness i had that night.

My uncle is kind of a photographer so his pictures turned out AMAZING. Here's a couple of them.

163802_157342384313344_1484974_n.jpg168853_157342574313325_7770210_n.jpg168636_157342590979990_4127436_n.jpg167148_157342120980037_4071631_n.jpg

Archived