Green Day Instagram Photos

Fuzz

mike_dosxx

Today we mourn the loss of "Carol Alba Rowland" my birth mother! As many of you know I was adopted. Over the last 10 years I have sought her out with the help of a good friend, only to meet her one month before her passing! I was blessed to have this moment as surreal as it was. The irony of this life never seize to amaze me, being that we were neighbors my entire life! We were able to share a cup of coffee, a cigarette and some smiles. She was a beautiful woman with a huge smile a hot temper and a kind heart. I will miss her as I did before, only now with some memories and a picture to go with the place in my heart! Love you mom!!!

a8cb709e5a7f11e29caa22000a1f96f6_7.jpg

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was only left to make my sad day sadder. RIP to the person who gave us a wonderful human being. R.I.P.

Just in case Mike's life story wasn't tragical enough, he gets this :( I'm really sorry for all the shit Mike's had to go through.

I sympathize with Mike - he had to go through terrible things as a child and teenager. And now - losing his birth mother... CAROL ALBA ROWLAND - RIP :cry: :cry:

That was pretty sweet to read.

Like he said, at least he had the chance to meet her and know what she was like. I did always wonder whether Mike ever looked for his biological mother.

Aww, this is so so sad... R.I.P :(

but im glad he met her before...... you know....

I'm glad he found his mother. What a sweet and personal thing to post, from what I can gather Mike is a really compassionate guy. Carol Alba Rowland. Those are beautiful pictures, she looks like a star.

So much emotion

Rest in peace </3

Certainly sorry that Mike lost his birth mother again but very happy that he had the chance to meet her and chat, even though it was brief. Some time together was better than nothing.

That's so sad. :( May she rest in peace. But it's so good that they could meet! R.I.P.

I'm so sad for Mike but I'm sure the fact that he got to meet with her will comfort him :)

Was so moved and glad to see his compassion and optimism.

R.I.P.

Man, that is tragic as hell. But at the same time it's great that they could at least spend time together right before they died. It's funny how life plays out sometimes.

I love Mike so much :D Everyone is so sad about Billie's past with his father dying of cancer and everything, but Mike also has such a sad past. RIP.

Mike seemed so positive in that post... He wasnt being all gloomy or shit. He's thankful for being able to spend time with her, and remembering her. Stay strong, Mike!! RIP

Again, Mike proves himself to be the sweetheart of the band. It says a lot about is character that he's willing to share something so personal with the fans. Carol was a beautiful lady, and I hope she rests peacefully.

Was nice that Mike got to meet his birth mother but sad at the same time cause of what's happened now :( Was also nice of him to tell us a bit of the background story too. R.I.P Carol Alba Rowland <3

Archived