Green Day: The Unauthorized Illustrated History- 224 pg book- December 2012

desertrose

saw this on amazon

Publication Date: December 16, 2012

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0760343241

Green Day: The Unauthorized Illustrated History [Hardcover]

Alan di Perna (Author)

This title has not yet been released.

You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Format: Hardcover,

224 pages

Publisher: Motorbooks Intl

Publish Date: Dec 2012

Formed in California’s East Bay in 1987 by a 15-year-old guitar player named Billie Joe Armstrong and his bass-playing friend Mike Dirnt (later joined by drummer Tre Cool), Green Day has risen from the Bay Area’s underground rock scene to become one of the world’s most popular bands. Lauded for bringing punk rock to the masses, Green Day’s remarkable rise from teenage garage band to multi-platinum artists is documented here for the first time to coincide with the band’s 25th anniversary.

Author and frequent Guitar World contributor Alan di Perna, who has interviewed Green Day’s three members several times, offers readers and fans a complete band history, from their formation and first gigs in Berkeley, California, and signing to the Lookout! label through their highs and lows, eight studio releases (including the opening salvo 39/Smooth, the door-opening Dookie, the less well-received Warning, and more), the critically acclaimed Broadway show American Idiot, and their latest recording and film efforts. Di Perna’s revealing text is accompanied by more than 300 visuals, including concert and candid off-stage photography, gig posters and handbills, 7-inch picture sleeves, rare vinyl, backstage passes, and more, all presented in a stunningly designed package.

51zR7W4qC7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

here is his facebook page

He mentions his book coming in December

Dear Friends, Please check out my Green Day cover story for the current issue of Guitar World. I had a great conversation with Billie Joe, as usual, and got to check out ¡Dos! and ¡Tre! as well as ¡Uno¡ All three discs are equally awesome and my article contains insights from Billy on tracks from all three. This material won't be in my Green Day book, which is coming out in December, so check it out now! Show Guitar World's editors how much you love Green Day and also that people are really interested in stuff other than shred metal virtuosi and classic rockers.

http://www.facebook.com/alan.diperna

I'll for sure going to check it out! I loved Nobody Likes You

The Guitar World article was excellent....and this honestly might be worth checking out just for the pictures.

I have Green Day Revealed, Green Day: A Musical Biography, and Green Day: American Idiots and the New Punk Explosion (which I haven't had a chance to read yet. I ordered Nobody Likes You over the summer, but it never showed up so I got my order refunded and haven't gotten around to trying to get it again.

I will definitely be getting this book when it comes out! I've been really craving a more up to date Green Day book. The most recent I have is only 2010 and ends with talking about the American Idiot Musical.

Thank you for letting us know about this! Something to look forward to for sure!

I have Green Day Revealed, Green Day: A Musical Biography, and Green Day: American Idiots and the New Punk Explosion (which I haven't had a chance to read yet. I ordered Nobody Likes You over the summer, but it never showed up so I got my order refunded and haven't gotten around to trying to get it again.

You still need ONE more book for your collection....MY BOOK! :D

My Green Days: the story of a fan & a band

http://www.amazon.com/My-Green-Days-Story-Band/dp/1105745775/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350793093&sr=8-1&keywords=my+green+days+justin

And after I read the mention in Guitar World, I pre-ordered the new bio book too. Looking forward to some good pictures since every other bio (except for mine) kind of reiterates the same thing.

I guess this will go on my X-mas list...I have to have at least one book on there :D

• 4 weeks later...

Is this worth the buy ?

I like the fact they put rare objects in it, it makes me feel to want to buy it.

This almost sounds like "Green Day Treasures" with all the rare "objects" in there. Except that it's cheaper.

This almost sounds like "Green Day Treasures" with all the rare "objects" in there. Except that it's cheaper.

Which one would you choose ? "Green Day Treasures" or this one ?

Which one would you choose ? "Green Day Treasures" or this one ?

I don't have this one so I don't know. But as Dudley Dawson said, this one is longer so probably this. Although having more pages doesn't exactly suggest that the content is any better. "Treasures" has a lot of cool and rare flyers, tickets etc. in it that you can take out and unfold and it also has two posters but from the description of "The unauthorized..." it sounds like they have that too.

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic read. I just finished! Great book. I also got Green Day treasures, reading it now. Just as good.

• 1 month later...

I got this book from my local book store, I recently have finished reading it. Its Great for anyone who wants to know more about green Day or anyone that loves them in general. 10/10 from me.

I got this book for Christmas, it is a really nice book with a lot of pictures I had never seen before. It has a lot of older pics that are really interesting. I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I would say it is definetly worth buying.

I didn't think to tell my dad to look at my Amazon wish list when he was using my account to buy Christmas presents. I guess I'll have to get it some other way. :cry:

Archived