Guitar picks straight from the studio - Idiot Club exclusive

Australian1diot

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lame. My question is why didn't they just make it clear that it wouldn't be open to all members when they first announced it? They said "aren't you glad you joined?" to everyone instead of giving any kind of warning. What's the excuse for not being open about it from the start instead of misleading and disappointing all the non US/UK members?

Come on people, they don't make up the rules.

They make up what they write on their sign up page though. They should either mention on there that the "periodic contests with prizing and random giveaways" they promise aren't open to everyone or stop promising it there. It's false advertising. They know it is and they still don't change it because they'd rather mislead more people into joining than be honest about what they're offering.

Lame. My question is why didn't they just make it clear that it wouldn't be open to all members when they first announced it? They said "aren't you glad you joined?" to everyone instead of giving any kind of warning. What's the excuse for not being open about it from the start instead of misleading and disappointing all the non US/UK members?

They make up what they write on their sign up page though. They should either mention on there that the "periodic contests with prizing and random giveaways" they promise aren't open to everyone or stop promising it there. It's false advertising. They know it is and they still don't change it because they'd rather mislead more people into joining than be honest about what they're offering.

i couldn't agree more

The Idiot Club is so lame, there's NOTHING exclusive about it at all... like they premiere a new song and then 2 hours later it's up on the regular site anyway... they barely update any news anymore either... so dissapointed ... guess the club was much better back when American Idiot was released

Jeez. I'm surprised the UK is even included because it hasn't been before. Hermione is totally right, they say they're working on a change if you tell them that but it doesn't matter if they're working on it, they should make this stuff clear until the change happens (or give the affected members their money back).

I wouldn't have got tickets for Shepherd's Bush without an IC membership which was worth it, but otherwise the membership is shit. I guess I can enter this now but it's hardly worth the money to other members...

Also, they end the list of what you get with.. "and much, much more!"

You don't even get what's on the list, yet they say there's even more. Can you think of even one more thing that you get?

Nope.

Well, that's not a smart move. I'm a member of the Idiot Club because of the Box Set and, be sure, I won't renew my membership.

They should take advantage of the fact that several people are members because of the Box Set and try to push us to renew, instead of acting this way. It's all their loss anyway. :tired:

Also, they end the list of what you get with.. "and much, much more!"

You don't even get what's on the list, yet they say there's even more. Can you think of even one more thing that you get?

Nope.

Exactly. I mean we all know that they can't do contests for most countries and what the site really offers so we can make an informed decision over whether to join or not at least. I just feel bad for the people who read that sign up page and part with their money without knowing that beforehand and then get disappointed. I emailed them about the wording of the sign up page and they straight up told me they won't change it (their justification was that they sometimes have early entry contests for shows in other countries.....uhh that still doesn't cover every country, ever member or every year so whatever!). Just can't help being irritated that a site that officially represents my favourite band is happy to deliberately mislead fans into buying membership.

For me personally I just joined for Shepherds Bush tickets expecting not to get anything else, so the UK being included is a nice bonus! I appreciate that they're working on getting contests open to more people. Just need to change that list of promises until they've achieved it.

Im sorry...maybe I'm blind but I have been on Idiot Club and greenday.com and i see nothing about this being open to UK and US only...is this assumption or am i missing something?!

Im sorry...maybe I'm blind but I have been on Idiot Club and greenday.com and i see nothing about this being open to UK and US only...is this assumption or am i missing something?!

Brian (of greenday.com) mentioned it earlier in this thread.

what contest are we all talking about?

Yeah... there's nothing on the Idiot Club, Greenday.com, or GDA... Did it close or something?

Brian (of greenday.com) mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Huh...ok then...I wonder what the story is with Ireland then. I mean Northern Ireland is in the UK and too often bands from the US consider Ireland (or just lump us in with) part of the UK (even the AI musical people referred to Dublin UK which bugged me)...this would be the unique exception where i would be delighted if they included Ireland with the UK. Anyone know?!

Yeah... there's nothing on the Idiot Club, Greenday.com, or GDA... Did it close or something?

its from about 2 months ago right after i heart, its on the idiot club if you look far enough down the page

What?! :( you already know it's US/UK only? Noooooooo... no fucking fair at all!!! :pinch:I thought there were good news... :cry:

The Idiot Club is so lame, there's NOTHING exclusive about it at all... like they premiere a new song and then 2 hours later it's up on the regular site anyway... they barely update any news anymore either... so dissapointed ... guess the club was much better back when American Idiot was released

You're right. However, they never posted Mike's Q&A vids...

What?! :( you already know it's US/UK only? Noooooooo... no fucking fair at all!!! :pinch:I thought there were good news... :cry:

You're right. However, they never posted Mike's Q&A vids...

i see mikes Q&A vids, or are we talking about different ones?

i see mikes Q&A vids, or are we talking about different ones?

We must be talking about the same videos, 'cause there are only 2. But I meant that the IC didn't officially post them, I guess someone recorded/uploaded them to youtube.

We must be talking about the same videos, 'cause there are only 2. But I meant that the IC didn't officially post them, I guess someone recorded/uploaded them to youtube.

they're on the IC news feed, go a couple pages back. there's 2 parts.

they're on the IC news feed, go a couple pages back. there's 2 parts.

I saw them ;) But for example; they posted the trilogy promo videos on the IC first, then on Green Day's official channel on youtube. These from Mike never were posted there, and stayed on the idiot club, you know what I mean?

Thought there was an actual contest annoucement since everyone was talking about it, but I was fooled again.

Archived