Guitar picks straight from the studio - Idiot Club exclusive

Australian1diot

These are the same as GD were using on tour recently. At a gig, before or afterwards, politely and discretely ask a roadie or someone connected to the band. That is how my children got their GD souvenirs (picks and drumsticks).

how do you find a roadie and know its one?

and where's poor Tre's pick?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate contests!

me too, because all of them are just for american members :dry:

I hope picks will be for merch.

So you want my secrets ? :happy: A lot of it is observation, try to work out who is venue staff and who are the GD staff. Engage the GD staff on a personal level (try to talk about something non GD specific). I know my age and demeanour give me an advantage. So here is how we got the drumsticks:

21CB tour (with son). After the event we walked to the side of the stage where there were no fans (avoid other fans when treasure hunting) and asked someone whether they were with the band, make up some conversation (eg I think you have the best job in the world but it must be hard work ... or something like that), then just ask; could you get my son a drumstick as a souvenir ? He disappeared for 5 minutes and returned with one and apologised for taking so long.

SBE secret show in London (with daughter). as above, after the show we went up to the barrier, I picked someone who I knew was not venue staff and just said a few words (are you with the band, you guys do such a good job, etc) and again politely asked for a drumstick and he came back with two, one for my daughter and another lucky fan got the other one.

So; be polite and respectful (I often start with 'excuse me, Sir'), take an interest in them, and ask for a souvenir as a last request. If you get a no, just say ok I understand (that same person may find you again later - that is how we got some picks). Expect nothing, hope for something.

Fhgsg I want :o a full set would be awesome.

I got one of Mike's picks during the 21cb tour, he threw them onto the ground in front of the barrier and i screamed at the security guy to get one. It's black with a gas mask on one side and green day on the other.

Aren't you glad you joined??'

HELL YEAH! :D

unless it's another US RESIDENT ONLY

I love the FK*TIME pick...I wonder if that will be the single artwork if Fuck Time becomes a single?

I'd rather get one from the guys in person.

Best way to do it. Billie reached into his pocket and handed me one, it was a yellow Dunlop Tortex .73 with the "!" inside a triangle from the Warning days. Also have one of Mike's "Dumpunk" Tortex .88 with his face on the Tortex turtle. Don't remember how I came across that one...might have been an eBay find. Then there's the black one with the gas mask and Breakdown-era logo. Mike was standing on the side stage while the Bravery was playing, just tossing them at people who mostly didn't even notice. I was lucky enough to snag one of those.

But yeah- the best way is to ask one of the guys themselves if you ever have occasion to meet them. They seem to be pretty cool about it, as long as they have some picks on them at the time.

Sure it's even better to get a pick from the guys themselves, but it'd still be so awesome to get one of these! :happy:

1. No ¡Tré! picks?

Because he's a drummer? I suppose it could be used during Dominated Love Slave or All By Myself though ;)

and where's poor Tre's pick?

Tré doesn't get a pick cuz he doesn't play guitar (mainly) at the shows, the UNO ones are for Billie and the dos ones are for Mike and the FK-TIME ones are for Jason

An object that Billie Joe Armstrong once had in his own hands. I need it.

Jason doesnt get Quatro picks?

Tre doesn't get Tre picks either. ;)

I once got a pick from Billie because he dropped it while playing and it fell right in front of me (it was a 200 capacity venue). Does that count as "getting one from them personally"? :lol:

And Bill Schneider once gave us two each after a show which I thought was super cool.

I WANT IT!! I NEED IT!! :runaround:

Omg I HAVE to finally join the Idiot Club!! What am I waiting for?? :o

These are the same as GD were using on tour recently. At a gig, before or afterwards, politely and discretely ask a roadie or someone connected to the band. That is how my children got their GD souvenirs (picks and drumsticks).

Nope. The security guy **I** politely asked to give me the drumstick that laid on the ground gave it to the dude beside me, who didn't even ask. The same happened with Mike's pick. Same dude again. Sorry but that was just mean.

That's that shouty title fixed. OP please don't use caps for thread titles in future :thumbsup:

Hmm not gonna get excited until I find out if this is just for the US or not. But if it isn't, fabulous!

I love the FK*TIME pick...I wonder if that will be the single artwork if Fuck Time becomes a single?

i actually might be if its a single as i have seen it somewhere before i just cant remeber

Archived