2012 American idiot remaster better dynamics?

scottrowan200

I'm confused. What is this even supposed to be?

its a video comparing the 2004 recording of american idiot and a new remastered version that is available..the video is some guy showing the differences between the two versions using the song BOBD

its a video comparing the 2004 recording of american idiot and a new remastered version that is available..the video is some guy showing the differences between the two versions using the song BOBD

Haha, literally just worked that out, the first link completely confused me. Thanks anyway.

That was really informative, but YouTube doesn't do justice to the difference. Check out the free previews available at hdtracks.com...huge improvement on the toms and the presence of the bass track.

I'm not an "audiophile" per se, but i really love how technical this album was and just how huge it sounds.

listened to the HD previews- not sure i'm hearing anything different...

Uh, I don't think I hear any difference at all. At least not that I'm picking up...

I can hear slight differences, nothing too big, but I think it comes down to my very average computer speakers. (I'm also not very gifted at listening to music.) Perhaps it needs to be listened to on headphones. I find the sound on computers, even through headphones, to be quite thin compared to old fashioned stereos. When I first got AI, my stereo broke shortly thereafter, and I was very disappointed to have to listen to it on the computer, which didn't sound nearly as rich.

Anyway, I think this video is one of the geekiest things I've listened to in a long time! :D

I need to spend some time to see if I can really hear the difference, meanwhile I'll enjoy the placebo effect, or whatever you want to call it. :P

I need to spend some time to see if I can really hear the difference, meanwhile I'll enjoy the placebo effect, or whatever you want to call it. :P

I was just thinking about it ... maybe it's the same version with placebo effect :D

I got it too and there's some Easter eggs in the AI release, as some TV voices in "Nobody Likes You" or you hear Mike second voices. The feeling that I get when I listen holiday is absolutely fantastic.

Breakdown release is cool too. More bass is always welcome :)

• 1 month later...

I got it too and there's some Easter eggs in the AI release, as some TV voices in "Nobody Likes You" or you hear Mike second voices. The feeling that I get when I listen holiday is absolutely fantastic.

Sorry about the old topic bump but I just got freaked out by these voices when listening to this release for a second time, finally with better headphones.

I was looking all over my browser for what webpage could suddenly have started making noises I hadn't heard before… it was Homecoming.

Really weird that a remaster would have voices that are completely inaudible/absent in the original release.

Can't make out what they say, sounds like "relax (darling?) / This aside / To remind you (for …) / I'll keep an eye on …

Sorry about the old topic bump but I just got freaked out by these voices when listening to this release for a second time, finally with better headphones.

I was looking all over my browser for what webpage could suddenly have started making noises I hadn't heard before… it was Homecoming.

Really weird that a remaster would have voices that are completely inaudible/absent in the original release.

Can't make out what they say, sounds like "relax (darling?) / This aside / To remind you (for …) / I'll keep an eye on …

Think about all the things that must fit in a conventional CD. American Idiot, and Homecoming specially, have a lot more than only 2 guitars, a bass and a drum. Some frecuencies push out some others, and that's why you don't hear these little things.

I don't think that this is a remaster, is more like "how the record sounds in the studio".

Archived