Fuzz

Hey guys, we're getting ready to re-launch a band biography on GDA (which has been offline for way too long) and I'd like some feedback on this first part (of 3) which I plan on publishing on the home page in the next day or two.

Read it, let me know if there's anything we need to change, or give your suggestions on anything we could improve.

http://www.greendayauthority.com/band/bioTemp.php

Please don't link this page anywhere, as it's not a final place and the link will change when we publish it on the site.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st line: "Billie Joe Armstrong was born on February 17, 1992". 1992, seriously?

^^ That's also the first thing that I notice. :)

on September 1, 1982, Andy passed away

His father passed away on September 10th, I guess :)

Billie & Mike met when they were 10 ( he said in an interview -- although it ain't that important )

on September 1, 1982, Andy passed away

His father passed away on September 10th, I guess :)

I think it was Sept. 16th. because on Sept. 16 this year Billie postet a pic of his dad on instagram saying 30 has gone so fast...

I think it was Sept. 16th. because on Sept. 16 this year Billie postet a pic of his dad on instagram saying 30 has gone so fast...

His dad passed away on Sept. 10th, His funeral was on 16th :) That's why Billie posted a pic on IG on that date.

Well, despite the few errors its well written!

I really like the writing. Credit to Boston for writing it.

His dad passed away on Sept. 10th, His funeral was on 16th :) That's why Billie posted a pic on IG on that date.

Is there a source for that?

ah ok. now a lot things make more sense...

thanks ;)

btw where do you know this? I'm just curious^^

She did a good job! :thumbsup:

err Can I borrow this Bio? My project, this semester, is based on GDA/GDC. (I'm kind of making a mini version of it.)

Obviously, I'll mention GDA on my project report as the source of all my information and on the website too.

How do you know that? :)

She did a good job! :thumbsup:

err Can I borrow this Bio? My project, this semester, is based on GDA/GDC. (I'm kind of making a mini version of it.)

Obviously, I'll mention GDA on my project report as the source of all my information and on the website too.

As long as you properly credit us, yeah. Just waiting till the final versions are up later this month so we fix any inaccuracies.

As long as you properly credit us, yeah. Just waiting till the final versions are up later this month so we fix any inaccuracies.

Thanks and yeah I will. Not that the website I build will go live, but my teachers will surely know what GDA is! :D

Maybe it's better to write that he died in September, without specific date, since we don't know for sure. Or find some good source of this information.

Maybe it's better to write that he died in September, without specific date, since we don't know for sure. Or find some good source of this information.

Yeah, I'll likely go that route if we can't source anything.

I just found in the book "Nobody Likes You"

Andy passed away September 1, 1982, just four months after being diagnosed

I'll likely go with that date unless we can find a better source.

the sixth child in Andy and Ollie Armstrong’s brood

That's incorrect, his oldest brother Alan had a different father.

His Native American mother put him up for adoption soon after his birth

It was his adoptive mother who was Native American.

At seven years old, his parents bought him his first guitar to celebrate his success.

I've never heard this, I heard they bought him an acoustic guitar but I thought he was slightly older like 9 or 10?

Billie Joe and Mike met when they were eleven

I've always heard they were 10, again I'm not sure because I don't know the source but maybe someone can confirm this?

2,000 Lightyears Away

Just a typo, should be "Light Years"

Billie comforted himself with records of bands his brother passed down to him, particularly The Beatles

Billie also like the Replacements and Husker Du from his sister's collection

One of the points I think could be is the AI booklet that he wrote Sept. 10 on the left top of the page he wrote WMUWSE. I'm not so sure, but it's kinda written everywhere that his father passed away on 10th :) Sorry if I'm wrong.

But I think you better write " His father passed away in September " 'til we can make sure about it :)

ah ok. now a lot things make more sense...

thanks ;)

btw where do you know this? I'm just curious^^

I don't remember exactly, I read somewhere :P One source is Wikipedia, the other is IMBD & another one is Billie's IG :lol: I just wrote what I knew.

Didn't Billie say before that Al didn't tell them he was leaving the band, so he didn't tell him he was being replaced? I remember him saying this before although he could be joking.

You say that in tenth grade (when they were 16) they added sean hughes on bass and Jason Relva on drums, but then after that you say in 87 (when they're 15) they added John Kiffmeyer on Drums. see how that contradicts?

In 1988, they booked their first gig at Gilman, which was preceded by a warm-up show at Rod’s Hickory Pit, the restaurant where Billie Joe’s mother worked.

They played Rod's Hickory Pit in 87, not 88

Archived