Fan participation during tour

St3veHimself

more fan participation -> longer songs

new albums -> more songs

longer songs + more songs = longer concerts

which using Green Day maths = Fuck time!!

i'm fine with the fan participation as it is right now, but then Green Day concerts are so amazing it doesn't matter if they have it or not. I'd love to be at a show where Billie stage dives though...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i the only person who thinks they "hey oh's" and the fan interaction are just methods to allow them to have a little break during the sets?

I mean there are so many bands who stop every few songs to talk about stuff, which Green Day don't actually do. I just assume it keeps the energy alive in the venue and doesn't allow the crowd to catch a break.

Nothing is more annoying for me when i'm at a show, really into it and then you have to wait a every couple of songs for the singer to finish his "talk" and by that time it takes you half the next song to be in same place you were before.

Billie will pull me up during fuck time to well.. " fuck me " :D

Uhhhh.....no :dry:

And it's such a fucking thrill to do it too. I would NEVER in a million years sing in front of ANYONE, let alone an arena size crowd. But when it's for Green Day then fuck every single thing in the world, I'm doing it. When are you ever going to get another chance like it?? :D

THIS! Only a handful of people have heard me sing before and that was mostly family and my boyfriend of 7+ years. I absolutely hate singing in front of people, but I have to say singing on stage with them has always been a dream of mine. Just like you said, you might as well make the most of it and belt it out like a pro.

that's a big part of why they're such an amazing live band.as it's been said before,there's hardly bands whi interact with their fans as green day do it.it would be soo amazing to join them on stage.I can't help but beeing jealous of everyone who gets pulled up :P but I'm also happy for them,as we're all fans...anyway I don't think they'll stop geting people on stage,they seem to have fun,we have fun,so everyones happy :)

and on the hey oh thing ;D I love how he does it and everyone sings along,keeps the mood and energy...BUT I have to admit at the last show I went to he did it soso often that I got a little annoyed,so I wouldn't mind him to reduce it. :)

THIS! Only a handful of people have heard me sing before and that was mostly family and my boyfriend of 7+ years. I absolutely hate singing in front of people, but I have to say singing on stage with them has always been a dream of mine. Just like you said, you might as well make the most of it and belt it out like a pro.

Exactly! And if your singing sucks then who gives a shit?! You just spent last five minutes or so on stage with fucking Green Day! Pretty sure that if you wanted to conduct a cost benefit analysis on the situation, the latter would be more profitable ;)

Yeah, going onstage was one of the best moments of my life. Usually I'd be scared to do a stage dive, but when Billie Joe tells you to do a stage dive, you do a fucking stage dive. I was so pumped with adrenalin I did it without thinking.

I think that the fan participation is awesome...

The band get to connect with thier fans on stage

Archived