Most underrated/under appreciated Green Day song on each album

desecrator09

1039 : Rest, yeah this song maybe is not fit on this album.. i think will fit on Kerplunk

Kerplunk : Sweet Children

Dookie : Pulling Teeth, but i think it's a great song

Insomniac : Bab's Uvula Who

Nimrod : Take Back (btw, sounds great)

Warning : Misery

American Idiot : Whatsername (i think this song better than Extraog)

21st Century Breakdown : Viva la gloria (little girl), this song catchy, but underrated maybe

iUNO! : Angel Blue (my favorite :sad: )

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39/Smooth: Rest (I love the melody, harmonies, and slow tempo of the song)

Kerplunk: No One Knows (The opening bassline speaks for itself. Just gorgeous!)

Dookie: Sassfrats Roots (super catchy!) or F.O.D (the explosion in the middle of the song is so great. An amazing album closer.)

Insomniac: Bab's Uvula Who? (Ridiculously catchy)

Nimrod: Scattered (Great lyrics and a really lovely chorus. Fell for it at first listen.)

Warning: Misery (The band really went for it in this song. Love the flair, the instruments, and experimentation.

American Idiot: Is there one? If I pick it's Give Me Novacaine (one of the most beautiful there is)

21st Century Breakdown: Peacemaker!!! (Okay, this song is incredible. Definitely my most listened to and one of the best the band has written. The Middle Eastern flair in the guitar, strings, harmonies. Soooo good.)

UNO: It's a bit early to say...

Well, that was quite fun!

1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours-Dry Ice (Love the guitar solo and lyrics)

Kerplunk-Words I Might Have Ate (Have always had a soft spot for this song. Not entirely sure why)

Dookie-Sassafras Roots (My favorite song off of Dookie)

Insomniac-Stuart and the Ave. (Terrific bass opening)

Nimrod-Scattered (Just a terrifc, catchy song)

Warning-Church On Sunday (Why this isn't a staple in live shows, I have no idea)

American Idiot-Extraordinary Girl (Tough to pick from this album. Really a fun song to sing-along too.)

21st Century Breakdown-Restless Heart Syndrome (Chilling song, great MUSE-like breakdown at the end. See The Light is a close second)

Uno!-Sweet 16 (Beautiful love song that deserves more recognition, but it's early)

Uno - Sweet 16 - Think it's a great song, popular choices seem to be singles/video songs, rusty James and stay the night. However sweet 16 is my fav

Thank you! Another Sweet 16 fan!

1039 - Rest, I love the whole sound of it. It's so relaxing.

Kerplunk - Private Ale, I love the lyrics and the sound.

Dookie - Coming Clean, it's such a 'teenagery' song, really relatable lyrics for a lot of people

Insomniac - Stuart and the ave, probably one of my favourite GD songs, the lyrics, the bass unnf

Nimrod - Haushinka, I love the way it builds and builds. Sends shivers down my spine <3

Warning - Deadbeat Holiday, my other favourite song. The lyrics are just gorgeous~

American Idiot - Are We The Waiting , I love the sound and the lyrics, they really captured the sense of being alone in a city.

21CB - Peacemaker - I love the whole gypsy kind of sound and the lyrics are great.

Uno - Troublemaker, I don't get why people don't like this :c it has the whole fbht vibe and the lyrics and solo. Maybe it would've fitted better on Dos idk?

1039: Dry Ice. Great harmonies and a great guitar solo.

Kerplunk: Words I Might Have Ate. I really like the fact that it's an uptempo song with acoustic guitars.

Dookie: In The End. Very short and very good.

Insomniac: Stuart And The Ave. Possibly the most underrated song of them all. One of my absolute favourites.

Nimrod: Haushinka. That bridge is my favourite part. Awesome song to play very loud through the stereo.

Warning: Macy's Day Parade (I'd like to say the whole album though). My favourite Green Day ballad. Such fantastic song, should end concerts instead of Good Riddance if I could decide.

American Idiot: Whatsername. Unjustly forgotten among the other songs on AI, for me it's the best song of the album alongside JoS

21st Century Breakdown: ¿Viva La Gloria?. My favourite track on the album. I especially love the "you dirty liar" part and the "Gloria" shout.

It's a bit too early for me to judge which song of Uno that is most underrated.

Warning: (I said Deadbeat Holiday because I forgot about) Fashion Victim! Good song, never played live, hardly ever mentioned, Mike said it was one of the hardest songs to play on bass.

Fashion Victim has been played live :) (if it was what you meant and not Deadbeat Holiday) :

1039: Dry Ice. Great harmonies and a great guitar solo.

Kerplunk: Words I Might Have Ate. I really like the fact that it's an uptempo song with acoustic guitars.

Dookie: In The End. Very short and very good.

Insomniac: Stuart And The Ave. Possibly the most underrated song of them all. One of my absolute favourites.

Nimrod: Haushinka. That bridge is my favourite part. Awesome song to play very loud through the stereo.

Warning: Macy's Day Parade (I'd like to say the whole album though). My favourite Green Day ballad. Such fantastic song, should end concerts instead of Good Riddance if I could decide.

American Idiot: Whatsername. Unjustly forgotten among the other songs on AI, for me it's the best song of the album alongside JoS

21st Century Breakdown: ¿Viva La Gloria?. My favourite track on the album. I especially love the "you dirty liar" part and the "Gloria" shout.

It's a bit too early for me to judge which song of Uno that is most underrated.

Fashion Victim has been played live :) (if it was what you meant and not Deadbeat Holiday) :

Oh yeah, I knew that, i mean in the way like never played live meaning hardly played live, like you would say walking contradiction is never played live, it HAS been played live but hardly ever, and not in a long time.

Ok, here´s my list:

1039 - The Judge´s daughter

Kerplunk - One of my lies

Dookie - Pulling theet

Insomniac - Stuart and the ave.

Nimrod - Worry rock

Warning - Deadbeat Holiday

American Idiot - Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown - Horseshoes and handgrenades

Uno! - Troublemaker?

1039: Rest (chill song, deserves a bit more respect)

kerplunk: One of my Lies (Amazing song, even though it's been a little bit more out there than others I don't really enjoy)

dookie: in the end (amazing fast beautiful song)

insomniac: bab's uvula who? (catchy and green day sounding)

nimrod: prosthetic head (amazing, nothing like this song), take back (hardcore puunk intent), scattered (mainstream, beautifully lyricized song), prosthetic head (repeated because it's the best song in this album)

warning: jackass (funny lyrics and catchy rhythm), hold on (deep lyrics)

American Idiot: Homecoming (long, all song is good, cool to sing along, everyone gets their bit)

21cb: restless heart syndrome (pretty sad song)

uno: loss of control (dookie-ish sound, rated the worst song of the album :C)

Dookie: F.O.D.

Nimrod: Haushinka

American Idiot: Homecoming or Whatsername

21CB: Restless Heart Syndrome

¡UNO!: Loss of Control

Just picked 5 really standout tracks because they fit this topic more than any other tracks from different albums

1039: Rest (chill song, deserves a bit more respect)

kerplunk: One of my Lies (Amazing song, even though it's been a little bit more out there than others I don't really enjoy)

dookie: in the end (amazing fast beautiful song)

insomniac: bab's uvula who? (catchy and green day sounding)

nimrod: prosthetic head (amazing, nothing like this song), take back (hardcore puunk intent), scattered (mainstream, beautifully lyricized song), prosthetic head (repeated because it's the best song in this album)

warning: jackass (funny lyrics and catchy rhythm), hold on (deep lyrics)

American Idiot: Homecoming (long, all song is good, cool to sing along, everyone gets their bit)

21cb: restless heart syndrome (pretty sad song)

uno: loss of control (dookie-ish sound, rated the worst song of the album :C)

1039 : only of you, it's just so catchy and fun to sing along to.

kerplunk : ooh hard one...I'll go with words I might have ate,I just like the acoustic guitars :)

dookie:having a blast...idk just like the song :P

insomniac: stuart and the ave,always been one of my favs,the bass is soo good.

nimrod : haushinka,it just has such a grat vibe to it.I get all thoughtful when I listen to it...

warning: misery <3 it's simply genius.

shenanigans:you lied.I love how he sings these words ;D

ai: extraordinary girl.many people don't seem to like it,I always loved it.

21stcb:both of the viva la glorias...such a shame that they didn't become singles and are never played live,I'd kill to hear either of those...

uno:troublemaker,it's so dancyyyy :bunny:

helllo btw :)

1039: Disappearing Boy

Kerplunk: One of my Lies

Dookie: Chump

Insomniac: 86

Nimrod: Uptight

Warning: Castaway

Shenanigans: Ha Ha You're Dead

American Idiot: Are We The Waiting

21st Century Breakdown: Restless Hear Syndrome

Uno: Fell For You

For me, the most undertated song on 21CB is See the Light. I think it might be my favourite song on the album, but it seems to get quite a lot of hate. It's a brilliant closer, it's like you've come through all the shit and are trying hard to get back on your feet and as the guitars fade out at the end, it's like waking up and seeing light at the end of the tunnel and knowing you're almost there.

For me, the most undertated song on 21CB is See the Light. I think it might be my favourite song on the album, but it seems to get quite a lot of hate. It's a brilliant closer, it's like you've come through all the shit are trying hard to get back on your feet and as the guitars fade out at the end, it's like waking up and seeing light at the end of the tunnel and knowing your almost there.

For me, the most undertated song on 21CB is See the Light. I think it might be my favourite song on the album, but it seems to get quite a lot of hate. It's a brilliant closer, it's like you've come through all the shit are trying hard to get back on your feet and as the guitars fade out at the end, it's like waking up and seeing light at the end of the tunnel and knowing your almost there.

That's exactly how I think of that song.

Oooo this is a fun game. Okay here we go!

39/Smooth: Don't Leave Me; this is a great song that I feel is the earliest hint of the direction Green Day would go as they and their music matured.

Kerplunk!: No One Knows; and maybe it's just because I've never been able to find a live version of the song. Mike's bass work on this song is some of his best

Dookie: Sassafras Roots; yes, the lyrics are a little repetitive, but I feel like that's part of the charm. And again...Mike's bassline. I'm a bass player and this song is so fucking fun to play.

Insomniac: Westbound Sign; it's simple and still kind of dark, but at its heart, this is a love song buried in a caustic mixture of tracks relating to sleeplessness, hate, rejection, panic disorders and drug use.

nimrod.: Jinx; sorry, but once again it comes back to the bass. This song is also the essence of Green Day- a simple, 2-minute, 3-chord jaunt into the land of self-deprecation.

WARNING: Misery; when the album came out, this was Green Day's longest and most experimental track to date. It's fun, it's got some dark themes to it, and all kinds of exotic instrumentation.

American Idiot: Give Me Novacaine; it was hard to pick a song from this record, because to me, there really aren't any low points throughout the 57 minutes of the album. But this song slows things down juuuuust a little bit between St. Jimmy and She's a Rebel.

21st Century Breakdown: Before the Lobotomy; from what I've read on GDC, it seems like a lot of people really dislike this song. That's okay, but I have to disagree. It starts a little meh, and ends a little meh; I'll give you guys that. But I love everything in between, including the odd time signature in the verses and the strange chord progression just before the last chorus. Very different song for Green Day.

¡UNO!: Troublemaker; again, lots of hate on this song. The lyrics are juvenile, but I think they're clever. The whole attitude of the song makes me want to dance and stop and sing along.

39/Smooth: Green Day

Kerplunk: No One Knows

Dookie: F.O.D.

Insomniac: 86

Nimrod: Jinx

Warning: Jackass or Waiting

American Idiot: Whatsername

21st Century Breakdown: Peacemaker or Restless Heart Syndrome

¡Uno!: Angel Blue

In my opinion, all of them are such good songs!

Guest MadeInRatCity

If u've to say overrated BOBD, WMUWSE and 21 Guns.

Underrated has to be Letterbomb, HSAHG, Insomniac almost all the songs.

I'm too lazy to think about all the albums right now, so I'm just gonna go with Shenanigans. So, definitely Rotting (God dammit, this song is beautiful, how could anyone dislike it?) , Haha you're dead (I simply love fuck you songs, that's why.) and You lied (I freaking worship the sound of this one, but like almost everything on Shenanigans doesn't get the attention it deserves)

1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours: Don't Leave me (The first song that came to mind when I talk about this album. I love it since the first time I heard it)

Kerplunk: No One Knows (Sounds kinda melancholic, I like it )

Dookie: Having a Blast (One of my favorites songs from Dookie, sad I have never heard it live, that would be great)

Insomniac: Tight Wad Hill (I consider this song great, one of my favorites of the album)

Nimrod: Haushinka (one of my favorites of the album, but I consider is underrated)

Warning: Misery (Seems that a lot of people hate this song, but I love it)

American Idiot: Extraordinary Girl (Since the first time I heard it, I fell in love with this song. The intro is amazing, very experimental)

21st Century Breakdown: Peacemaker (Sad this song is not really appreciated. I love it, is so different, and that Italian style is just great)

¡Uno!: Angel Blue? (For some reason I think is underrated, and the guitar riff is just perfect in my opinion)

39 - Green Day. That's their eponymous song, man. Super catchy and it's largely ignored.

Kerplunk - Private Ale. Along with the last minute of Christie Road, it's the album's shining moment. Awesome teenager lyrics, they remind me of The Graduate.

Dookie - Coming Clean. Should be a revered LGBT anthem like This Charming Man or Relax.

Insomniac - Westbound Sign. Oh man. This sounds tailor-made for the radio. It's catchier than syphillis; better songwriting than Brain Stew and more accessible as well.

nimrod - King for a Day. It's a fan favorite but it should have more widespread recognition.

Warning - Deadbeat Holiday. Catchy and folky, great lyrics. I can see why it wasn't a single, though.

American Idiot - geez, um, Give Me Novacaine. Best song on the album. Obviously it's been slain by the hordes of singles surrounding it.

21stCB - Peacemaker.

¡Uno! - too early for me to determine. Maybe Troublemaker?

• 1 year later...

So this thread is like pretty dead but... Man Homecoming has gotta be the most underrated song of Green days career. Holy shit that song is so good, I really wish that green day would play it live..

I've gotta say the more I listen to AI the more I think "She's a Rebel" is criminally underrated. It's just such a blast to listen to.

Nothing is underrated on the Trilogy because it's all a pile of shit. :P

1039- 16

Kerplunk- Who Wrote Holden Caufield?

Dookie- Emenius Sleepus

Insomniac- Tight Wad Hill

Nimrod- Worry Rock

Warning- Deadbeat Holiday

Shenanigans- Desensitized

American Idiot- Homecoming

21st Century Breakdown- The Static Age

Uno- Loss Of Control

Dos- Nightlife

Tre- Sex, Drugs, And Violence

I've gotta say the more I listen to AI the more I think "She's a Rebel" is criminally underrated. It's just such a blast to listen to.

Nothing is underrated on the Trilogy because it's all a pile of shit. :P

I would have liked this but then you went and said bad things about the trilogy..

1039 - Paper Lanterns

Kerplunk - Android (so underrated), One for the Razorbacks, Who Wrote Holden Caufield (best song on Kerplunk, but lower on this list b/c people like it mostly)

Dookie - Having a Blast and Chump (Chump gets overlooked cause of the length and long outro, but it's great.)

Insomniac - Armatage Shanks or No Pride, they're both so well written.

Nimrod - Worry Rock, Jinx and The Grouch. Scattered, Nice Guys Finish Last and All the Time are underrated as well. Nimrod is a strong album.

Warning - Deadbeat Holiday, Waiting (I've heard most people just say "meh" I think it's top 10 GD song.) and Jackass.

American Idiot - Extraordinary Girl, but also Letterbomb and Novacaine. And Are we the Waiting.

21st Century Breakdown - 21st Century Breakdown or Viva La Gloria

Uno - Loss of Control or Oh Love

Dos - Baby Eyes

Tre - Sex, Drugs and Violence or Missing You.

List thread? I know the OP was a long time ago but please pay attention to it, and give reasons for your choices.

Archived