Insomniac's 17th Anniversary

Kill_the_Kia

Today, October 10th, is the 17th anniversary of Green Day's Insomniac!

It's one of my favorite Green Day albums: I love Geek Stink Breath, Brain Stew, Walking Contradiction and 86 ^^

What do you think about Insomniac? Favorite songs?

debocz.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a really "Fuck off, I'm angry" kind of album, and I think it's great. Not my favourite album though, but when you're mad and frustrated works perfect.

My favourite songs on this album:

Stuck with me, 86, Stuart and the ave. Probably because I play bass :P

It's the most punk record that Green Day released.

My favorites songs are Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, No Pride, Armantage Shanks, Westbound Sign and Tight Wad Hill.

This was my favorite Green Day album for a long time.

I love Armatage Shanks. It will always be in my top Green Day songs. If they had put J.A.R. on this, it'd be almost perfect.

Yeah, I think its their most punk album, however i think American Idiot it their punkest song. Its my favorite album, or was, its kind of tied with Dookie at the moment.

Favorites are Stuck with Me, Walking Contradiction, 86, Geek Stink Breath, Armatage Shanks, Tight Wad Hill, and Brain Stew

Ah, Insomniac. Happy birthday! I absolutely adore Westbound Sign. I think it's the song that's stuck with me the most. I can never overplay it. :wub:

Best Green Day album! Written with so much passion, frustration and teen angst. Best song is 86. Best music video of all time is Walking Contradiction. Started listening to this album when I was 10 years old.

I love this album. There's some really great songs on there. I love listening to it when I'm angry, particularly Bab's Uvula Who?

I really like Insomniac it has a raw sound to it which is quite punchy in sounds and in its effect. Love it.

Such a memorable album for me, I actually played my first one to death (RIP haha). It was the fiirst Green Day album I bought, as well as my very first concert. I still remember the first song they played at that show (Stuart and the Avenue). I have been hooked ever since that concert. So many memories associated with so many songs. I shall never forget watching the premiere of Geek Stink Breath on MTV and my friend nearly choking me out when Billie crossed his eyes in the video lol. Ok, I feel like an old fart now.

good album.

and no slow songs here... :happy:

i love Panic song, westbound, stuck wm, no pride...

and i think i love all the songs :wub:

I love this album. It gives off an 'I don't give a shit' feeling and I just love that!

The artwork is also really really good!

The artwork for this record is my favorite of all their albums. As far as the record it's self this album holds a special place in my heart and mind. Back when I was in high school this album and Kerplunk kept me going.

It's my favourite album after AI, I love it. Armatage shanks, Westbound sign and Panic song are my favourite songs (and Walking contradiction as well, obviuosly :lol:)

My favorite album! I used to listen to it when I was having a bad moment in my life, and really helped me overcome. I love all songs! But Westbound Sign, and most of all Stuart and the Ave., have a special place in my heart (it could even be my favorite Green Day song) :wub:

Happy birthday! :runaround:

The best Green Day album and one of the best albums of all time.

The album is so fucked up, aggressive, angry and you can really feel the mental stress they were going through at the time. The lyrics are fucking crazy and fucked up, I love it, it's the album I can relate to most.

Christ almighty, seventeen years?! This one takes me back. I was ten years old, and in the midst of my second move in as many years, as my family had just relocated from Texas to New Hampshire, and now we were moving house again. I got the album through my mom's BMG music club subscription because I loved Dookie, but I never really listened to it much. By and large, anyone I really knew did the same. It just didn't pack that same initial "punch" that Dookie had. Fast forward a few months later, and I was at an up all night party for my first real friend in the state (who'd go on to be a lifelong best friend), and MTV ran a block of Green Day videos, including "Geek Stink Breath" and "Brain Stew/Jaded". I was hooked. I was thrilled that I got to go home and already have the cd waiting for me. Unfortunately, in sixth grade, my copy was stolen, and it wasn't until eons later after I graduated high school that I got around to replacing my copy. Now, we have two kicking around, as my wife also had a copy when I met her. Go figure, huh?

As far as favorites go, this one is saturated. My wife and I both share an unhealthy affection for "Brat". I'm personally fond of "Stuat & The Ave", "Westbound Sign", and "Walking Contradiction".

Archived