Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

Headphones...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Sabz

Sabz
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 38 rep

I have these really nice Skull Candy over-ear headphones, but the wire is on the fritz and therefore won't play music out of my left ear anymore. Would electrical tape work in fixing that/is there a way for me to fix it without buying another pair? They were in the camp of $120 and I don't really want to pay that again, especially since I only got them last Christmas.

Did you get a warranty? Some Sennhieser headphones have a detachable wire so that if it breaks you can just get a new wire not new headphones if thats any interest :)

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,586 rep
Dre's headphones are shit. Lots of bass, but terrible treble range and no noise isolation/cancellation whatsoever.

I'm looking at a few different IEMs that have great reviews in this megathread:
http://www.head-fi.o...-added-11-29-12

Anyone ever use the Dunu DN-12, Astrotec AM-90 or Rock-It Sounds R-20? I'm probably going to end up with one of those three.

pasalacquaian

pasalacquaian
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined Dec 01, 2012
  • 193 rep
Hey so I need a new pair of in ear headphones, and I'd like them to have a really good quality sound. But, as usual I cant afford anything more than a hundred bucks because then I'll be broke :/ Suggestions anyone?

Hey so I need a new pair of in ear headphones, and I'd like them to have a really good quality sound. But, as usual I cant afford anything more than a hundred bucks because then I'll be broke :/ Suggestions anyone?

Didn't mean to just post that three times

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Arse Doctor. PhD/Bloodqueef McOral (and Hitler)

• 14,455 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,829 rep

How's the noise isolation on Skullcandy buds?

quite alright. the titans are fab.

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider
  • Who-ligan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2010
  • 515 rep
Skull Candy is great. I mean yeah you can get better ones but for the price I think they are pretty good. I do use ipod ear buds sometimes too. I think they are decent but they break fast.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • Daddy's had enough now!

• 22,127 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,899 rep
I have earphones that I baught for 5$ :lol:

pieterv

pieterv
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2011
  • 323 rep
I just got new headphones for my birthday, they're awesome.
Sony MDR V55, They cost just under €100 in the retail store, Americans can usually get things cheaper online though…
Posted Image

The negative points in reviews are usually comfort but they feel fine to me, not the most comfortable pair ever but they're fine to me and have such great sound.
Definitely recommend putting these on your list to check out when you're looking to buy.

TheNimrod51

TheNimrod51
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined May 29, 2011
  • 324 rep
If your within the 200$ budget, go for the logitech UE 6000's. I've had SO many problems with my beat solos ( don't judge, idiotic decision on my part.) I finally traded them in for store credit cause I went through 4 pairs within not even a year. Plugged in music to them at best buy. HOLY SHIT. They sound so much clearer compared to beats. I read up before I bought them and all reviews were good. Trust me, the bass is perfect. Not over powering, but just right. You can hear each instrument very well. IMO, you can really hear the quality of them in 99 revolutions. Great sound quality, noise isolation, comfort, just all around great. Won't disappoint.

Hedwig

Hedwig
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,111 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2011
  • 710 rep
Just got my Philips shl9600 back after fixing the cable. Not amazing quality nor bass, but really good enough for me. Awesome compared to any earbuds or in-ears I've ever had though. Noise-canceling, quite comfortable. Like them. Remember liking my JVC ones better though. can't remember the model, but they had better bass.

The wire is a constant problem of mine though. I think I've had about four pairs in the last two/three (?) years. These ones lasted the longest, barely a year.

Milla

Milla
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2009
  • 104 rep
I prefer Sennheiser headphones. They last longer than Skullcandy and also sound better IMO.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit

• 8,767 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,586 rep

I prefer Sennheiser headphones. They last longer than Skullcandy and also sound better IMO.

That's like saying a Porsche will last longer and perform better than a Ford Focus imo.

Milla

Milla
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2009
  • 104 rep

That's like saying a Porsche will last longer and perform better than a Ford Focus imo.

I agree.

I should have made it clearer that I was talking about earbuds that fall into the 30-40 euros category, because those are the ones that I usually get. :)

Miracless

Miracless
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined Jun 01, 2012
  • 222 rep

I use Skullcandy earbuds and they're just great. When I listen to music on my computer I use Colouds though. They're not that good, but I bought them just for their looks.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 14,455 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,829 rep

I use Skullcandy earbuds and they're just great. When I listen to music on my computer I use Colouds though. They're not that good, but I bought them just for their looks.

what model do you have of the skullcandies?

I think there is a sale on these, Skullcandy Titan. I used to have them, but I managed to break the jack by experimenting :(

Miracless

Miracless
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined Jun 01, 2012
  • 222 rep

what model do you have of the skullcandies?
I think there is a sale on these, Skullcandy Titan. I used to have them, but I managed to break the jack by experimenting :(

I have these : http://eu.skullcandy.../ink-d-sc-green . My friend has broken hers many times but mine work very well. Also I'm not that picky with headphones so 20 euros is a reasonable price for me.

Advertising

gumwithatwist

gumwithatwist
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Joined Oct 01, 2011
  • 442 rep

I'm planning on getting new earphones soon. I get bad ear infections from earphones that don't work well, so I really need some good ones that are under $40. I use Marshmallow earphones because they are comfortable, but they don't really last. You guys seem to really like the skullcandy ones, so I think I might get those.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 14,455 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 8,829 rep

I'm planning on getting new earphones soon. I get bad ear infections from earphones that don't work well, so I really need some good ones that are under $40. I use Marshmallow earphones because they are comfortable, but they don't really last. You guys seem to really like the skullcandy ones, so I think I might get those.

The skullcandy earbuds are fine, I've had bad experience with the headsets. If you want quality, go for AKG, I think they have some decent ones in that price. Sony does too I believe.

gumwithatwist

gumwithatwist
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Joined Oct 01, 2011
  • 442 rep

The skullcandy earbuds are fine, I've had bad experience with the headsets. If you want quality, go for AKG, I think they have some decent ones in that price. Sony does too I believe.

Thank you! :) The AKG ones do look really good.

Lady_Rufus

Lady_Rufus
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined Mar 16, 2008
  • 207 rep

Ah, headphones. I've been thinking seriously about investing in a pair recently. But since i would not use them extensively (i.e. not at home as i'd not be able to hear my parents calling and where i do jogging, but would get good use out of them on the bus and around college) i am not willing to pay much for them at all. Particularly as i am beginning to go broke. So my cousin just bought a swanky new expensive set and was going to give his old cheap headphones to me for a mere €10. Ten euro. Elected! But they were a tad clunky. They did look a little dorky. As soon as my sister seen them and knew i was getting them she proceeded to tell me how awful they were. Fair enough, she was somewhat right. But they were ten euro! Though if they looked that bad i decided to pass. But then she mentioned they'd actually look ok on a guy, it was just because i was a girl that they would look stupid on me. Which i thought was the worst argument ever, but i just let it slide eventually 'cos otherwise i'd never hear the end of this insane logic. Like, we got into this god-awful pathetic and downright vicious argument over the aesthetics of these headphones, like only siblings can do. So i figured the headphones weren't even worth it. LMAO. Now i'm just devastated cos i missed out on cheap headphones that didn't work bad at all, that i won't be getting any headphones at all now and the fact that my cousin will be chucking them out cos he doesn't need them anymore.

Though i've been fantasizing about owning skull candy for quit some time now but even now i'm too scabby to buy any. Maybe if i get pocket money for xmas off the 'rents, who knows! Remaining hopeful.

Had the earbuds. Little feckers stopped working on me within a few weeks. Though i think it was something to do with my iPod.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit

• 8,767 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,586 rep

Got a pair of etymotics hf5's on the way. They came highly recommended for a natural, not-too-bass heavy sound (i.e., unlike Dre's crap), and supposedly have just about the best noise isolation on the planet. For 15,000 frequent flyer miles and $30, I'd say they're worth a try.

Harry Potter.

Harry Potter.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,913 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2012
  • 982 rep

Skull Candy just got a whole load better. I was looking through YouTube when I saw this little video:

So apparently they now have a life time warranty for all of their products! :woot:

Lady_Rufus

Lady_Rufus
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined Mar 16, 2008
  • 207 rep

Yay. Scratched my i-want-headphones itch the other day by buying an Atari set. Yes, Atari, as in the guys who made those really old school video gaming consoles for all those retro games. I thought that was pretty neat. Spesh when i seen the price: only €12! And they work just as awesome as anything you'd get for three times the price. Was going to get them in black cos usually i go with neutral colors (plus it would match my iPod) but then i said, fuck it all, i'll go crazy and buy sky blue ones! And when i wear them around my neck, i feel fantabulous!

Skull Candy just got a whole load better. I was looking through YouTube when I saw this little video:

So apparently they now have a life time warranty for all of their products! :woot:

Did not know that, glad i do now, cos my sister has just bought me purple in-ear ones for xmas, and the last ones i had of that kind lasted about three weeks. That estimation seems about right.

kathhh8

kathhh8
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined May 03, 2009
  • 37 rep

These.

http://www.amazon.co...tive headphones

They are the best you can get for under £100.

They use the same drivers as the more upmarket headphones so the sound quality is really good.

Got them off Amazon for like £40! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users