Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Headphones...

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

JeffThreat

JeffThreat
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2008
  • 63 rep
Hey guys i am wondering what type of headphone/earbuds everyone uses to listen to music, i am looking for a great pair.. so basically i am looking suggestions

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,155 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,161 rep
I had some super expensive Bose at one point but they ended up getting fucked up on an airplane. :(

Right now I use SkullCandy Titans, which cost me $35 and have been pretty great.

JeffThreat

JeffThreat
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2008
  • 63 rep

I had some super expensive Bose at one point but they ended up getting fucked up on an airplane. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Right now I use SkullCandy Titans, which cost me $35 and have been pretty great.

my Titans just died on me :(. I want Skullcandy... but i dont know which would be the best

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • I'm a fake doctor. Don't trust me.

• 15,386 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,558 rep
John knows his shit, titans are good, but Bose are what you want if you want pure, raw quality, bum thrust, awesome sound. I'd get those if I could afford them.

I also have to mention the AKG ear buds, they are all great, really crisp sound, if the mp3s are right, you can really hear the pick hit the strings.
Lastly, stay away from Beats by Dr.Dre. I love Dre, but the bass is to overpowering for "regular" music. Those are made for heavy hip hop beats, not rock music like Green Day, MCR and Red Hot Chilli Pepper.

JeffThreat

JeffThreat
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2008
  • 63 rep
http://www.bose.com/...hones/index.jsp

A Basket Case

A Basket Case
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2012
  • 50 rep
I personally just like the 20 dollar Skull candy Ink'd
Great sound from them, and mine have lasted me a year with heavy use... and i mean heavy, like they've been drenched in sweat, submerged in paint, and chewed on by babies.. They finally broke the other day, so i just bought new ones!! 20 bucks isn't a crapton of money, so if you're looking for earbuds, i recomend the Ink'd

Nyla

Nyla
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Joined Aug 12, 2011
  • 390 rep
my dad is a big fan of seinheiser headphones :)
they're a bit more expensive though i think,
and i personally know nothing about them, but just thought i'd share lol
  • Heisenberg and Neon Light like this

LMC

LMC
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Joined Aug 30, 2009
  • 215 rep
The problem I most commonly run into with headphones is that the cable gets damaged, and consequently that the sound on either the left or right channel disappears. I now have these, and they're really nice since the cable is interchangeable. They're meant for DJ use, but they sound great with any type of music.

Of course, the dream for me would be to have wireless headphones. Unfortunately, the good ones are expensive, and they usually don't sound as good as wired alternatives.

Heisenberg

Heisenberg
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2008
  • 400 rep
Anything Sennheiser is usually good.

my HD 515s are the best headphones I've ever had. I can wear them for hours and they never get uncomfortable.

farley drexel hatcher

farley drexel hatcher
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,104 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2005
  • 1,643 rep
I have some of the cheaper seinheiser earbuds and they've been great, got them easily two years ago and still going strong. I wouldn't mind some of their bigger headphones

I got some skull candys - can't remember which type - and it was that worst purchase I have ever made

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 503 rep
I have Bose AE2 headphones they're pretty good. Really good for Green Day and rock music in general just enough bass, clear mids and treble. If want more of some frequencies you can just use an equaliser.

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,725 rep
I wouldn't go for Seinheiser earbuds if you're wanting a decent pair. I had a pair of Sony MDR-EX300SLB earbuds which I bought for about £40 (you can get them cheaper now), and was given some Seinheiser ones worth around £20 more for my birthday. The sound quality was awful in comparison and I ended up going back to my Sony ones after a few tries! They are still the best pair of earphones I've ever owned. Decided to replace them with a more expensive set of Sony ones after they broke (my fault), but they're STILL not as good. Here they are:

Posted Image
Getting nostalgic just looking at them. :(

Can't complain with any big Bose headphones... They're just awesome. Just go on the website or to a shop and have a look for a pair which best suits you, you won't be disappointed. :)

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep
Bose QuietComfort 15. The only thing quiet about them is the fucking JET ENGINE right outside your window that they silence. Easy to fall asleep in, great sound. I don't go on business trips without them, period (although I really should get some noise-isolating earbuds for shorter jaunts, when carrying their huge-ass case around is impractical).

.Holly

.Holly
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • Joined Apr 01, 2009
  • 1,021 rep
I have Dr Dre beats because I got them free with my htc phone. I like them, although I don't think I would have paid full price RRP for them. I haven't noticed an overpowering base, maybe something to do with the settings on my ipod, idk.

mechanicalman

mechanicalman
  • 11,270 posts
  • Joined Oct 07, 2006
  • 1,537 rep
My right headphone is slowly dying. :(

Advertising

Stephanie.

Stephanie.
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Joined Nov 03, 2010
  • 151 rep
Has anyone tried out the new ear pods from apple?

karma1215

karma1215
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Joined Sep 04, 2007
  • 219 rep
I love my Beats by Dr. Dre...made sure I insured them the moment I got them. The first pair I got well...I don't quite remember what happened to those :ermm:

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Iva lies. I'M Crouchy's #1 fan.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,539 rep
I'm looking for some decent in-ear ones that are like these, but nowhere really seems to sell them anymore. I like the bigger Skullcandy ones I have so I'm considering just buying their in-ear ones, but I really don't like the shape of them. They just fall out.

Any suggestions?

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• 13,626 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,755 rep

I'm looking for some decent in-ear ones that are like these, but nowhere really seems to sell them anymore. I like the bigger Skullcandy ones I have so I'm considering just buying their in-ear ones, but I really don't like the shape of them. They just fall out.

Any suggestions?

Like these maybe? http://www.amazon.co...50907952&sr=8-1

I've been using them for years, they're awesome.

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Iva lies. I'M Crouchy's #1 fan.

• 7,326 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,539 rep

Like these maybe? http://www.amazon.co...50907952&sr=8-1

I've been using them for years, they're awesome.

Thanks, I think I'll try them. :)

Drankolz

Drankolz
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 97 rep
Are you looking at big, ear covering headphones, or inears?

BadgerLALA

BadgerLALA
  • Halfling

• 7,311 posts
  • Joined Sep 30, 2006
  • 1,743 rep
I use Urbanears. They are really good :happy: I have a big pair named 'Plattan'. They are really good at shutting out background noises and at giving back the music you are listening to :happy:

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep
I don't really like in-ear personally. I've always gone for circum-aural. Sennheiser are probably the best - I'm currently using a pair of HD448s, though I'm soon buying some HD518s. They both sound great, the latter retailing at about £120. If you're looking for something much cheaper, go with the 448s or even the 215s.

gloria123

gloria123
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2010
  • 447 rep
i just use the cheapest headphones i can find because i break them so often that it's not worth it!

mmmcrazypills

mmmcrazypills
  • Watch out for Mastadons

• 13,030 posts
  • Joined Mar 15, 2006
  • 541 rep
I have a pair of 15$ black sony earbuds from Walmart. I used to spend a lot of money on my headphones but for some reason I always end up mangling the cable. I do wear my headphones a ton though so I get my money's worth. Nothing beats Bose though. It's on my shortlist of "fuck yeah I have a job again lets go spend money!" items.
  • fukingcounterstrike likes this

Samantha

Samantha
  • interstellar gator-skin boots

• 16,310 posts
  • Joined Dec 25, 2004
  • 437 rep
because seriously, FUCK Apple headphones
I exclusively use these badboys and not a single fuck was given.
Posted Image
I prefer in ear rubber speakers, the sound is just LOADS better

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep

Has anyone tried out the new ear pods from apple?

I just got some today with my new phone and they're wonderful. I love them.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,492 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,538 rep
I use the cheapest earbuds I can find (€2 baby!) for cycling to and from places because I always break those after six months (and it's literally always the left one that breaks. Literally all the earbuds I've had, also the original Apple ones, got the left one broken). I assume it has to do with the weird angle and constant movement of the cord in my pocket. And I have this one for other purposes. Not a sound quality junkie so I've no idea how good they actually are, but it's good enough for me :) Only shame is that they're nowhere near as noise cancelling as they're presented to be.

Harry Potter.

Harry Potter.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,913 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2012
  • 982 rep
Guys! I got a question that seems stupid to 99% of humanity! Anyway, I'll dare to ask! Here it is...

I want to get the Beats Studio but I'm afraid my slim head will look stupid in it (because they're so big and all). So should I consider one of the smaller ones (Solo HD, Wireless, etc) or will it be ok in the Studios? :P

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• 3,928 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,582 rep
I had some skull candy earphone and they broke within a week :mad: . My brother has a pair of Dr. Dre beats , and they're really good quality, but I just find headphones so bulky, so I tend to stick to cheap, Asda/Tesco 2- for a pound, earphones. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users