Castaway

pasalaska

I do really like this song. It seems more upbeat than the other tracks on Warning, so it's something that you can get you in the right mood and the the lyrics are just great. Nice pick :happy:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a jaunty tune! It's so catchy and energetic, it makes me want to swing dance or something with that old fashioned rock and roll sound it's got going on. At the same time you've got these brilliant lyrics about doing things your own way and the feelings that come along with that. It's like he's made his choice to do things that way despite what negatives there might be and he's empowered by that decision, I find it an empowering song to listen to. And it says "going at it alone" hehehe :D, I don't believe for a moment that wasn't deliberate and I love that little bit of humour in there. Definitely one of the highlights of Warning.

I think Warning is an awesome album! And I like everyone of the songs on that record! (: It's some feel-good Green Day..well at least to me anyway :dance:

It took me a long time to like this song. I used to really dislike this song for some reason, and I'm not even sure why. But I love it now!

This song reminds me of being around 13-14, being one of the only few kids who were into rock music. We formed a band which we called "kings for a day", then every lunch time, we'd head into this music room and jam out Green Day covers.

Always used to start with Castaway and then Church On Sunday,

Nostalgic memories, always was a big fan of this song

Excellent song, easily one of my favorites off of Warning. That whole album is great to listen to while driving around on a sunny day... also while cleaning your room.

Like this song very much :happy: And it's excellent to give a cool melody to the fact you will be a castaway forever :tired:

One of my favorites. I like listening to it whenever I start a new chapter in my life (listened to it a lot before I started high school, then college, etc). It has a lot of meaning to me in that way... just getting out and experiencing life, not being able to look back. I also love Mike's bass line in this song :wub:

I love Castaway's intro and it's catchy chorus. It wasn'y my favorite when I first heard it, but it grew on me quickly. My friend had to give a speech about the movie Castaway starring Tom Hanks, so I suggested he play this song. It would have been pretty epic! :shok:

Castawayception.

Archived