Green Day on Twilight soundtrack

bri1039

I watched it, couldn't bare watching the video.

So I listened. Then got teary eyes.

This song quite hits me personally. Even though it might be a bit cheesy, it's damn beautifully written and catchy like a cute kitten that I just can't ignore

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can already see it now! Billie in a hoody playing this song on his piano accompanied by Rocky

+_d428ad684cf3da511e05bc07ef5e9c77.gif

I think I figured out why I don't understand the main line of the song :lol: I feel like it should be "Where in the world ARE the forgotten?" not IS the forgotten. Because if it was "are" I would picture a world of lost souls, but when it's "is" I'm like ... huh. Especially followed by "they're lost inside your memory"... so I guess it's not referring to forgotten people but forgotten thoughts or feelings...

Syntax :P

I think I figured out why I don't understand the main line of the song :lol: I feel like it should be "Where in the world ARE the forgotten?" not IS the forgotten. Because if it was "are" I would picture a world of lost souls, but when it's "is" I'm like ... huh. Especially followed by "they're lost inside your memory"... so I guess it's not referring to forgotten people but forgotten thoughts or feelings...

Syntax :P

but it can be about ONE person, then it is "is. xD

Well I told that I was going to upload the video, YEAH! I know there are a lot of videos of it but if you can share mine it would be awesome!

but it can be about ONE person, then it is "is. xD

Right, but the second line says "they" so it's not :P Therefore there's some verbage agreement issues.

I swear I'm not a grammar nazi, I just think it's little things like this that do add up in a song's lyrics where in the end you ask "What's this about?" BOBD succeeded because it made sense at every turn, same for Good Riddance. This has all the musical qualities to match those songs, but is not quite accessible enough lyrically, and that's the only reason I'm nitpicking.

Again I love it, think it's a masterpiece :lol:

haha yea, similar to Beatles in like the guitar "solo" part, very Let it Be, almost, dare I say, Oasis feel, just less whiny. Yea, couldn't bare the video either, but i really want to hear the album before this track, just to make it sound more rewarding, you know?

Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, Oh let it be, Whisper words of wisdom, Let it be...

Please tell me I'm not the only one hearing this O.o

I actually think Billie is singing, "Where in the world's our forgotten?" Anyone else hear that?

Green Day

come on guys. I fucking love the shit out of you but I just CANNOT do this right now. I cannot take this song in whilst watching clips of fucking Bella and Edward.

I know I'm being a bitch, but I don't know. This is really pissing me off man

Green Day

come on guys. I fucking love the shit out of you but I just CANNOT do this right now. I cannot take this song in whilst watching clips of fucking Bella and Edward.

I know I'm being a bitch, but I don't know. This is really pissing me off man

So minimize the screen and just blast the song. It'll be as if there wasn't a video at all.

Let it be, Let it be, Let it be, Oh let it be, Whisper words of wisdom, Let it be...

Please tell me I'm not the only one hearing this O.o

i think you have hearing problems :lol:

just kidding, haha. but no, i've listened to the Beatles my whole life, and no i don't hear that

Ugh, sparkly vampires. But, the song is fucking incredible. This should be the new concert closer

i think you have hearing problems :lol:

just kidding, haha. but no, i've listened to the Beatles my whole life, and no i don't hear that

Haha it's just the piano and the guitar tones I think. That's my favorite Beatles song haha

the video just...no feeling to me and some old clips..nothing new

and as the song...um....i find it a bit boring, make me want to sleep =/

idk, maybe in the context would make it better like oh love

Great song! I'm not sure if it's catchy enough to be as huge of a hit as some of their others, but it's definitely a fitting end to the trilogy and I can't wait to hear it in context.

However, I think I ruined it by watching the video as I listened to it for the first time. That was arguably the worst "professional" video I've ever seen. And we all thought "Oh Love" was bad. :lol:

I actually think Billie is singing, "Where in the world's our forgotten?" Anyone else hear that?

I think you're right. That would make more sense and fix the syntax issues driving Heather crazy (and me as well!). :P

The song isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm still not really digging it :/

so i didnt listen to it but i gonna watch the video (without audio) later this day

is the song really that good? (im not a fan of GD-ballads, i like more the kick-ass songs), but i want to know if the song is a good choice to be the leading song for sth popular like twilight and if the songs is a good choice to be the final song of 37 epic songs in the trilogy? :)

Archived