Green Day on Twilight soundtrack

bri1039

billie has been comparing twilight to the triology couple times now WE SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING!!

whatever it's a shitty movie thats probably gonna be highest grossing movie evarr in the history of the world and lots of

smelly overweight tweens will hear it and....not sure if want

it also sucks its a tre song why cant they just do a dos song cuz thats what's need promoting

I don't think Green Day will have chosen the song, more likely to be Twilight's producers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this doesn't do to the Green Day fandom what it did to the Muse fandom. :mellow:

You guys realize it'll only be like 10-20 seconds of the song right? Anyone complaining that it'll "spoil the end to Tre", then don't listen to it? I don't get that argument at all.

It'll more than likely be the whole thing during the credits.

Guest MadeInRatCity

I hope this doesn't do to the Green Day fandom what it did to the Muse fandom. :mellow:

What happened to the muse fans?

LOL people are so mad about this! I think it's great its better than being in that flop movie the campaign people will actually watch this.

I nearly died last movie first out of boredom and than the BIRTHSCENE and then PEDOWULF FALLS IN LOVE WITH THE BABY lol this movie.i kinda want to watch this only for the creepy scenes with pedowolfguy and mini bella.

I hope the song gets played during the movie so i can always asociate The Forgotten with twilight just like i always do with muse i dunno i just gives me lulz

I don't think Green Day will have chosen the song, more likely to be Twilight's producers

I know :D green day probably doesnt even know this is going on right now nor do they care.

I'm not really a fan of Twilight, but I have read all the books. I honestly don't care that their music will be on the soundtrack.

Also, their soundtracks really don't seem to have bad artists on them.

What happened to the muse fans?

It split the fandom in half. You have the elitist fans vs. the new fans that along after the first time they heard Supermassive Black Hole on the soundtrack. It got everyone into super ugly debates about who was a better fan, which I realize happens anyway on forums etc., but not quite on the same scale. It got to the point where anyone who admitted they liked Supermassive Black Hole was accused of being an awful fan because everyone assumed they heard about it through Twilight. It happened every time they were on one of the soundtracks. The same thing happened with Neutron Star Collision.

I think Twilight is shitty, and I'm not a fan of what it's done to Muse's fan base. It was so fun going on the forums before they were involved with those movies, but since then it's gotten pretty hostile at times. I don't want the same thing to happen anywhere else.

Man I'm tired of trying to justify all these contradictory actions from the band. You can't just rip on apple and then become an iPhone whore. You can't talk shit on countless acts then play a festival with them. You can't say how much you hate a movie and then put a song on the soundtrack. To those who think this is just good promotion, I hope you're right. I hope the guys get some new fans out of it but I just can't defend these moves anymore. How am I supposed to make something that is so obviously a sellout move look like its not? Ive defended these guys countless times but I just can't do it this time.

Don't forget selling censored versions of the album at Walmart now.

I get what you're saying... There are times that they (mainly Billie) don't practice what they preach. And that does hurt them on a credibility level. But at the end of the day, this is all great promotion for the band and they want to sell albums... I'm sure they, just like the rest of us, love to make money from their job.

You guys honestly need to calm the fuck down man. Come on, these guys are needy, I'm sure GD just wanted to help them out.

I'm all for the band trying on new things. Not a big fan of Twilight but I always watch the movies once.

I can't wait for the soundtrack to release. We should appreciate it as we're getting more from the band rather than whining about why they are working with Twilight, it sucks and blah blah.

I dont mind seeing Green Day's song in a Twilight movie.

oh so you're all complaining that more people are going to hear green day that probably would never have given them a chance before? ok.

I'll admit I laughed when I saw this news, but then I realized that Twilight actually usually has awesome soundtracks with Muse and Paramore and Linkin Park, so all this does is makes me doubly excited to hear The Forgotten! Could give two shits what shitty movie it's in. Like Andres' blog mentioning the Campaign and all the other trashy stuff Green Day music has been featured in. This is a great promotional step and doesn't affect me one way or the other.

And in the event this song means GDC is flooded with an onslaught of Twilight fans, well, they won't last long if they don't start to appreciate the rest of Green Day's music, and if they do that, I have no reason not to welcome them with open arms. I'm not going to be a snob toward a tween who found Green Day through Twilight.

I've always liked the Twilight movies' soundtracks. This should be interesting.

WTF you guys? You can hate on Twilight all you want, but you can't deny the movies' soundtracks are amazing. It's always been that way.

I'm not one bit surprised. They were willing to release a video game of themselves - they're gonna be on mainstream soundtracks.

Well, I'm happy about that!! The soundtracks from twilights are usually good! Muse already did a song for twilight! and Anyway it's just another new song for us to listen to! :)

I dunno, I'm still pretty irate about Brainstew being on the Godzilla soundtrack, but that's because I hate Brainstew and Godzilla is a matter of national pride for me.

I'm going to try to put my feelings on this in perspective because I see a lot of people complaining that fans shouldn't be getting all worked up over one song on one soundtrack or that they do this sort of thing all the time. I think the disconnect might be a part of the whole punk or not punk debate. Bands go back on their word all the time. Rock stars are generally sleazy people. For every dogooder there are twenty fucked up, drug addicted, women oglers. Maybe I've had the wrong interpretation the entire time, but I always felt this band stood for something. When I heard 'Holiday' in Accepted it didn't really bug me too much. The film sort of seemed to uplift the 'it's okay to be a loser' message that Green Day also gives and the soundtrack inclusion didn't feel like pandering. I don't watch Michael Bay movies, so I'm not sure how the whole Transformers thing worked out and I thought the political satire of the Campaign worked with 99 Revolutions. I'm sure there are many other movies that include Green Day songs that I just can't think of, but I'm not sure that there is one which they specifically spoke against. That's my biggest problem because frankly, the promotion and lead up to this trilogy has made me question whether the Green Day I always pictured was even anywhere close to accurate. And that's why I'm struggling. It's not them and it's not anyone else or Warner or anything like that... it's me, I had it in my head that these guys were faithful and true to their word. The Oh Love music video really shook me and I'm willing to admit that. I immediately thought of Billie Joe's wife and kids and the quote from the Waiting video which has been repeated on this forum ad nauseum. I don't know how much I was supposed to take at face value and how much was just video aesthetics or story line, but the fact that they went that far said something to me. Oh Love was not sarcastic enough for that to come off as an expose against the typical rock'n'roll lifestyle and the video seemed to glorify the actions if nothing else. Once again, not the band's fault. I created an image in my mind and maybe that's just not who they've ever been. Same goes for this Twilight thing. I heard the band disparage the franchise and I assumed they would stand against it. I may have been mistaken. I heard the band diss overusing technology and consumption of Apple products and then turnaround and join Instagram with regular updates and semi regular Twitter updates from Billie Joe. Maybe I was missing something. More than anything though, for as long as I've been a Green Day fan, I've had this idea in my head that they railed against the mainstream. That they thought the best way to critique culture was to stand just outside of it, right on the doorstep, and hurl things at it. Now I''m starting to see I was wrong. I always rationalized the Reprise signing, but I think they did it to become rock stars. I think all the benefits they're currently reaping are exactly what they imagined and I'm happy for them. I just can't get over my own image of the band yet. I made them out to be something they weren't in my head and maybe that's what is going on with some of the other dissenters here. I'm not sure that we have anyone to blame but ourselves, however, we have trouble verbalizing it and want somewhere to vent our frustration.

Green Day has made fun of Twilight in the recent press KNOWING that they were on the soundtrack. I think that's very 'punk' :lol: Or they're just trying to be douchebags, and either is fine with me!

i dont care that their music is gonna be on a twilight movie.. i just DON'T wanna hear more songs before the album is released :( (except the singles)

3081892+_12401f5e9d246201572134629e5a179a.jpg

I'm not even a particular fan of those bands, but I've always liked the individual songs chosen for the soundtracks. Which is why this news makes me excited for The Forgotten.

In any event, since when did Green Day fans have the right to criticize other bands? *rolls eyes* Bieber, yes. But when it comes to music, we don't exactly have the moral or technical high ground, so I'm not going to hate on Linkin Park or Muse or Paramore.

I'm not even a particular fan of those bands, but I've always liked the individual songs chosen for the soundtracks. Which is why this news makes me excited for The Forgotten.

Linkin Park and Paramore are terrible bands (opinions rite?!) but Muse is alright. I don't think Twilight has particularly great soundtracks like people are saying, they're just not as shitty as the movies so they seem better.

I'm not one bit surprised. They were willing to release a video game of themselves - they're gonna be on mainstream soundtracks.

Not that there is anything wrong with that ?

Archived