Green Day on Twilight soundtrack

bri1039

Mike's statement: "In other words, this is what the label told us to say, and we really didn't have a choice on whether our song would be on the soundtrack or not." :lol:

Whatever, hopefully it'll lead to some record sales for the band.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no one has to agree with everything a band does, but you didn't say that, you said "wow, i've officially given up on this band" - which is ridiculous as this is no different to any other marketing stuff they've done of late, it's just that it's a film that a lot of people hate.

And lol no. But it made me laugh that a few months ago you were proper bum licking green day and now you've got nothing to brag about you're not bothered anymore. just seemed convenient to me.

cba starting anything so won't bother replying to first part, but yeah a lot of their other marketing has also been questionable...

bum licking? ummm just cos i showed interested in two gigs - which i happened to be attending...hardly bum licking.

honestly, even those shows were to fill the gap when my fav band weren't touring/active. hence why it might seem like i'm not bothered so much anymore ;)

"nothing to brag about" if this is info-wise, hahaha you really know nothing. ;):)

a lot of people have trouble distinguishing between their music being involved with outside media and outside media being involved in their music... theres a big difference. the music isnt being changed here, so whats the big deal

Also, again, look at what happened with 21stCB. It was a great (totally in the minority here) album that had absolute shit marketing and promotion, and the sales of the album reflected it.

As far as I see it, why the hell not? There's 3 albums worth of amazing material that people should be made aware of. No matter what happens as far as marketing goes, Green Day will always be Green Day. They're always going to be the band that likes to make the music they wanna make, and put on a great live show to back it up.

Exactly. I personally couldn't care less. It's not like they beat a woman to death.

The way some people are reacting, they might as well have.

When I got the text from GD's twitter saying that they are going to have a song I was like :o but now I'm like :mellow:. I just can't believe people are so butthurt that they will stop being fans. I know it sucks but you have to realize that, yes, being in a band is their way of life and blah blah but it's also their job. Whatever they need to do to get their music out there then they need to do it.

Also, again, look at what happened with 21stCB. It was a great (totally in the minority here) album that had absolute shit marketing and promotion, and the sales of the album reflected it.

As far as I see it, why the hell not? There's 3 albums worth of amazing material that people should be made aware of. No matter what happens as far as marketing goes, Green Day will always be Green Day. They're always going to be the band that likes to make the music they wanna make, and put on a great live show to back it up.

Exactly !

good, the twilight fans could use some green day in their ears. Green day doing the world a service, trying to rescue the children

I might have to actually watch a Twilight movie now.

I've never watched or read Twilight

This is the type of Green Day news I keep to myself and deny if any of my friends ask about it

Lol reading some comments on Green Days facebook page and people are shitting themselves over it. Its hilarious. Who gives a flying fuck

Its not really important. I mean I would never have known nor cared without an announcement. Its just kinda sad that artists have to resort to this now in order to promote their material. They are not changing their music and that is the way a band sells out. I just wish there were better forums for music promotion

I wanna hear Fuck Time in the coming up film "THE PUNXXX - SEXY BIG BUTT&BOOBIE ROCK N ROLL GIRLS GONE WILD!!!", directed by Ron Jeremy. THEN my life's complete.

..seriously, don't google it

They should shorten the title before they get sued.

He means it. Don't Google that shit.

So, Im not trying to blow smoke up their ass or anything, but how is this any different from any other movie soundtrack they've been on in the past? Yeah, its "Twilight" but so what? People are overreacting way too much about this..If you dont like the movie, dont watch it, simple as that..But Green Day being on a movie soundtrack doesn't influence me to watch/not watch a particular movie and it especially doesn't change my views on the band. But that's just me..

Well said. The trilogy need promotion. There must be compromise between Reprise/Warner and Green Day. For me it's clear that label must gain a lot of money.

good, the twilight fans could use some green day in their ears. Green day doing the world a service, trying to rescue the children

I'm Twilight fan :P This movie will be great for me and my friend. She's obsessed with Edward as I am with Billie. Both of us can watch this movie beeing in seventh heaven.

Torn between kitsch and cool. Not sure yet where I'll end up. Persuade me. :)

I wrote a blog post about this

Summary: Green Day doesn't have a history of only allowing their music on quality stuff, and this changes absolutely nothing.

It's more likely there will be a part of the song, not the all the whole song.

You're right. In all Twilight movies there are only part of the songs.

Really there are a hell of a lot worse things a band could do to market an album. These movies have all had pretty good soundtracks. It's a popular series, and I'm sure the song will have some relevance to the movie anyway. (Or just sound pretty cool). I dunno. I mean, the only bad part about this decision is all of the fandom backlash it causes. But I don't see how this is any worse than having a song in that movie "The Campaign".

THOM FUCKING YORKE IS ON THE TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK. IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THOM FUCKING YORKE WHY IS IT SUDDENLY "GREEN DAY SELLING OUT"?

THOM FUCKING YORKE IS ON THE TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK. IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THOM FUCKING YORKE WHY IS IT SUDDENLY "GREEN DAY SELLING OUT"?

Because it is the necessary follow-up question for every action, inaction, decision, statement, or opinion from the band. :rolleyes:

Haha this thread.

Muse made a great song for Twilight, I'm fine with this, they're joining good company.

Archived