Green Day on Twilight soundtrack

bri1039

It's just another case of marketing to a new customer rather than an existing one.

Exactly. I personally couldn't care less. It's not like they beat a woman to death.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why Warner don't get that this really isn't very good promotion.

Though it's not my problem so whatevs.

wut? i can still enjoy their music (for the most part) and being a fan of a band does NOT mean you have to approve of EVERYTHING a band does, that's just being deluded. you don't have to like everything, simple as.

and this is just laughable, imho.

did you pick on my post because i previously (actually) knew stuff early or....if so, wow.

that should have nothing to do with it, mmm.

No, no one has to agree with everything a band does, but you didn't say that, you said "wow, i've officially given up on this band" - which is ridiculous as this is no different to any other marketing stuff they've done of late, it's just that it's a film that a lot of people hate.

And lol no. But it made me laugh that a few months ago you were proper bum licking green day and now you've got nothing to brag about you're not bothered anymore. just seemed convenient to me.

This tbh.

wow, i've officially given up on this band, they'll do anything for the money/to promote their records. thought they were better than this tbh :/

d'awwww like every other band on the planet..hmmm your logic fails me

wow im disgusted... used to be my favorite band.

How could you? you are dead to me. :'(

you just lost 10% of your fanbase, the rest just lost almost all of their respect for you.

That's it. They have finally sold out too much. I'm deleting every album after dookie and im not buying the new ones.

Just a few examples... :rolleyes:

oh my :rolleyes:

Really? Who gives a fuck no one forcing anyone to buy the soundtrack or view the movie

they were on the transformers soundtrack weren't they? kinda the same levels of film suckage there, Green Day.

I don't get why Warner don't get that this really isn't very good promotion.

Though it's not my problem so whatevs.

Umm actually it is good promotion. I dont like twilight as do others but it has a MASSIVE Fanbase. In terms of promotion they couldnt ask for better

I don't really see how this affects any existing fans (except for getting to listen to a song earlier than expected) to the point of being angry or pissed etc... Sure, we don't exactly want Green Day to be affiliated with something like Twilight, but they wouldn't do it if they expected a bad outcome. It'll get their name out there to a younger crowd and may increase sales of the trilogy. No reason for this to be a "OH NO!" moment :lol:

oh my :rolleyes:

although this one tops it off

This post gave me cancer. And now I'm going to the shop to but razor blades, bleach and a strong rope

what an absolute twat.

It's just a song in a movie, everyone calm the fuck down. What about 99 Revolutions in The Campaign? What about Welcome to Paradise in Surf's Up? What about 21 Guns in Transformers?

I get it's Twilight and shit but honestly, it's not the end of the world.

although this one tops it off

This post gave me cancer. And now I'm going to the shop to but razor blades, bleach and a strong rope

what an absolute twat.

Tell em ill pay for the blades and rope...

This tbh.

wow, i've officially given up on this band, they'll do anything for the money/to promote their records. thought they were better than this tbh :/

Really? Its not like they're going around in person and saying:

"Hey you! I'll suck your dick if you buy our album!"

This whole "punk" thing is fucking annoying.

In my eyes, and I don't care if this insults any "punks" (haha) around here or pisses em off.

Punk to me is just a mixture between the words Pussy and Funk.

Its not suppose to be a standard, and there's way too much semantics.

Real "punks" don't have dyed hair or mohawks. They don't wear spiked bracelets, l

eather jackets or Vans/Converse. That's an image associated with it, which also ironically is a contradicition to what a lot of people seem to think punk is about. I call it the target society. The majority make up a circle. There are little dots around the circle which symblize *individuals". Now large chunks of the center are being ripped off (symbolizing people finding their "individuality") annd it soon forms a solid ring around the center. "Individuals" and "punks" become a part of something. See what I'm saying? They become a PART OF SOMETHING. They are no longer "individuals" like they believe. Everyone is already an individual, so you're basically breaking away from the individuals to become an "individual" amongst other "individuals". Its bullshit.

People complain about the marketing of the trilogy and now you complain when they actually do something smart. You may not like Twilight but if you hate green day now over this you are really insecure. I could maybe see going crazy over angry birds and I for one freaked out about that, but now I realize that you can't get your panties in a knot over silly things like this. Green Day is a big label money maker. Do they necessarily love that, I don't think so, but it doesn't change the fact they are still green day. They aren't that different than they were 25 years ago. Green day has been a big label band since dookie, jus because their music isn't as punk anymore shouldn't mean crap. Alll artists do these things, they aren't bad people now or something. They aren't greedy, they are just doing what they signed up for a long time ago. They wanted a better life, they wanted to be a different kind of punk band and reach a ton of people with their message. I even get the feeling that they regret signing today because in interviews they've said they don't know if they would make the same decision if they had to do it all over again. The music still has the same message. The label is greedy not the band. Get it straight.

Okay, so my first reaction was an infinite "nooooooooooooo" too, but then I thought about it.

First off, you can't really blame Green Day, they are obviously bound by some expectations from the label, if not mostly controlled by them, commercially at least.

They have time and time again joked about Twillight in a friendly manner, I don't think they even like the movies, but they see no harm in it, and neither do I really. It's just a cultural phenomenon as Mike so truthfully put it, and in many ways we will only get positive things out of this. Green Day won't change because of it, because they won't ever be tied to the franchise because they are already an established band, unlike some newcomers who might get famous for a song on the soundtrack and then, boom "that twillight band". As far as I'm concerned, the only thing us fans who are pretty indifferent to the whole Twillight thing might experience from this, is future comments like "yeah, I heard that new Green Day song, i really like it, can you recommend anything similar they've done?", and we can go "well, try looking up their new release iTre! then". We might also see a rise in younger, mostly female fans and let's be honest, that's a huge fucking deal nowadays, and alot of the American Idiot success was on that account. Better they discover Green Day than anything else out there, even though it's for something the rest of us don't consider "cool" or "representative" in a Green Day perspective. I'm happy just to see Green Day get success, cause that means they'll be able to reinvent themselves and stay creative, and by the end of the day I just want good music and some kickass live shows in my area, and I also know that Green Day is, besides being a band, a huge business with many involved.

Whatever. I think it's really good promotion for them. And the past Twilight soundtracks have had some decent songs on them, despite how awful the movies are.

Also this news reminded me of this...

10rqzpg.gif

:lol:

its kind of funny because all these people would have never known about this if it wasnt announced... but since they know oh my god now the music is shit!! oh people...

I have tickets to the opening day just for this song.

I hope it's actually in the movie, not just the soundtrack.

I wanna hear Fuck Time in the coming up film "THE PUNXXX - SEXY BIG BUTT&BOOBIE ROCK N ROLL GIRLS GONE WILD!!!", directed by Ron Jeremy. THEN my life's complete.

..seriously, don't google it

I wanna hear Fuck Time in the coming up film "THE PUNXXX - SEXY BIG BUTT&BOOBIE ROCK N ROLL GIRLS GONE WILD!!!", directed by Ron Jeremy. THEN my life's complete.

Still sounds like a better love story than twilight. :D

Archived