Which album do you associate Welcome To Paradise with?

Nebula

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uno?.... damn, wrong album

Yeah Dookie, because isn't welcome to paradise only on the reprise version? :lol: I'm probably wrong with that

Dookie because when it's played on the radio they say "Welcome To Paradise from Green Day's album Dookie". But it does go through my mind that it was on Kerplunk.

Dookie, 'cause that was the first version i heard. i didn't know the song was on Kerplunk aswell until like a year later x3

Dookie. First version i heard, didn't manage to get Kerplunk til well after.

Wasn't there plans to also do a new recording of Going To Pasalacqua for Dookie but it was abandoned?

Dookie. It's the first Green Day song I can remember hearing, back around the time I think it must have come out, though I don't remember details (early 90s, I was very young :lol:). And when I decided "Hmm... that Green Day has some new stuff coming out... lemme look for something I know," I bought Dookie because I saw "Welcome to Paradise" and "When I Come Around" on it. (I also had known Basket Case, though I didn't realize that is what it was called).

Dookie, even though I usually say the first wins. It's just associated more with Dookie. (Being a single, and the version that is played in movies/commercials/radio)

Wasn't there plans to also do a new recording of Going To Pasalacqua for Dookie but it was abandoned?

I would kill to hear that.

Dookie, although I much prefer the Kerplunk version

Definitely Dookie. I heard it from that albums first, and I think it sounds better, *perfect*.

I think you're mistaking it for 409 In Your Coffee Maker. There were plans to maybe include a re-recorded version of 409 on Dookie but they nixed that idea. You can hear an unmixed version of the re-record on the Basket Case single.

I think you're mistaking it for 409 In Your Coffee Maker. There were plans to maybe include a re-recorded version of 409 on Dookie but they nixed that idea. You can here an unmixed version of the re-record on the Basket Case single.

THAT'S what i'm thinking of. Yeah, woulda preferred a re-vamp of 409 to Pasalacqua. Never seen why Pasalacqua is always seen as a sort of single off 1039. There are better songs on it.

Archived