Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Homeland

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • http://ask.fm/ceadog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep
oh and you can watch international channels? 

Yep, but you have to pay something like $5 a month.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • Daddy's had enough now!

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

Yep, but you have to pay something like $5 a month.
Oh that sucks

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep
Oh that sucks

5 bucks a month is good if you can't watch them any other way.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep
oh and you can watch international channels? 

I can't answer that (although it appears others did) but it's more of a service where some international programs are offered, I think. Like, Prisoners of War happens to be on there, but it's not like it connects you to the Israeli channel that originally aired them. And it provides subtitles, which is the only way I could watch :lol:

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • Daddy's had enough now!

• 22,132 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,901 rep

I can't answer that (although it appears others did) but it's more of a service where some international programs are offered, I think. Like, Prisoners of War happens to be on there, but it's not like it connects you to the Israeli channel that originally aired them. And it provides subtitles, which is the only way I could watch :lol:
I think I know what you mean :) did you watch something else in other language?

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep

Why the Son On 'Homeland' Will Grow Up to Be a Terrorist :lol:

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep
Why the Son On 'Homeland' Will Grow Up to Be a Terrorist  :lol:

But he's a robot ... maybe he'll become a drone :lol:

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep
But he's a robot ... maybe he'll become a drone :lol:

Definitely a Nasir sleeper agent :lol:

Peyton Sawyer

Peyton Sawyer
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined Aug 06, 2012
  • 31 rep

Love this show.

San Miguel

San Miguel
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2011
  • 371 rep

Homeland is back!!! (ok it was a week ago in the UK)

Anyone else watching series 3??

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep

Not liking this season at all. =/

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep

Yeah it's been poor enough so far. Hasn't really gotten going at all.

San Miguel

San Miguel
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2011
  • 371 rep

Agree - the first episode was slow but I thought ahh they are just breaking us in.  the second episode was even slower.  Brody makes an appearance in episode three tonight though so I'm hoping for better things.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep

OK, tonight doesn't excuse last week's mess of an episode, but HOLY SHIT. Well played.

I'm curious about what Dar Adal was doing in the hospital, though. Is he in on the con, too, or was he truly trying to keep Carrie away from Saul? Either way, I find him sketch as fuck.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep

Yeah that was a huge improvement. The plot actually started going somewhere after a 3 episode set up.

Advertising

justcause

justcause
  • Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2005
  • 805 rep

I think the writing is a bit crappy this season - like, not in the sense of the plotting or such, but the actual dialog.  The lines are not as sharp, and some of it's just lazy and banal.  I don't care about the plot being all over the place ; Homeland tends to start off that way, then it comes together, probably falls apart again, and somehow comes to some or other temporary conclusion.  I like that. :)

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,616 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,279 rep

Did anyone else think that the whole Jessica going to Carrie for help thing was incredibly lazy and stupid story writing? I mean, of all the dumb ways to connect them back up and then give them an excuse to have Carrie on her own again. It's just stupid.

justcause

justcause
  • Marvel

• 3,734 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2005
  • 805 rep

I felt like it didn't ring true - if felt like a contrived thing to throw some conflict into Carrie's path, along with the Brody angle to it.  Putting Jessica in a situation where she has to come to 'the other woman' for help should have been something intense, but they didn't build it from Jessica's side, so it just seemed spurious.  Also think they've screwed up Jessica's character this season - she's always come across as strong, capable of being ruthless even, and smart.  All of that seems to have been thrown to the wind - and really, I can take on board that her situation could make her an emotional mess, but not that it would alter her fundamentals.  Like, she didn't wake up stupid.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 17,110 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 4,291 rep

I felt like it didn't ring true - if felt like a contrived thing to throw some conflict into Carrie's path, along with the Brody angle to it.  Putting Jessica in a situation where she has to come to 'the other woman' for help should have been something intense, but they didn't build it from Jessica's side, so it just seemed spurious.  Also think they've screwed up Jessica's character this season - she's always come across as strong, capable of being ruthless even, and smart.  All of that seems to have been thrown to the wind - and really, I can take on board that her situation could make her an emotional mess, but not that it would alter her fundamentals.  Like, she didn't wake up stupid.

I get exactly what you mean. I'm almost wondering if the writers are purposefully trying to fuck with the Brody family so that Showtime will FINALLY let them kill Brody and subsequently caring about their characters. :lol:

justcause

justcause
  • Marvel

• 3,734 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2005
  • 805 rep

I get exactly what you mean. I'm almost wondering if the writers are purposefully trying to fuck with the Brody family so that Showtime will FINALLY let them kill Brody and subsequently caring about their characters. :lol:

Well, it's understandable that they wanna keep Brody, because Damien Lewis is fucking stellar.  He's also Carrie's big deal - but, when push came to shove, her job was the bigger deal.  Like, you could never see Carrie giving it all up to go on the run with Brody.  What they could have done is to go wider, and shift perspectives on some stuff.  Rather than bringing his family in front and center in the first episodes, they could have left a space where you wonder what's happening to them, and then take a look at that.  I don't think they need to kill Brody off, because you're always gonna be interested in what's happening to him ; whether he can be a player - or rather, a pawn - again is something else, but yeah, I can see the possibility.  Yeah, Brody's been everyone's pawn - I'd like to see him realize that, get furious and become some kind of revolutionary leader. 

San Miguel

San Miguel
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2011
  • 371 rep

Wow a whole episode without Brody's family ;)

The series is picking up pace but I am kind of disappointed at the lack of Damian Lewis - just because he is so good in it.  They (literally) locked his character away with a believable storyline but ultimately I can't help thinking the real reason is because Damian was busy filming other things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users