What's your favorite song off ¡Uno!

Fuzz

Favorite Song On ¡Uno!  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a toss-up, really. Kill The DJ, Troublemaker, Sweet 16...

I always have a really hard time picking favorite tracks when so many of them hit notes (figuratively) that strike me so nicely XD.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm gonna say Troublemaker because it's my favorite one out of the ones on the album that i didn't hear before the album itself was released. although i really love Oh Love and Carpe Diem. :3

It's really hard to pick a favourite as I love all of them... but I would say it's Stay the Night. Already loved it when I heard the soundcheck version back in 2010.

All of the song are Great i could not pick a favorite song...

But i voted "Stay The Night" because that song i was most excited for to hear, and it is a awesome song...

<3 <3 <3 Sweet 16 <3 <3 <3 ... but I also love Let Yourself Go, Nuclear Family, Kill the DJ, Rusty James ..... et al ...

I like Sweet 16 because

1. It's about Adie :wub:

2. It reminds me of Best Coast. It's sooo laid back and has that California dreamy vibe. Billie's voice is also extremely dreamy in this song.

3. I can relate to the lyrics the same way that I can relate to Westbound Sign. (Except for me it's Southbound ;) )

Rusty James I'm pretty 'eh' about. The lyrics seem bland..or just..average Green Day lyrics. Some metaphor about beating hearts, going to some great "divide", comedies and tragedies, yatta yatta yatta.

I would actually prefer they rename the song back to "Last Gang in Town" since it's repeated so many times.

Its not about Addie its about his son Joey. Hi turned 16 this year

You didn't have to PM this to me as well as quote me.

And unless Joey is a girl, I'm pretty sure it's about Adie and their 16th wedding anniversary.

Joey is also 17 years old by the way.

dcy6g7.png

Sweet 16 is about Addie and their 16th anniversary.

"On a more cheerful note, "Sweet 16" is an unabashed lovesong to Amstrong's wife, Adrienne, written as a gift to her for the couple's 16th anniversary."

"'Sweet 16' is about being in a relationship for a really long time", Amstrong says. "The first verse is about my relationship with Adrienne when we first met. And the second verse is more about our relationship now. And just how time passes and just kinda, 'Wow, we're still here and still together.'"

Source: http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/172/7/

I just love Loss Of Control. It's one of the main ones on the album that I always find myself putting on repeat.

Top 3 for me.

Let yourself go

Kill the dj.

Stay the night.

I really love this album. In my opinion the weak songs are sweet 16, angel blue and loss of control.

It's sooooo hard to choose!! I love every single song! But if I was forced into it, I think I'd have to say my top favorites, in no particular order, are Nuclear Family, Kill the DJ, Sweet 16 (Billie's voice in this one just makes me melt :wub: ), and Oh Love.

Stay the Night <3

Both lyrically and musically this is the best track to me...I've had it on repeat for several hours now.

I gotta go with Nuclear Family. Its just so perfect, and a great way to start the album. I honestly really dislike Loss of Control though, it just seems like it was something that was written for Nimrod but didn't make it.

YAY! A POLL! :dance:

This was tricky!!! I chose Nuclear Family, but it was so close between this, Let Yourself Go, and Angel Blue!!

Also I feel sad for Oh Love. :S It's OK Oh Love, I do love you....I just love the above three songs a bit more.....

oh my god I can't stand the intro to Stay the Night. The first 15 seconds..nope.

I totally agree. I love the song, but the intro?? No thank you.

So glad i joined GDC....for stuff like this....

that being said Stay The Night is hardly Basket Cse.............dont get the obsession with that song.....

Archived