¡Uno! chart performance

Requila

It reached #3 in Canada.

I think the marketing for UNO was done a bit strangely. Obviously it's going to be a tough task for Warner to handle, but to me it feels like it was marketed to people who were already green day fans.

The world really only got Oh Love, and ktdj and lyg were only available on iTunes after a specific search. It was a poorly chosen single, after hearing the rest of the album (and was probably chosen because of its lack of swearing, therefore no alterations needed for a radio-friendly cut).

I hope dos marketing is done much better.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It reached #3 in Canada.

I think the marketing for UNO was done a bit strangely. Obviously it's going to be a tough task for Warner to handle, but to me it feels like it was marketed to people who were already green day fans.

The world really only got Oh Love, and ktdj and lyg were only available on iTunes after a specific search. It was a poorly chosen single, after hearing the rest of the album (and was probably chosen because of its lack of swearing, therefore no alterations needed for a radio-friendly cut).

I hope dos marketing is done much better.

I agree. It's been a dream marketing era for us already-existing Green Day fans, but kind of questionable from an outside perspective. Most of the world has only heard one single at this point, and it didn't really splash big time, so you'd think there would be another major radio release.

i would say the rankings in charts for UNO is very good..i wonder how DOS will be

In Ireland UNO has dropped from #3 in week 1 to #11 in week 2. Mumford and sons held on to the #1 spot despite the new release from Muse :o

I have to listen to 10 hours of shitty mainsteam radio each weekend while I work, and I haven't once heard any of the new Green Day singles. And this is a station that slaughtered AI with overplaying back in the noughties. While I don't really want to hear GD played alongside Beiber and Flo Rider, it does seem a bit weird (especially since the album is at no. 2 here). And it would be a much appreciated break for me. If I hear that new Taylor Swift song one more time I might actually die.

Also: the internet just told me Gangnam Style is the no 1 single here. What.

It may not be much, but Kill the DJ is still in the as-voted-by-radio-listeners list in Belgium. :)

It's been in top 30 since its release, and it's slooowly climbing (from 8 to 6 this week).

Oh Love is still in there as well, but that dropped from 16 to 30 this week.

¡Uno! climbed from 12 to 6 in the national top album list.

I have to listen to 10 hours of shitty mainsteam radio each weekend while I work, and I haven't once heard any of the new Green Day singles. And this is a station that slaughtered AI with overplaying back in the noughties. While I don't really want to hear GD played alongside Beiber and Flo Rider, it does seem a bit weird (especially since the album is at no. 2 here). And it would be a much appreciated break for me. If I hear that new Taylor Swift song one more time I might actually die.

Also: the internet just told me Gangnam Style is the no 1 single here. What.

I haven't heard any of Green Day's songs on the radio either! Like not even once! But that's why I listen to my ipod in my car..I get to hear all the Green Day that I want! And OH MY GOD...What is the deal with Gangnam style! Don't get me wrong..I like K-pop..but there are a lot of K-pop songs out there! I know it's catchy..but so are all the other K-pop songs. Gosh, it's amazing how much damage one youtube video can do :P

Uno! is #9 in French charts way ahead of Mumford & Sons, their album is #81 quite surprisingly. I guess French people like listening to French music, I never liked French music. But I think it's a quite good position for an American band in France. I didn't hear any of the new singles on mainstream radio though.

:woot: oh my gawd

tUE8N.png

:runaround::dance:

awesome :woot: ...in germany Mumforts and Sons and Xavas were before Green Day...but awesome how all three albums kicked away the No 1 album of last week :lol: ..and there comes the next awesome thing: i like all artists from place 1-4 in the album charts (though well, i don't know Mumfort and Sons too good)...and No8 as well :P ...it usually never happenes :lol: (happened the last time in 2009 when Michael Jackson had the biggest part in the charts :D)

I'm not at all surprised Uno debuted relatively well and then bottomed out instantly. Everyone who was going to buy Uno (i.e. big Green Day fans, and they are many), was going to buy it the first week, and without a hit single and no iTunes promo, hardly anyone else would think to purchase it. The article says this is a bad sign for the next albums, but I don't think that necessarily has to be the case if Green Day pulls out a hit single (which Stray Heart should be if properly released to radio, and The Forgotten may very well be).

I'm not at all surprised Uno debuted relatively well and then bottomed out instantly. Everyone who was going to buy Uno (i.e. big Green Day fans, and they are many), was going to buy it the first week, and without a hit single and no iTunes promo, hardly anyone else would think to purchase it. The article says this is a bad sign for the next albums, but I don't think that necessarily has to be the case if Green Day pulls out a hit single (which Stray Heart should be if properly released to radio, and The Forgotten may very well be).

Yeah, not to mention the fact the band pulled all promotion from the week it came out and still hasn't been able to promote it. If they're back out there when Dos comes out I expect it to do well. I'm not sure if it'll have a stronger debut than Uno, but I'm hoping it can keep in the top 10 for more than a week.

You're kinda right... But Green Day also needs to promote the albumms and advertise more. A real video for Stray Heart may work too. I think if GD does well for the next two albums there's chance for Uno's sales to improve.

I agree with Andres and Jaymee. Advertising was strange this album. Not only was there a lack of singles but with Billie in rehab, many of the promotional shows were cancelled leaving the outside world kind of oblivious that there even was a new Green Day album. And if they did hear there was a new album, they had to go off of "Oh Love" to give them the idea of the album (which I think was a poorly chosen single considering the other options.) I did hear Oh Love on the radio once when the single was first released but I don't listen to the radio often.

Anywho, they are at #11 here right now.

Kill the DJ is still doing well in Belgium. Not necessarily for single sales, but it's still climbing up the charts that are voted by radio listeners... which is more important to me anyway. I hardly ever listen to the radio, but I've heard the song played a few times.

This week it's at #5.

As for the new single, Stray Heart: I'm 99% sure that it won't be a hit here, but we'll see!

• 3 months later...

So I checked the Billboard 200 today and did not see UNO on it anymore. Please tell me I just missed it or something. Is it really not on the charts anymore? This is along with DOS

Archived