¡Uno! chart performance

Requila

I think it's nice to have a place to discuss the chart positions of ¡Uno! :)

The album came in at number #8 of the Dutch weekly album chart, #12 at the Belgium one.

To compare, 21st Century Breakdown debuted at #4 and #2 respectively. Mumford & Sons new album (Babel) debuted at #2 in both countries.

Feel free to post the chart performances of other countries :happy:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNO was No.3 in the Irish Music Charts also beaten by Mumford & Sons and The Script

21st Century Breakdown reached No.2

The US won't get official chart numbers from Billboard til Oct. 3. So we've got a few days to wait. But I saw one article predicting they'd get the number 2 spot.

I've already said this, but the fact that more people are buying the new Mumford & Sons album over the new Green Day album is disheartening. I read that Mumford is projected to sell 400,000 copies, while ¡Uno! is projected to sell around 150,000 copies.

I've already said this, but the fact that more people are buying the new Mumford & Sons album over the new Green Day album is disheartening. I read that Mumford is projected to sell 400,000 copies, while ¡Uno! is projected to sell around 150,000 copies.

Dude Mumford and Sons are awesome

I'm not a huge Mumford and Sons fan myself, but I'm much happier with them in the number 1 slot than a lot of other current artists I can think of :P

Damn, I totally remembered 21stCB making number 1 here but it didn't. :mellow: Weird.

I think if Green Day released another single properly (say, Carpe Diem) and it got radio backing (which I think is key to the charts over here) and had an awesome, proper music vid, they could climb to 1 but it's doubtful.

Aw, it's a shame. I can kinda see there being a downward trend with Dos and Tre then..

Still, 3 is good in such a musically warped time! :lol: Well done Green Day. :wub:

Damn, I totally remembered 21stCB making number 1 here but it didn't. :mellow: Weird.

I think they were beaten to the top spot by Eminem :mellow:

I think a new single from ¡Dos! (most likely "It's Fuck Time" but who knows?) will help surge ¡Uno! higher in the charts. They haven't had a proper single since "Oh Love"

@Alan86 Yeah, I was gonna say, I thought that. Ugh, what is with the Irish's love for him? Bleh.

I dunno, I'll admit I liked 1 or 2 of his earlier songs but never enough to actually purchase an album :lol:

I don't really care for album sales anyway. Concert ticket sales are more important. I just hope if they come here they get a full venue.

In the UK it's number 2 behind Mumford & Sons. Sigh.

That's only the midweek chart, though. It might overtake/be overtaken.

@Alan86 Yeah, I was gonna say, I thought that. Ugh, what is with the Irish's love for him? Bleh.

Haha I don't even know that he does that well over here and I live right near Detroit where he is from...

Album sales are important, though. Yeah it's true with the current state of music the sales they're getting are still very impressive, but it's still a little disheartening. I don't know enough from Mumford & Sons to have an opinion on them (I heard one song ages ago; don't remember what it sounded like, but I remember liking it). But it could be that perhaps they're more "on" with whatever people want to hear right now. Green Day... they're always Green Day, regardless of what people want to hear.

I dunno, I'll admit I liked 1 or 2 of his earlier songs but never enough to actually purchase an album :lol:

I don't really care for album sales anyway. Concert ticket sales are more important. I just hope if they come here they get a full venue.

He's talented for sure and I like some of his songs but I hate what he did to hip hop (hate the whole noughties rap trend in general - basically hip hop with no soul) and he just depresses me nowadays tbh. :lol: I more just don't understand why Irish people seem to love him so much. Wouldn't think his words would connect with people here as much as they seem to. Anyways why am I talking about Eminem? :lol:

I think it's cool when Green Day does well on the charts - It's my only time really observing them in a positive way and I enjoy their exposure. I also want them to do well so they can continue to have the freedom they have with the label. Also, because they deserve it. But that's about it, I don't really care otherwise. Ugh, yes. Everyone knows how I feel about wanting them to have their own show!!

In the UK it's number 2 behind Mumford & Sons. Sigh.

That's only the midweek chart, though. It might overtake/be overtaken.

Ah, not bad! Idk where this random Mumford and Sons hype came out of when they were just a normal band like...last week. :|

Finnish album chart hasn't released yet, but I think we're getting that info on this weekend and I think it'll reach Top5 for sure :)

maybe im just blind..but i cant find UNO in this weeks top 100 albums list here in germany (UNO will probably be listed next week)...?

Mumford and Sons fucking blows. I honestly don't understand how/why they are popular. It's disheartening actually.

That being said, I just hope our boys chart well here in the US. It would be nice to see :-)

i really dislike Mumford and Sons... ._. (sorry) and no it's not because of their postition in the charts.. i just dont like their music at all

Billboard predicts Uno to bow at #2, which isn't bad. Hopefully people will see it's a good album and the sales will increase. I don't know when Mumford and Sons got popular, but they can't keep selling 600,000 albums every week (that's what they are predicted to sell). I would never expect sales like that from that band.

On the other hand, Uno is number 1 on Amazon! Woo! It would be on iTunes if they advertised.

Yeah I definitely think the record would be doing better if there were an iTunes spot for it :/. Hopefully they advertise Dos on there...

Yeah it is very weird :/. I had to really search for Oh Love when it came out, too, and Let Yourself Go... Not only is it not advertised but you have to specifically look for it - not on any of the new releases lists or anything.

I'm thinking the iTunes charts are gross sales, and I'm also thinking not many are aware that Uno released this week and I also believe that to be related to it's lack of marketing. But, there are plenty of other factors in play and it's hard to say how many will sell in the long term. My guess is as the trilogy progresses, more people will become aware and sales will boost as a result, given advertising is AT LEAST on par with Uno

The only reason i want it to do well is for the boys sake. Otherwise i dont follow sales. im not sure how its doing over here.

Archived