Billie getting treatment for substance abuse.

Jaddedkitten

Apparently they didn't get their set cut, so who knows what happened.

I know they are now saying that their set has not been cut, but until one day before the show there was a "Time Plan" on the IHeart Radio website and all the shows were around 40 to 45 minutes only green days show was 1h 30m (so double the length) i don't know maybee this was just a mistake on the website but for me it seems that it got really cut...

but this seems a little bit pointless to me right now maybee it was a good thing if he really gets help now... who knows

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a serious problem but one that could be cleared up in a week or two but who knows it could be much worse we will just have to wait to find out i guess. I just hope he gets better for himself, his family, and friends!

Green Day are pulling off all the publciity stunts this weekend. I see it as no coinsidence that they are all over the press all of a sudden and they have a new album out on Monday.

You have your right to say your opinion (though please from now on in the default text), but I hope you know what you're about to unleash on yourself.

Green Day are pulling off all the publciity stunts this weekend. I see it as no coinsidence that they are all over the press all of a sudden and they have a new album out on Monday.

Please shut up.

Can't tell if your trolling or not, but out of all "publicity stunts" why would Billie go to a fucking rehab center?! That's not a stunt in the fucking least.

Can you guys stop saying "if it's alchohol it's not as serious" What makes you think it's not as serious; people take months to recover fully from alchohol addiction and it's a friggin DRUG that just happens to be legal in the U.S. Try not to be so dismissive

I'm not even sure if you're joking or not.

As someone who's lost family to "substance abuse", I can tell you it's not fucking funny. It's not a time to goof around about it either. Not attacking you personally, but the things I am seeing all over the place. UGH.

i am happy for him, really. If him and his band mates think his he has an issue and wants to get help. thats awesome. I just put a girl i care about in rehab because of her substance abuse.

I believe he's okay, just needs to put the bottle down. This is probably something the label made him do, because he sure looked happy in that Instagram pic.

yeah, and Bieber will be a new Green Day member.

There's a million possible reasons for this news coming out, but I think the most help any of us can give to Billie is his privacy.

I bet this is all because of touring. I bet he just likes to have a few drinks before hitting the stage and it's probably just got to the point where his drinking before shows was starting to have a negative affect on his performance. I doubt he has a problem in his regular day to day life while at home

if only it were a publicity stunt.

now, kindly shut up.

Yeah, but there's a difference between telling yourself "It could be anything" and straight up jumping to "Oh, so I guess it was drugs then, not alcohol." which is what many people were saying.

Which is a stupid thing to say, since alcohol is as damaging as drugs.

God I hope he gets better soon. =/

They try to make me go to rehab, I say "ONE FUCKING MINUTE!"

....Sorry :ninja:

Are you fucking kidding me? You think this is a publicity stunt? Last I checked this sort of thing isn't something that improves public opinion. This is a serious issue, that if anything, will negatively affect album sales. This isn't something to be taken lightly. Billie is being responsible and getting the help that he needs, not pulling some sort of twisted publicity stunt.

Why is everyone being all "It's JUST alcohol"?! How is alcohol better than any drugs? It's as damaging as any, and it's also as serious.

Your use of any is a bit extreme. Yes, it's serious, but surely better then being a cocaine addict.

The amount of support he's getting for this already is amazing. I love this fanbase sometimes.

I'm glad he's seeking treatment and I sincerely hope that rehab is successful for him. I think he made the right decision to get help, and it's quite a courageous move since it's hard admitting that you need help.

I wish him the best.

Edit:

By the way, what makes alcohol addiction any better than drug addiction?

Both alcohol and hard drugs severely affect the individual who takes them and the individual's family and friends. There's no stating that one addiction is "better" than the other, so please... just stop.

Exactly. He deserves much respect and credit not only for admitting he has a problem and getting help for it, but also for being honest to everyone about it. As scared as I am right now, I am also proud of him.

Can you guys stop saying "if it's alchohol it's not as serious" What makes you think it's not as serious; people take months to recover fully from alchohol addiction and it's a friggin DRUG that just happens to be legal in the U.S. Try not to be so dismissive

My dad's been clean for 20 years, but he still hasn't fully recovered. You can never fully recover.

I can't believe what I just read.

Your use of any is a bit extreme. Yes, it's serious, but surely better then being a cocaine addict.

The amount of support he's getting for this already is amazing. I love this fanbase sometimes.

If you abuse it, it is as damaging. Maybe not as fast, but in the long run, it is.

No addiction is any less dangerous than another (unless it's an addiction to staring at rainbows). If you abuse alcohol or cocaine, you can get the same outcome.

I bet this is all because of touring. I bet he just likes to have a few drinks before hitting the stage and it's probably just got to the point where his drinking before shows was starting to have a negative affect on his performance. I doubt he has a problem in his regular day to day life while at home

I brought it up in the other thread, but I feel like he may have had some leftover painkillers from his hospital trip and mixed them with some drinks. His voice during that show was off and you could tell he was not being the showman he could be. It was certainly "rock and roll" but I don't think Billie would've ever cut Basket Case short typically.

Better to get clean now than to ruin the tour. He's doing the responsible thing.

I really do find it odd that this came so out of the blue. Billie's become so much more, I dunno, responsible with regards to drinking and stuff over the last few years. Either that, or he's gotten a lot better at hiding it.

Either way, get better soon Billie. I wanna see you kick ass on stage in Dublin next year.

Archived