Kerrang! accepting letters of support for Billie - share them here!

M1KEY

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone know how much time we have left for doing this?...me and my friend wanna send in a letter, but we'll only write it today in the eveing when she'll come on..

Saying the same thing to you that I said to the others before: Don't try to start arguments in here. This isn't the thread for it, even if the other one is closed.

Im not starting one Im just stating the obvious to this dude. End of

Im not starting one Im just stating the obvious to this dude. End of

The point is that you didn't have to respond to it at all. It's much more likely for that person to avoid this thread in the future if people aren't quoting or responding to their post. You certainly didn't have to call them an "idiot" and whatever else. If that's not provoking someone, I don't know what is. You're not the only person I advised against responding, either.

The point is that you didn't have to respond to it at all. It's much more likely for that person to avoid this thread in the future if people aren't quoting or responding to their post. You certainly didn't have to call them an "idiot" and whatever else. If that's not provoking someone, I don't know what is. You're not the only person I advised against responding, either.

I will respond to them If i want.

here's my letter which I sent. Tell me how you like it!

Dear Billie Joe

I have no words to explain how Green Day has changed my life. From a timid and a shy person I have grown into a confident person who speaks her own mind and doesn't give a shit about what others think, all thanks to Green Day. Your lyrics gave me enough strength to fight all the criticism that I am going through as a teenager. It's cheesy but still it's the truth. When I first heard a Green Day song it literally blew my mind up! It was so awesome compared to all the other pop music shit I used to listen to. I idolize you and am inspired by you in so many ways. And I bet that I am not the only one who thinks so but also thousands of other people . These are some of the many things I am thankful to you about.

Now, as you are trying your best to fight off your demons, I would like you to know that all your supporters and fans, including me, will always be there to support you in such difficult times even if the sky is falling down. The way you have changed our lives, this is the least we can do. You are an inspiration to thousands and me and no matter what our love for Green Day and you will never decrease. Even if it takes you days, weeks or even months to get your health back, we will be waiting right here with all our love.

So, just take it easy, take no pressure, take your time and when you're all well, get yourself back on the stage and back to rocking our lives!

With Love,

Esha

Here's mine!

Dear Billie Joe!

I could never explain how much you've changed my whole life, how many things Green Day's music has taught me. You taught me to embrase my crazy and weird side, have fun and laugh, and yet be serious when it's needed, to base my own beliefs and fight for them. Your music was there for me when no one seemed to understand what I'm going through, and it helped me a lot. Your music not only made me think, and gave me countless lyrics to relate to, but it also opened a whole new world of wonderful music to me, I feel like thanks to Green Day I finally understood what music really is, After all, I had to discover music that's not on the top charts.......and I've discovered many amazing bands and artists.

Also, you're probably one of my biggest inspirations. Many people are inspired by your music and start to play different instruments, and form their own bands, yet in my case your music inspires me to make art. You gave me a lot of confidence to believe that I can one day become a cartoonist, and that I should follow my dream.

I know that if for every cheezy thing I just said I had a shekel (did I mention I'm from Israel?) I'd be very rich, but I promise that everything I said is from my heart and my life would never be as awesome if I have never heard Green day's music. your songs were always there for all of us fans when we needed it, and now we want to be there for you. I drew super hero version of you to show you that you're our hero, and that all the fans are thankful for everything you do, we'll always support and love you and we all hope you'll get better soon ♥ we are very proud of the step you took.

get_well_our_hero_by_chocoladza-d5gc2h9.png

thank you :D glad you liked it!

I wasn't sure if I should sent it, because the whole thing came out so cheesy, but I got over it XDD

Dear Billie Joe and family,

I think you guys fucking rule. Billie Joe, no matter what happened, you have guts man and I have never respected a man like I respect you. You're my hero in every sense of the word and I think you should know that myself, and so many others will always be there for you just like you have always been there for us. You've never given up on your music, so we will never give up on it either. I know you'll be ok because from what I've heard, you're one of the strongest people out there. When you are back to your fabulous old self, I guarantee I will be the first in line to tell you how great you are. Pull through it and never ever feel lost because the support you have is overwhelming.

All my love,

Katie Coe. x

As Green Day's frontman heads to rehab, we hear from you - the readers - and your favourite stars and they wish a speedy recovery to Mr Armstrong.

1435_a244x155.jpg

the new issue is out tomorrow

I wish someplace here actually sold the magazine. I rarely find Kerrang in the States. I just wanna see if my letter made it

I wish someplace here actually sold the magazine. I rarely find Kerrang in the States. I just wanna see if my letter made it

I've seen them here in the States before, but they are usually 3-4 weeks behind.

I've seen them here in the States before, but they are usually 3-4 weeks behind.

Ah poo...maybe someone will get it and let me know :P

I'll scan it tomorrow so everyone can see if their letter was printed

I'll scan it tomorrow so everyone can see if their letter was printed

Yay! :dance: that would be awesome

When you speak to billie again tell him he owes me a fiver. I mean I gather you must know him pretty well given how damn sure if all this are.

No, I just understand how the music industry and publicity works, you dumbasses.

Mine wasn't picked unfortunately :( But it's still great to see lots of familiar names in there!

Uh I won't get into town to buy this till Friday or Saturday :( Hope someone sends in the scans before that!

They failed by quoting the fake mike twitter at the end of their article

hahahaha oh my god no... oh kerrang, so good at their jobs

My sister and I's picture made it into the issue!!! :woot::runaround: Just need to find 2 copies of the magazine now. Does anyone know any stores in the US that sells Kerrang?

My sister and I's picture made it into the issue!!! :woot::runaround: Just need to find 2 copies of the magazine now. Does anyone know any stores in the US that sells Kerrang?

Huuh? Where are the scans? :huh:

Archived