Nuclear Family

pasalaska

Definitely my favorite of the songs I've heard so far from the album! I've only heard the studio versions of Oh Love, Kill the DJ, LYG, and this + the live version of Stay the Night and am waiting to hear the studio version of that when my order from the bundle gets here tomorrow (hopefully). The best way I can describe this song is that it just ROCKS! It's so energetic and I love Billie's vocals in this song. Just the little "ohh yeah!" is one of my favorite parts actually. I don't know why, but i love little things like that in songs. I am a big fan of Mike's little bass solo in there. It doesn't seem overly complicated but who cares! It's awesome and groovy in my opinion. It's good to Jason in there again and to see Jeff in there as well. As from a music video standpoint, I am a big fan. I like watching videos like "Oh Love" and "Kill the DJ" because I'm always interested in seeing how a song can come to life in a music video. I'm always interested in seeing what the director's take on it is or what the band wants to do with certain things, however I absolutely love videos of just the guys doing what they do best!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this song very-very much! It's definitely one of my favorite from the new album! The line "gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round" makes me wake up and go ahead each morning.

The funny fact that after words "till i detonate" i always want to sing "so stay stay the night, cause we're running out of time" :happy:

I want to listen to it at one of GD shows!!!

I finally heard this song and I already love it. I've only heard it once and I fucking love it! It made me so happy when it came on! Green Day's definitely bringing their A game :D

Great interpretation, Aska. So well explained. This song is an amazing album opener, love the "gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round" line. Been listening to it every day since it was released, it's a great song to start the day with! Definitely one of my top 3 favorites from Uno. I also love the video so much, nice to get a simple video with just them playing, and even some Jason and Jeff camera time :D The countdown is a bit too much though, wish they would just countdown from 5 instead, haha.

I also can't stop singing "chinese company conspiracy", it's so hard to hear "drama". I also can't stop hearing "I just want some action so give me Mike Dirnt" :lol:

I also can't stop hearing "I just want some action so give me Mike Dirnt" :lol:

Bwahaha! I love that!

Such a great opening to the trilogy. So much to like about this song.

I love how it's structured similar to American Idiot, with guitar riffs coming after each line of the verses. Favourite line? Too many, although I love singing "Ba-ba-ba-baby......"

I think that Nuclear Family is a perfect way to start the trilogy and it's possibly the most "old school Green Day" song of all the new songs. Lyrically it's a great mix between social comments and well, fun. It's also one of the most happy-sounding Green Day songs. Love it!

I LOVE this song, along with Carpe Diem, it's my favourite from Uno.

With the lyrics and brilliant music, for me it epitomises Green Day perfectly :)

I think it's great how the different guitar riffs are getting tied together in the final countdown. You can hear parts of the solo and those little fills of the last verse. The countdown itself really feels like the kick-off to the new era. I love it!

Thought this was gonna be my favorite song on the album.

Then I heard Rusty James. :wub:

Still love this song, though, even though they ripped off Good Charlotte. ;)

Is it just me, or does anyone else detect some influence from The Replacements in this song?

Fucking love the song, possibly one of my favorite GD songs ever :D :D

Does anyone know whay Angels Piss is?? is it a drink?? if so whats in it??? :)

Is it just me, or does anyone else detect some influence from The Replacements in this song?

I think the whole of UNO does in a lot of ways :) and i love it :D

Jason Freese is there too.

Is there piano in this song somewhere?

There probably is, but it'd be buried in the mix. I know there's a piano in "Oh Love" that you can't really hear

This song is a great way to kick off not only the album, but the Trélogy as a whole! Wonder if they'll use this as their opener on the next arena tour?

Thought this was gonna be my favorite song on the album.

Then I heard Rusty James. :wub:

Still love this song, though, even though they ripped off Good Charlotte. ;)

Ripped off GC? How?

There probably is, but it'd be buried in the mix. I know there's a piano in "Oh Love" that you can't really hear

You can hear the Organ/Piano at the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwMqa-_210 at 00:45 seconds till 00:52

Absolutely love this song. It's the perfect opener to the trilogy, especially with the countdown at the end, and it's a lot of fun live. Great choice for SOTW :)

This is an amazing song! I love it! I kept listening to it today because I couldn't get enough. Every single note just makes me melt. :happy:

Archived