Green Day Converse at Journey's

gloria123

I just don't get it. Apparently the first £20/£30 was because they got caught & checked by customs on the way in [i ordered them from Journeys so international order BAH] but this second £20 I apparently have to pay is just bullshit. Their job is to deliver, they get paid to do so by their employers & the people who I sent £40 to do so. I shouldn't have to pay them, technically, a second goddamn time.

It's just so infuriating how they can do this. They're pretty much holding £150 worth of goods without my consent, they're fucking thieves. :(

Caught and checked by customs, wut? Is that outside of the price you paid for international shipping..? Cause I remember that was around £30. DHL shouldn't be charging you that much extra for home delivery.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught and checked by customs, wut? Is that outside of the price you paid for international shipping..? Cause I remember that was around £30. DHL shouldn't be charging you that much extra for home delivery.

My other half orders a lot of stuff from America/Japan and when they enter the country, they do spot checks on certain items & if you're one of the unlucky few, you get charged. Something to do with taxes or whatever, not 100% but yeah. I wasn't sure whether to pay for it when I ordered the shoes but I thought 'Nahh it won't happen, it won't be that much' but yeah.. £50 later :lol:

I'm waiting in tomorrow until this young man turns up again & rip him a new pair. :D

I'm very aggressive when it comes to shoes :P

My other half orders a lot of stuff from America/Japan and when they enter the country, they do spot checks on certain items & if you're one of the unlucky few, you get charged. Something to do with taxes or whatever, not 100% but yeah. I wasn't sure whether to pay for it when I ordered the shoes but I thought 'Nahh it won't happen, it won't be that much' but yeah.. £50 later :lol:

I'm waiting in tomorrow until this young man turns up again & rip him a new pair. :D

I'm very aggressive when it comes to shoes :P

Haha I can tell! I didn't realise that happens with international packages sometimes, that sucks. Hope you get it sorted though :)

Look at what arrived this morning. :runaround:

2afk2o8.jpg

n3n86q.jpg

They are so fucking perfect. I wore the AI ones out today and I loved & hated it all at once. I was too scared of ruining them. Me thinks these will be for decorative purposes only from now on! :lol:

Sadly, I ordered the wrong size. I didn't realise that Converse run big so they feel like clown shoes on me [good inch of space at the back if I put my feet all the way forward] but thankfully, they're lace-ups, so I just pull them tight. :)

I received my American Idiot and Dookie Converse a few days ago. I love them!! I can't wait to show them off!! I wonder if they'll eventually design ones for each album. That would be incredible!!

I received my American Idiot and Dookie Converse a few days ago. I love them!! I can't wait to show them off!! I wonder if they'll eventually design ones for each album. That would be incredible!!

That would be awesome. I'd be a very happy but very broke girl! :lol: I'd love to see Nimrod & Warning done. Shenanigans, even though not a true album would make an awesome pair! :) Such a shame the Uno, Dos & Tre ones were so poorly advertised & limited. I'd kill for them.

Here's my adventures trying to buy the Dookie Converse.

First, I bought them from Journeys, but something went wrong with stupid Paypal so they didn't confirm my payment :sad: They took my money but they didn't give it to Journeys so... Now I really hope they'll give my money back or they will seriously be in troubles. :mad:

I've just ordered them from Schuh ( I didn't know they sell them) and it looks that everything worked fine. I haven't used paypal this time (actually I have no idea if this other card works for that site but they sent me a confirmation of my order so I guess yes?). They aren't that expensive there! Thanks to the student discount shoes+shipping=around 62€ which is less then the price of my classic black Chuck Taylors bought in a store! :happy: Now I can't wait them to come (especially because it'll mean that everything's worked fine!).

Funny thing I had to buy the men's one :lol:

Kerplunk and Insomniac would be so awesome!!

Here's my adventures trying to buy the Dookie Converse.

First, I bought them from Journeys, but something went wrong with stupid Paypal so they didn't confirm my payment :sad: They took my money but they didn't give it to Journeys so... Now I really hope they'll give my money back or they will seriously be in troubles. :mad:

I've just ordered them from Schuh ( I didn't know they sell them) and it looks that everything worked fine. I haven't used paypal this time (actually I have no idea if this other card works for that site but they sent me a confirmation of my order so I guess yes?). They aren't that expensive there! Thanks to the student discount shoes+shipping=around 62€ which is less then the price of my classic black Chuck Taylors bought in a store! :happy: Now I can't wait them to come (especially because it'll mean that everything's worked fine!).

Funny thing I had to buy the men's one :lol:

Kerplunk and Insomniac would be so awesome!!

:runaround: student discount?! Do you have a card or something? I don't :S

Woohoo :runaround:

Ordered the dookie ones yay.

Had to order online because my store didn't have woman's sizes in and had no idea when/if they'd get them in.

Coming on Tuesday/Wednesday eee. Was going to go for next day delivery but seeing as I live in the Highlands there's not much point :P

Haha YES!! I'd love to have a pair of Kerplunk converse :D

:runaround: student discount?! Do you have a card or something? I don't :S

Devi inviare una foto del libretto universitario (la prima pagina dove c'è l'anno di iscirizione... Io all'inizio avevo mandato la foto della copertina ma non me l'hanno accettata perché volevano date

:) ).

OH MY GOD NO WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS I CANNOT AFFORD THIS.

I seriously am going to crawl into a ball and die because this is NOT FAIR.

I actually posted that about 2 weeks ago :lol: Never released it was Kerplunk ones though

They should just release them all at once so then you have a selection to choose from. I really need this pair in my life though... D:

I'd expect the Kerplunk Converse to be more like the album cover. White with that Green Day logo on one side and the girl with the flower shirt on the other. But I don't care, I wouldn't afford it anyway as I ordered a pair of Dookie Converse from schuh yesterday :P

I'd expect the Kerplunk Converse to be more like the album cover. White with that Green Day logo on one side and the girl with the flower shirt on the other. But I don't care, I wouldn't afford it anyway as I ordered a pair of Dookie Converse from schuh yesterday :P

Yeah same! I'm kinda dissapointed by the look of the kerplunk shoes, they're just green all over with green day written on the tongue and flowers on the inside which no one sees anyways :sad:

Archived