¡Cuatro! DVD

PasalacquaPete

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my guess is after SXSW we'll hear something about it...unless they really forgot about it

Guest supersaiyemmy

Like the Blinkumentary. Which is never going to (officially) see the light of day. We know Cuatro is at least going to be released though; everyone needs to be patient. You already paid for it and the band isn't going to "redact" the DVD.

OMG I completely forgot about the Blinkumentary! XD

OMG I completely forgot about the Blinkumentary! XD

Yeah I did too. In a recent interview Tom and Mark said that it's not coming out because "it wasn't good enough" and they're going to make a different documentary, probably when they make their next record. I just think that they don't want to show how disconnected they were at the beginning of the recording of Neighborhoods.

I emailed Warner and got this info:

Me:
When can people who ordered the Box Set expect to receive the Cuatro DVD?

greendaystore@warnerbrosrecords.com
I'm sorry for the inconvenience but the DVD release has been set back to 03/26. You will get this on or near the release date.

Thank you for your support,
Green Day Customer Service

Guest supersaiyemmy

Yeah I did too. In a recent interview Tom and Mark said that it's not coming out because "it wasn't good enough" and they're going to make a different documentary, probably when they make their next record. I just think that they don't want to show how disconnected they were at the beginning of the recording of Neighborhoods.

So they are still releasing a documentary?

So they are still releasing a documentary?

I think so, they were a little unclear about it. If I find the radio interview I'll PM it over to you so I don't accidentally spam the thread.

So... this isn't coming out in March, is it? Doesn't seem like it.

Just received an email from them saying

Dear Liam,

First, we would like to thank you for your patience regarding the release of the ¡Cuatro! Documentary DVD!

The new official release date is now April 9th, and you will receive your DVD on or around that date.

As a thank you for your patience, you will also receive an exclusive poster and four special postcards as part of your order. These will be inside of the DVD.

If you have any questions please contact customer service at greendaystore@warnerbrosrecords.com

- Green Day Online Music Store

I don't mind waiting the extra month to get it, nothing we can do about it. Plus we are getting a few bonus things as a thank you for being patient.

i just got an email :(

First, we would like to thank you for your patience regarding the release of the ¡Cuatro! Documentary DVD!

The new official release date is now April 9th, and you will receive your DVD on or around that date.

As a thank you for your patience, you will also receive an exclusive poster and four special postcards as part of your order. These will be inside of the DVD.

I just got this too. It's nice of them to include some extras for the wait.

Just got this email to, I wonder what the poster will look like? Could have sworn I was only getting a digital copy of the DVD but this is great news :D

Just received an email from them saying

I don't mind waiting the extra month to get it, nothing we can do about it. Plus we are getting a few bonus things as a thank you for being patient

Happy days for the poster...but as a fellow Australian are we going to have to wait an extra few weeks like we did with the CD booklets? thats the thing im mildly concerned about.

Happy days for the poster...but as a fellow Australian are we going to have to wait an extra few weeks like we did with the CD booklets? thats the thing im mildly concerned about.

I reckon we're going to have to, doesn't bother me though. For the albums, I just went out and bought the standard edition on their release date. As for the DVD, I don't mind waiting a few extra weeks.

April 9th. "whenever it's fucking ready" indeed.

I'm just getting increasingly hyped up to see it, really. At this point, I'll be disappointed either way because of the long wait :P

I have no idea if someone has asked this already, but is the DVD just an exclusive for those who bought the box set? Or will it be available for separate purchase eventually? Or something?

I'm not gonna believe anything I hear until someone actually gets a physical version themselves

Man, they really keep changing the date! Just a few weeks ago, they responded to my email saying that the DVD would come out on March 26. Now it's April 9.

Make up your minds!

Whatever, it will be great and it's nice to drag this whole trilogy thing. It's been a year of Green Day!

I have no idea if someone has asked this already, but is the DVD just an exclusive for those who bought the box set? Or will it be available for separate purchase eventually? Or something?

It'll be eventually be releases seperatly but at the moment no details have been released on it

As of now there are no plans to release it seperately as it was advertised as being very exclusive to the box set. It may be released down the road, but don't hold your breath. There is a chance it might not be released on its own, and if it is that might not be for a while.

Archived