¡Cuatro! DVD

PasalacquaPete

I would bet money that Green Day has no idea how to spell 4 in Spanish, and just assumed it's with a Q. And I would bet none of the middle-aged upper class American men who work at Warner Bros. would ever realize it. If this turns out to be with a Q, I guarantee there was never a deliberate "Let's make it Portuguese!" discussion, it was because they didn't know or didn't care how to spell cuatro in Spanish.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would bet money that Green Day has no idea how to spell 4 in Spanish, and just assumed it's with a Q. And I would bet none of the middle-aged upper class American men who work at Warner Bros. would ever realize it. If this turns out to be with a Q, I guarantee there was never a deliberate "Let's make it Portuguese!" discussion, it was because they didn't know or didn't care how to spell cuatro in Spanish.

I'd go with them simply thinking it looks cooler with a Q though. I guess if they wanted to call an album like a number in a foreign number they'd at least take the time to make sure they're spelling it right.

I'd go with them simply thinking it looks cooler with a Q though. I guess if they wanted to call an album like a number in a foreign number they'd at least take the time to make sure they're spelling it right.

i would say the same as

uno -1

dos -2

tre- (tres)-3

so i looks cooler

I'm still so annoyed at the misspelling of "cuatro" - if they're going to make a pun, everything else needs to remain the same in order for it to be funny. Otherwise they just end up looking stupid and/or ignorant. I can't think of a single good reason to spell it "quatro" instead of the correct Spanish way. It's not even hard to find out how to spell it! Anyone who's taken one day of Spanish in high school should be able to notice the error. And it's rather unprofessional not to take the time to do things correctly.

I can't decide if it's more irritating that the name is simply spelled wrong, or if it's more because it ruins the joke of calling the third one "Tré." I mean, the "tré" joke only works if the first two words are correct Spanish. I really hope they fix it before the actual DVD comes out.

I'm kind of OCD about spelling and grammar....

I honestly dont think the fact they spelled "4" in Spanish differently is that big of a deal at all...

Well, to me it looks cooler with a C! :lol:

I'm pretty sure it was just a mistake, and it's not that big of a deal for many people, and I'm sure many wouldn't even notice it... but they should still fix it.

To be honest I don't really mind wether it's Q or C. It's like if Awesome as F**k had been spelled Awesome as F**c as a mistake. Only us fans would know.

You're right! :woot: I never thought about that! Awesome :lol:

It's the first thing that came to my mind when I read your comment, I thought you wrote it on purpose! :lol:

It's the first thing that came to my mind when I read your comment, I thought you wrote it on purpose! :lol:

I didn't... and I don't know how could I forgot that Tré always says he can only count to 4 :sorry: (perhaps I was unconsciously influenced by him? :shifty: ) haha :lol: But you're really clever!

This is an interesting conversation.

Haunting gif. I don't think I'm gonna buy it, I'll download it or something once someone adds it to their giant seedbox dedicated to Green Day.

Haunting gif. I don't think I'm gonna buy it, I'll download it or something once someone adds it to their giant seedbox dedicated to Green Day.

If everyone who ordered the box set gets a digital download of it, then I'm sure it won't be too hard to find

If everyone who ordered the box set gets a digital download of it, then I'm sure it won't be too hard to find

it won't but I hope you saw through the "green day seedbox" sarcasm :P

Same.

They never said that the titles are spanish.

Seeing it spelled with Q feels actually quite more pleasant to me. (I think it's because of the C-U+vowel combination which is very rare in german, english and french, the three languages I speak.)

They did. The first trilogy interview they made for a Mexican Music Channel TV called Telehit they said that and also joke saying that they could do a hole album in spanish so they can win a Latin Grammy but they were just kidding. If get a link I will post it

I think they did in some interview. I don't remember what one.

Yes They did. The first trilogy interview they made for a Mexican Music Channel TV called Telehit they said that and also joke saying that they could do a hole album in spanish so they can win a Latin Grammy but they were just kidding. If get a link I will post it

I can't wait for this DVD...I don't know about you guys but I love rock-docs, they get me so inspired and I always feel like being really creative after I watch them. I can't wait to see them get into the creative process and see how they made these records.

It has been said that Green Day had recorded songs for this new album. I found 2 links on youtube

https://www.youtube....channel&list=UL

I can't tell who sings the songs btw, it surely isnt BJ but some think it's jason, your thoughts?

It has been said that Green Day had recorded songs for this new album. I found 2 links on youtube

I can't tell who sings the songs btw, it surely isnt BJ but some think it's jason, your thoughts?

I"m assuming this is your band.... Wow...

What a terrible singer! and an awful drummer!!

I"m assuming this is your band.... Wow...

What a terrible singer! and an awful drummer!!

I hope he got b&. He posted that on at least 6 different threads across GDC. I almost had a heart attack, my blood was so broiled.

Archived