(Rumour) Green Day to tour Australia

blueboy

"Jeff Matika ‏@jeffmatika 14 Jul

Calm down. Not true. “@AwesomeAsNathan: @RhiannonYknow @jeffmatika yeah but the 'Thanks for a great tour' suggests he's finished it..”

Looks like it's not over...

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Jeff Matika ‏@jeffmatika 14 Jul

Calm down. Not true. “@AwesomeAsNathan: @RhiannonYknow @jeffmatika yeah but the 'Thanks for a great tour' suggests he's finished it..”

Looks like it's not over...

I so hope you guys get it, then! Same for south America!

And I hope we get more, I jumped on the bandwagon too late.

i will be so pissed if they're on the BDO lineup. that's seriously something i don't want to go through.

I'm seriously praying they aren't playing BDO. Nobody I know will want to come with me to that, and I'm not going by myself :(

I'm seriously praying they aren't playing BDO. Nobody I know will want to come with me to that, and I'm not going by myself :(

I think it's more likely we'll be getting Blur & Pearl Jam double-headlining the main stage for BDO. Soundwave, not likely again, AJ seemed to have something against them years ago when I asked him on twitter. What I think is more likely is Frontier bringing out Green Day next year, probably post soundwave for an arena tour in April.

They will definitely come. And the later it is, the more time we have to save up!

The guy from triple m was hinting early 2014 & muse tickets are $130 so that's a good indication of around what ticket prices will be. Also jeff has perhaps suggested tour isn't over & mike & tre have hinted they want to come down under.

$130?! what a fucking rip off.

i remember in 2005 i paid $65 to see green day at rod laver arena.

jesus christ.

i reckon theyll be slightly less than $130 considering muse are doing big stadium shows and green day will (most probably) do arenas

I hate reading this "BDO line-up to end all BDO line-ups. :cry: We gotta think this can't happen. Australia needs a full tour. Shame they can't take 30 secs to mars tour dates - now they have postponed :ermm:

i will punch someone in the face if they're on BDO.

So the hints for the headline are for Pearl Jam but after triple m f***ing us - who knows.

yeah. i listened to that on the radio this morning. i think that they're definitely going to be on the lineup.

they also said the cure are rumoured (if this is true i will fucking die). and also blur.

The only way I will be happy with them at a festival is if The Living End and Paramore are there, also maybe add Bowling For Soup to that. But I would be happier if they were opening acts.

Q: to frontier - is there anymore rock announcements before the end of the month.

A: Yes there is more coming.

Reply: please let it be Green Day :D:D

Yep I have kinda given up - I guess this time it will be Justin Timberlake.

IS IT REALLY. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

I heard JAY Z is coming too. I hope they tour together omg :D :D :D

So I typed Green Day into google and something new came up - the age tv with a heading green day ultimate review. I got very excited cause this is an Australian website - it said it was newly added (not a new review) & finally something about Green Day - I miss them being everywhere.

All I'm hoping for is that Green Day aren't going to be at a festival. I would much prefer them to do their own shows.
It seems like they'll be here next year as there hasn't been any announcement yet.

We have news and it's something we know some of you have been waiting for, but... we can't tell you until tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned...

So many artists that it's just as (probably more) likely to be. Still worth keeping an eye on though

We have news and it's something we know some of you have been waiting for, but... we can't tell you until tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned...

So many artists that it's just as (probably more) likely to be. Still worth keeping an eye on though

Hopefully this is it and not just some announcement that tickets are being sold for some artist already announced. But considering GD are available for a waiting list it very much could be. The part saying some of you have been waiting for has me thinking it is Green Day considering the amount of times someone say they are announcing it and the comments get filled with people hoping its GD. But just had to happen the day uni goes back.

It was Fall Out Boy :( but what is interesting is that British India are supporting, they were rumoured to be supporting Green Day earlier this year.

Well I am glad I missed this - so I didn't get my hopes up again.

That would be the reason Fall Out Boy was the first song I heard on the radio this morning.

Archived