(Rumour) Green Day to tour Australia

blueboy

Anyone know how much tickets will be? Well I no one knows an exact answer I am just looking at a ball park number, to make sure I have the money ready. I know the London shows are somewhere between $100-$200 for average tickets. I just don't know how much they will be here as we get ripped off with a lot of things .

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how much tickets will be? Well I no one knows an exact answer I am just looking at a ball park number, to make sure I have the money ready. I know the London shows are somewhere between $100-$200 for average tickets. I just don't know how much they will be here as we get ripped off with a lot of things .

Last time they were here, Brisbane tickets were $110, not sure about other places though. I think no tickets will be over $200 unless it gets bonus things.

$200 is nuts! They won't be more than $110. Green Day do their best to keep the price down, although that still is a huge amount.

$200 is nuts! They won't be more than $110. Green Day do their best to keep the price down, although that still is a huge amount.

I highly doubt they would be $200 but you never know. I'd say it would be the maximum if they have upped the prices.

Brazil tickets in 2010 were like $80 dollars or something..

Unfortunately Australia usually can't see an international act for under $100.

Unfortunately Australia usually can't see an international act for under $100.

Wtf? Why that expensive? Fan pit ticket for Green Day in Belgrade is 36€

Wtf? Why that expensive? Fan pit ticket for Green Day in Belgrade is 36€

When you have to pay to fly a band, their equipment, tech crew, merch, accommodation, transport, food, and anything else important you need to be able to make some kind of profit.

When you have to pay to fly a band, their equipment, tech crew, merch, accommodation, transport, food, and anything else important you need to be able to make some kind of profit.

Yeah I know that it's not same in Australia and in Europe and that prices need to be higher but that's just way too much.

Yeah I know that it's not same in Australia and in Europe and that prices need to be higher but that's just way too much.

To us, $100 is pretty reasonable for a concert.

It's reasonable to you but I still think that is too much for a concert. Tickets in Serbia are really low even comparing to other countries in Europe but I know that organisators still make a bunch of money for every show.

I am pretty sure they will stay around the same price - would think they won't be anymore than $120.00. Green Day are always keen to keep prices down - Australian Dollar is high.

Not sure if GA tickets will be cheaper but as Liam said tickets 4 years ago were $110.

Did anyone see Taylor Swift pit tickets are $250. That's how much the Stones tickets are going to be.

It's reasonable to you but I still think that is too much for a concert. Tickets in Serbia are really low even comparing to other countries in Europe but I know that organisators still make a bunch of money for every show.

Well everything here is much more expensive then almost everywhere else. For video games they cost almost twice as much as the same game in the US, even though our dollar is almost equal if not higher then theirs (same goes of digital copies, so distribution and import tax, is no excuse). Luck though that music isn't that bad, actually its about the same in most cases, if not cheaper, except for on itunes. So the $100 cost of a concert is nothing out of the ordinary for us.

I think we can safely say because of the ticketek waitlist that they will not be doing a festival. 99 Revolutions is a world tour and they owe it to Australia to come because this December is 4 years.

I really hope you are right. I'd prefer not to go to a festival personally. But I just don't want them to come in December. T-Swift is calling my name :lol::ninja:

I really hope you are right. I'd prefer not to go to a festival personally. But I just don't want them to come in December. T-Swift is calling my name :lol::ninja:

I do think they will be here around that time and I am not sure if you have ever seen them live before - but they are friggin amazing - I wouldn't miss it for any concert. They don't come often so save your pennies and go to both.

I just read on the triple m website about Muse firming to come here in December - the same article says another major heritage act (I can't say who it is) they will be here in December.

Last time frontier touring announced the tour it was in June for December dates so hopefully this is the guys.

Anytime but December, I don't want to miss them again.

Sorry - I think it is going to be then - are you away the entire December :mellow: Have a read of the article it says a big heritage band.

Sorry - I think it is going to be then - are you away the entire December :mellow: Have a read of the article it says a big heritage band.

Nah I am away from the 1st-10th then 20th-29th. So most of the month. And knowing my luck they will be in Sydney during one of those periods. In 2009 they were in Sydney for the first day (11th) the day I left for 7 nights. If they are here in December I sure hope that they continue ahead with their small venues as it will mean they need to do more shows in each city and therefore meaning they are in the Sydney to Newcastle area for longer. As for the article, I wouldn't call Green Day a heritage band but going by what they are saying is heritage they are, so hopefully what they are talking about is another artist. But I even doubt it. If they do come I hope they stay in Sydney for new year.

I am still hoping for some small shows - Australia is gonna be packed in December but your comment about them being here for NYE - that would be friggin awesome & I don't even live in New South Wales. I hope it pans out for you.

I'm hoping they come before December so I don't have to choose between Green Day and schoolies.

If they do Aussie, then they'd better hop the ditch to New Zealand. NZ hasn't seen them since 09 for god's sake!

I'm hoping they come in December. It'll give me time to get some extra money together, for the tickets and for merchandise. :)

If they do Aussie, then they'd better hop the ditch to New Zealand. NZ hasn't seen them since 09 for god's sake!

not going somewhere since 09 is nothing compared to some places, that's 1 tour ago

December is usually around the time they come to Australia so lets hope so!!!!!

Archived