(Rumour) Green Day to tour Australia

blueboy

I am delaying buying any tickets to travel overseas in February until I find out if/when they will be playing. I am reaaaaally hoping for early Februrary

I feel like touring in late Feb- early March would clash with all the Soundwave side shows.

It won't be early Feb - the US tour only ends on the 8th. I'm thinking mid-March.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of want them to go to Australia first, before they tour Europe... GD's shows seem to get better and better as the tour goes on, so the last shows are the best :lol:

Now, the small clubs shows thing, that sounds amazing!!

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth to the australian fans(and maybe international), i have these nuggets of information for us all to latch onto:

Nui Te Koa (entertainment writer for Herald Sun) spoke with theTriple M Hot Breakfast Show here in melbourne this morning about the Potential Upcoming Green Day tour in Feb/March next year.

Fronteir Touring were due to make an announcement very soon of the tour dates, but Billie Joe's documented Rehab stint has put an indefinite hold on the announcement. Most likely because they may need Februrary/March now to make up for more potential postponed dates of their North America tour.

In the mean time, I suggest you go to the Fronteir Touring website and sign up to become a member of Frontier touring (especially if you haven't and if you are NOT able to be a member of the Idiot Club) which is FREE for anyone to do, because I know from experience that you can get a pretty good chance at buying good tickets in their exclusive pre-sales.

OK if this happens i have gotta Travel over there to see a show...

Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Hauraki radio station in NZ is interviewing Mike Dirnt next week. Might know if it will happen in March.

Did you end up hearing the interview? (it's been a week, i thought i'd be cheeky and ask :lol:)

This small article was in yesterday's newspaper. Sorry if it's bad quality, it's a quick photo on my ipod: :)

eXpHQ.jpg

Who knows if it means anything.

So so upsetting if this doesn't happen although I kind of expected it. At least it gives me more time to save up.

Get better soon Billie!!!!

It would be disappointing for the show not to happen...

But i hope Billie gets better

• 4 months later...

A bit of an update on the tour. This is a tweet exchange between a fan and AJ Maddah, promoter of Soundwave Festival.

@CintaStahp: @iamnotshouting do you know anything about a green day Australian tour? :)

@iamnotshouting: @CintaStahp yeah. Was supposed to be next month. Now postponed to mid year.

So I'm thinking August? Better start saving.

Seriously praying they won't come in Late October, November or early December. I have exams in October/November, and schoolies would go through part of December I think. There's no chance of my parents letting me to during exams, and I don't know if I would choose Green Day of schoolies. So there's my selfish rant :lol:

Seriously praying they won't come in Late October, November or early December. I have exams in October/November, and schoolies would go through part of December I think. There's no chance of my parents letting me to during exams, and I don't know if I would choose Green Day of schoolies. So there's my selfish rant :lol:

I'm down in Tasmania so for me to Get up to something like Melbourne will be a struggle on its own. I also hope it isn't around my exam time too haha

If AJ is tweeting about it, He might have them signed on as headliners for Warped Tour later in the year. I heard that was going to be around november/december

If AJ is tweeting about it, He might have them signed on as headliners for Warped Tour later in the year. I heard that was going to be around november/december

Too big for warped.

I take everything that AJ announces with a very big slice of scepticism... HOWEVER, June/July/August would be kinda perfect for me. I just hope that if there is something to be announced, it's announced soon.

Also, quick plug for the Downunder Club (for those of you with 100+ posts)

I take everything that AJ announces with a very big slice of scepticism... HOWEVER, June/July/August would be kinda perfect for me. I just hope that if there is something to be announced, it's announced soon.

Also, quick plug for the Downunder Club (for those of you with 100+ posts)

I better get posting again.

• 1 month later...

:( announce something alreadyyyyyy :(

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they do now whilst they have a few weeks at home. Probably the earliest it can be now is September.

Who wants Green Day Australian Tour ticket information?!?!?!

Here you go kids! Go crazy!!!

Here is the waiting list for Green Day ticket information for the Australian tour!

Ladies and Gentleman of Australia, GET EXCITED!!!!!

Apparently they were going to be touring in Feb-March 2013 with Aussie band 'British India', but due to Billie joe's condition the tour was cancelled

I just went onto ticketek but it is not letting me subscribe to the waitlist - is anyone else having this trouble.

I just went onto ticketek but it is not letting me subscribe to the waitlist - is anyone else having this trouble.

Yep I was having the issues, but I started spam clicking the button and it seemed to work, as it told me I was already subscribed.

Well at least with the cancel put back they may be with someone better then British India, I had never heard of them, and I just looked up a few of their songs and they are not all that good. It would of been a massive downgrade from when they toured with Jet out here last time.

I am really looking forward to this no matter who is touring with them, as I have not been able to see a single GD concert. With the only time I have been old enough (parents rules, and I didn't have much of an interest when AI came out) was the 21stCB tour and they weren't in Sydney until the 11th or 12th and I left on a cruise the day before. I was really disappointed, so hopefully this time they don't put the tour on when I am doing something, but it would be my luck.

Archived