(Rumour) Green Day to tour Australia

blueboy

Just stumbled across this article about Green Day possibly going for a tour in Australia. Same as the USA, they want to do both club and arena shows. Original article is here (see if it's a reliable page), but I transcripted the important part of it here:

Billie Joe Armstrong says Green Day is looking at an Australian tour for “February or March” next year.
“We’d like to do some clubs as well as playing in the bigger places,” Billie Joe told the Herald Sun.
“That’s an experience we haven’t had in Australia since the first time we have been there, playing the 300 to 500 seaters. Australian crowds go off - so being in that small a room would be a lot of fun.”
Green Day are set to unleash their first album, titled ¡Uno!, this Friday and will follow that up with two more albums over the coming months - ¡Dos! - Nov 9th, 2012 ¡Tré! - Jan 11th, 2013

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out someone posted in Random News. Sorry.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think this is worthy of its own thread. If Billie Joe's on record talking about an Aussie tour, we can safely open a thread for said rumored tour.

I won't get too excited about getting into one of the smaller shows, if they do them. It'd be great but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Another rumour on TripleM this afternoon suggested that the timing lent itself to them appearing at Soundwave, which is awesome enough already - and sold out ..

What do their concert tickets for australia shows usually cost?:3

Last time it was $100.

I can't wait for them to come back here. They looked like they had SO much fun last tour.

I won't get too excited about getting into one of the smaller shows, if they do them. It'd be great but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Maybe they'll play at that lovely venue where you saw MCR!

Another rumour on TripleM this afternoon suggested that the timing lent itself to them appearing at Soundwave, which is awesome enough already - and sold out ..

Definitely not Soundwave.

If they did play there, I would not be pleased. It's a great lineup already.

Maybe they'll play at that lovely venue where you saw MCR!

Oh yeah! That'd be amazing. :o

As long as they don't leave all the under 18s up on the little balcony again.

Saw them the last two tours here. BEST LIVE BAND EVER! They should do a Foxboro Hot Tubs show at Cherry Bar or something. I'd lose my shit!

Can't contain myself at the moment. I did NOT expect a tour this early!!!! And intimate shows! It's really a dream come true.

And I already have a ticket to Soundwave. Maybe they'll do a Reading and show up last minute!

Saw them the last two tours here. BEST LIVE BAND EVER! They should do a Foxboro Hot Tubs show at Cherry Bar or something. I'd lose my shit!

That's about the most awesome idea. And they could get as drunk as they liked!

I am delaying buying any tickets to travel overseas in February until I find out if/when they will be playing. I am reaaaaally hoping for early Februrary

I feel like touring in late Feb- early March would clash with all the Soundwave side shows.

Archived