Oh Love Video - Uncut version on Playboy.com

bri1039

This version is soooo much better than the first. This one actually seems to have a plot!

I agree with everyone else, the part where Billie is by the couch going like this :creep: makes me laugh. It's great. :lol:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm not actually that much dissapointed with Oh Love video as I was before! This version is much better.. :P And now I finally get it why this video was so fun to make (for Billie).. :lol:

Wow, Sam Bayer, you even managed to get the band to look like good actors this time!

Oh wait, they weren't supposed to look uninterested and uncomfortable? Oops.

It is filmed slightly better though.

True. It does look slightly lame the way they try to make his smoking look cool though, including a gratuitous shot of it in the uncut version but censoring it out of the cut version as if it's some kind of edgy thing. Not that I think it would influence anyone to smoke or anything or that I object to it, just that when people pose around with cigarettes it looks lame :lol:. But then again they're just playing characters anyway, posing around with drink and women like that in real life would look lame too.

There are very strict rules nowadays when it comes to advertising cigarettes/smoking, particularly in regard to ways that would make it look appealing to youngsters, *because* people feel that it's a bad influence. The first part of your post--about them making smoking look cool--is precisely why those shots would be edited out of the cut version. So, yeah, the band isn't trying to make it seem edgy by taking those shots out; It's an actual no-no.

And I just have to say---this isn't directed at you, Hermione, just a general statement--when did the people in this fandom become the guys' parents?

Wow, Sam Bayer, you even managed to get the band to look like good actors this time!

Oh wait, they weren't supposed to look uninterested and uncomfortable? Oops.

It is filmed slightly better though.

Tre and Billie looked quite comfortable (Tre especially :lol: ). Mike was the only one who looked uninterested, at least I thought.

Am I being too hysterical? I didn't watch the video yet. :mellow: I don't want to, but, bleh. :mellow:

It's nothing that shocking, the worst you'll see is some boobs.

Am I being too hysterical? I didn't watch the video yet. :mellow: I don't want to, but, bleh. :mellow:

You're perfectly entitled not to if you don't want to; I don't think anyone will hold that against you. BUT you can't judge what you haven't seen /justsaying

It's nothing that shocking, the worst you'll see is some boobs.

Boobs. :pinch: I hate that word when it comes to Green Day. :mellow:

Tre and Billie looked quite comfortable (Tre especially :lol: ). Mike was the only one who looked uninterested, at least I thought.

Maybe it's just me then, haha. I didn't think any of them really looked interested though (except when Billie was singing), they seemed to be laughing more than anything else.

There are very strict rules nowadays when it comes to advertising cigarettes/smoking, particularly in regard to ways that would make it look appealing to youngsters, *because* people feel that it's a bad influence. The first part of your post--about them making smoking look cool--is precisely why those shots would be edited out of the cut version. So, yeah, the band isn't trying to make it seem edgy by taking those shots out; It's an actual no-no.

And I just have to say---this isn't directed at you, Hermione, just a general statement--when did the people in this fandom become the guys' parents?

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I dunno when I saw the shot of him smoking it just made me laugh a bit like that gratuitous nipple shot did, it's like ooh look smoking, ooh look a nipple :lol:. It all makes sense with the video though.

And I've wondered about that myself lol.

:lol:

Dunno, it's not exactly new. The Billie has always smoked (cigarettes and joints), got drunk and taken drugs. He's not there to be a role model, so if you don't like it, tough titties.

I just watched it and the couch part made me jelly. :P Well, this version actually is I don't know, I never liked the video. :P

I believe he is 40 and is allowed to smoke if he chooses to.

Where in my post did I say that he isn't allowed to smoke? What I said was that I found it pathetic that he had to do it in the video and tried to make it look cool. Work on your reading comprehension.

Dunno, it's not exactly new. The Billie has always smoked (cigarettes and joints), got drunk and taken drugs. He's not there to be a role model, so if you don't like it, tough titties.

Lol exactly! Though Billie *is* a role model, whether he likes it or not. You don't really get a choice in whether or not some kid decides to look up to you, you know? But he isn't a saint, by any means....and has definitely done far worse than smoking cigarettes. All the guys have. Sure, it's not the wisest decision for someone who sings for a living, but he's a grown boy, he can decide for himself. :P

Ritz's download link doesn't work for me, it says "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity." all the time.. Is there any other download link for it?

Edit: It works now after trying few times :)

What amazes me is when this video is supposed to be more "offensive," I end up liking it more. The "uncensored" version is a major improvement from the crap that aired on MTV and this is even better. In fact, I think it's even less offensive than the uncensored one. The camera work is much more artistic. The "characters" seem to have meaning and emotion. There's some sort of point to what's going on. It transitions well into them actually playing the song. No one looks bored. It looks like - gasp - the models have personalities and they're actually having fun. And the shot where Billie is staring blankly and then sips from his beer perfectly depicts what the song means to me.

And I think the fact that after watching it yesterday, I still wanted to watch it again today, means something. I'll never watch the first video again.

What I don't understand is why they didn't just edit out the few stupid nipple/topless shots from this one and use that as the "edited" version on MTV. Probably too much drinking and smoking. It kind of saddens me that a few beer bottles and cigarettes is considered more offensive than scantily clad models being objectified by trying to seduce the camera and biting their fingers with no real point to being in the video. This version is so much better. But hey, that's life I guess.

It's by no means my favorite music video they've done. In fact, I'm not sure if it's good. But it improves so much from the original that I just can't help but be satisfied with it.

Except one thing: They took out the Lady and the Tramp bubblegum part. :(

Now I understand why Billie said it was the funniest time they had during a video clip.

Why isn't this the official video?

To be honest, I preferred this version over the other one, because it seems to be filmed better than the other one

Archived