Oh Love Video - Uncut version on Playboy.com

bri1039

Haha you're he only one who has commented that... It got more than 100 likes onIG and no one said that. You have a unique perspective!

Hahaha :lol: it's weird, though, 'cause I'm seeing more and more pics where he's doing that! :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This version wasn't as over-the-top as I thought it would be. Still, much as I love tittehz, isn't this kind of unnecessary? Bastard of 1967 hit the nail on the head: this video -- and the entire album -- kind of spells out a mid-life crisis as it's happening.

Yes! Exactly. One of my first impressions was that in contrast to the young nubile girls, the video actually made the members of the band seem older and kind of uncomfortable, like seeing your dad at a strip club lol

Hahaha :lol: it's weird, though, 'cause I'm seeing more and more pics where he's doing that! :D

Hmmm must be something fragrant! Yikes!

Yes! Exactly. One of my first impressions was that in contrast to the young nubile girls, the video actually made the members of the band seem older and kind of uncomfortable, like seeing your dad at a strip club lol

They didn't look uncomfortable, but it sure made me feel a little uneasy :lol:

This version wasn't as over-the-top as I thought it would be. Still, much as I love tittehz, isn't this kind of unnecessary? Bastard of 1967 hit the nail on the head: this video -- and the entire album -- kind of spells out a mid-life crisis as it's happening.

Well, Billie mentioned in an interview that the video was Tre's idea, which explains a LOT :lol: I don't know if I can really call it a midlife-crisis on his part, since I get the feeling he's always been this way, but that's just me...I've been thinking a lot, over the past few years, how strange it is that we are often forced top think of these guys as a singular unit, with one blanket set of morals, lifestyle, etc. when, in reality, they are three separate guys with entirely different personalities and "lines" and whatnot.

Billie also mentioned that there was a lot of tension on set at first, and once the sillier antics started, everyone was able to relax more. I wish I could remember the actual quote, but it helped put the shoot into perspective for me, aside from how the finished product looks. Even mid-life crises generally don't amount to full-on alterations in your moral code.

The point of a midlife crisis is that, when you get to the stage in your life, you start to evaluate your accomplishments and you legacy and all of that. "What have I done with my life?" If someone finds the answer to that question doesn't live up to their expectations of where they would've *liked* to have been at that point in life, that's when the midlife crisis sets in, and that person starts doing drastic things to make changes to their current lifestyle. It's not something that happens to everyone, and for those that do go through it, it can be resolved in both positive and negative ways. People are generally more familiar with the negative ones, but I know someone, for example, who dealt her midlife crisis by raising $5,000 to participate in a trip to Haiti to help build an orphanage. It's much more complicated and comprehensive than a simple nostalgic recapturing of youth, than buying a fancy car or hitting on some pretty young thang. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change your ideals; it's fueled by them. And I think people are being way too liberal about throwing the term around.

Well, Billie mentioned in an interview that the video was Tre's idea, which explains a LOT :lol: I don't know if I can really call it a midlife-crisis on his part, since I get the feeling he's always been this way, but that's just me...I've been thinking a lot, over the past few years, how strange it is that we are often forced top think of these guys as a singular unit, with one blanket set of morals, lifestyle, etc. when, in reality, they are three separate guys with entirely different personalities and "lines" and whatnot.

Billie also mentioned that there was a lot of tension on set at first, and once the sillier antics started, everyone was able to relax more. I wish I could remember the actual quote, but it helped put the shoot into perspective for me, aside from how the finished product looks. Even mid-life crises generally don't amount to full-on alterations in your moral code.

The point of a midlife crisis is that, when you get to the stage in your life, you start to evaluate your accomplishments and you legacy and all of that. "What have I done with my life?" If someone finds the answer to that question doesn't live up to their expectations of where they would've *liked* to have been at that point in life, that's when the midlife crisis sets in, and that person starts doing drastic things to make changes to their current lifestyle. It's not something that happens to everyone, and for those that do go through it, it can be resolved in both positive and negative ways. People are generally more familiar with the negative ones, but I know someone, for example, who dealt her midlife crisis by raising $5,000 to participate in a trip to Haiti to help build an orphanage. It's much more complicated and comprehensive than a simple nostalgic recapturing of youth, than buying a fancy car or hitting on some pretty young thang. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change your ideals; it's fueled by them. And I think people are being way too liberal about throwing the term around.

I am not going rebut this post. Instead I would like to ask that Andres and the team consider allowing a multiple-Likes system for today only.

Nothing is wrong with this version or the original version of the video. Stop making a big deal out of it, ffs.

Nothing is wrong with this version or the original version of the video. Stop making a big deal out of it, ffs.

Well, there was something wrong with the original...it was boring :P

Well, there was something wrong with the original...it was boring :P

Yes it was upsetting cuz it sucked so bad. There was something seriously wrong with it. Especially after those months of eager anticipation waiting for the new stuff.

The titty version has healed the trauma a little for me. Haha

Much better than the "clean" version, but still not even close to my top 5 GD videos.

• 4 months later...

I'm not going to watch the uncensored video, I'm happy with the censored video, it's gay friendly, meaning gay fans can watch a music video for this song without being bored with boobs. I love the clean video.

I'm not going to watch the uncensored video, I'm happy with the censored video, it's gay friendly, meaning gay fans can watch a music video for this song without being bored with boobs. I love the clean video.

This version isn't just uncensored though, it's a different video. They used different footage from the shoot. It also happens to be much better, not because of the flashes of boobs and bum but because they chose better footage. Instead of coming across as a bunch of people posing and looking bored, there's actually a party atmosphere and they actually look like they're having fun. If you can stand a couple of nipple shots I highly recommend this version :D, it's way better.

And welcome to GDC btw!

Archived